ASFN Lifer
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I still like the effort from the Suns on second night of a back-2-back

AfroSuns

ASFN Lifer
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Is there a rule book to give champions easy schedule or wtf is with this Lakers preferential treatment, yeah it will get harder but having such an easy schedule to start the season surely helps with integrating new players

Last edited:

Proteus

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Suns lose 114-106. Nice try from the Suns. Frustrating that we had our chances.

Overall, a good/interesting game to watch.

TBaslim

Planet Orange
Reaction score
Suns lose 114-106. Nice try from the Suns. Frustrating that we had our chances.

Overall, a good/interesting game to watch.

Agreed. Fun game to watch. Never really thought the Suns would pull it out, but good to see them play hard.

Going to be awhile before they find the groove for all 10 guys.

Be interesting to see a rematch in late Feb between these two teams. Most likely, both are better with the Lakers even moreso. But you never know. The Suns have nice pieces. It's all how it comes together.

Bufalay

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Is there a rule book to give champions easy schedule or wtf is with this Lakers preferential treatment, yeah it will get harder but having such an easy schedule to start the season surely helps with integrating new players

Lakers get an easy schedule to start every season. Maybe it has something to do with sharing an arena.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Hedo's stat line wasn't bad:

9 pts
4-7 fg
6 rb
3 ast
1 stl
2 blocks

The problem is it took him 31 minutes to put them up. I'm wondering why he is passing up shots so much--we've seen it in all 3 games so far.

Griffin

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
The Suns played pretty well considering they played in Utah last night. The game was close throughout, but the Suns started missing some shots late and allowed the Lakers' reserves to hit some long and timely jumpers.

Hard to win those second games of back-to-backs.

Over the last 8 regular season meetings with the Lakers:

Suns record against Lakers when Suns had at least 1 day rest: 2-2
Suns record against Lakers when Suns had no rest: 0-4
Suns record against Lakers when Suns had rest but Lakers didn't: never happened

The only time the lakers played the Suns on a second night of a back-to-back was back in 2008 when the Suns were also in that situation.

Of course now we have a four-day rest which is too long and just shows how unbalanced our schedule is.

Hayduke

Registered
Reaction score
Lakers have the least back to back games in the league this season. For being the "best" team in the league this seems strange.

Bert

Walkin' on Sunshine
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Oh.

Whoops...I thought it was like years ago. :p

It always seems that way to me too. I'm sure we've lost more than we've won recently but I dont care enough to google that far back. lol

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Lakers have the least back to back games in the league this season. For being the "best" team in the league this seems strange.

Why does that seem strange? The scheduling office of the NBA are no fools--they plan it that way.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05