FWIW - PFF Cardinals Grades for Week 1

Redsz

We do this together
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

Credit to u/NegativeCreepy on Cardinals Reddit.

Zeem_Freeze

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
thanks, I would appreciate these posts weekly if you have access... Also, a score of 60 is considered league average play right? I forget exactly how their system works

edit: very interesting on MHJ score. while he wasn't getting targeted, I didn't suspect it was because he played poorly. Drop has to obviously hurt but still interesting.

Totally_Red

Air Raid Warning!
Reaction score
Am I reading this right? Very very low pass block rate for Demarcado versus very high grades for JC and Benson.

OP
OP
Redsz

Redsz

We do this together
Reaction score
Starting O-line in high 60's and better. That is a very good sign
Yeah was particularly pleased with the grades for Paris. Hopefully an indicator that he had made the second year jump.

OP
OP
Redsz

Redsz

We do this together
Reaction score
thanks, I would appreciate these posts weekly if you have access... Also, a score of 60 is considered league average play right? I forget exactly how their system works

edit: very interesting on MHJ score. while he wasn't getting targeted, I didn't suspect it was because he played poorly. Drop has to obviously hurt but still interesting.
Not my data as it comes from a user on Reddit. But will post it if I see it.

Yes, 60 is the starting point.

BACH

Superbowl, Homeboy!
Reaction score

55-65 - acceptable starter
65-75 - Good starter
75+ elite starter

Ish…

Best players at their position are usually in the low 80’s over a season. Close to 90 players are among the best players in the league.
101 total players scored over 80 for the season last season.

Last edited:

reebokalone2001

Hall of Famer
Reaction score

Credit to u/NegativeCreepy on Cardinals Reddit.
A few thoughts: 1. Great to see Clark get rated high. I always root for him. 2. Didn't exoect White to play so bad. 3. I thought the team kept Demercado for his pass blocking and blitz pivk up ability. Didn't see that from the score (18.4 in passblock).

Cardinal88

Veteran
Reaction score
Baker, Thompson, and White had a bad game. If they would have played better, the defense could have got off the field more than once. So much for defensive leadership.

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score
Yeah was particularly pleased with the grades for Paris. Hopefully an indicator that he had made the second year jump.

Just one game, but PJJ looking dominant at LT is a nice silver lining from Sunday.

If we really have our LTOTF on board and under contract for 4 more years, that's a huge step in building a contender.

LT has to be at least a top five position out of all 22 starters.

1. QB
2 Edge
3. WR
4. LT
5. CB

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
Baker, Thompson, and White had a bad game. If they would have played better, the defense could have got off the field more than once. So much for defensive leadership.
If the guys in front of Baker and Thompson play a little better it would help those 2 play better, as well. When the front 7 is basically standing saying Ole, it's rough for anyone in the secondary.

Cardinal88

Veteran
Reaction score
If the guys in front of Baker and Thompson play a little better it would help those 2 play better, as well. When the front 7 is basically standing saying Ole, it's rough for anyone in the secondary.
I'm not going to disagree that the front 7 should play better (White was included in the front 7) but those guys don't completely whiff on a critical tackle like Budda did. Beside, the grades they receive are based upon them and the position they play.