Game 5 Lakers at Suns

Billythekid

All Star
Reaction score
People. We need to forget about Game 4 and focus on the NOW! Game 5 is upon us and i still believe we can win this game and the SERIES!

Suns looked very good in game 4, we have somewhat of a swagger back, guys are playing with energy, JR has been sighted, Marion has been sighted, Boris is stepping up and Stevie is Stevie.

We can win game 5 and put some pressure back on the Fakers!

LETS GO SUNS!!!!!!

jandaman

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
The Suns need to adjust their games... D'Antoni simply cannot just say "Run"... he needs to make assignments on the D and adust them as the game goes on... Game 5, the Suns should win.... should.

F-Dog

lurker
Reaction score
Phoenix favored by 7 tonight (same as game 1).

The Suns should come out pissed, since this is their first action since game 4 was stolen from them. If that translates into made shots, the game shouldn't be close enough for any funny business at the end.

Marion finally started to wake up in the 3rd quarter of game 4, but Diaw still hasn't shown the aggressiveness he'd 'developed' in the regular season. The Suns need to put an APB out on Barbosa--they've had two Eddie Houses out there for the entire series.

I like James Jones back in the starting lineup. Tim Thomas gives up so many points with his defense that it usually overwhelms his contribution on offense.

The Suns need to win this one for pride--they're a better team than they've shown so far, and they need to go out and prove it while they still have a chance. They can start worrying about the officials again when they get back to Los Angeles.

sunsfn

Reaction score
I am hoping for a win, but win lose or draw,

I WILL NEVER FORGET GAME 4!!

Zobaczcie suki

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Good point. Go Suns. This game is OURS!

Did you hear the lakers had a big rally yesterday in LA? Heard bits and pieces on the radio. It is a little too early to be celebrating folks.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Absolute Zero said:
Good point. Go Suns. This game is OURS!

Did you hear the lakers had a big rally yesterday in LA? Heard bits and pieces on the radio. It is a little too early to be celebrating folks.

Umm, it wasn't a rally. It was a protest about immigration. Do you watch the news at all?

And Kobe's wife had a baby--would be hard-pressed to see him out there in some sort of rally.

Zobaczcie suki

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Chaplin said:
Umm, it wasn't a rally. It was a protest about immigration. Do you watch the news at all?

And Kobe's wife had a baby--would be hard-pressed to see him out there in some sort of rally.

I was aware of the immigration protest, thank you. But the one of the sports channel on my radio was playing sound bites of what they said was a lakers rally, including statement by Kobe that "God willing", they will prevail, etc. etc. Perhaps it was a gag.

boisesuns

Standing Tall And Traded
Reaction score
elindholm said:
Oh GREAT, now they have God on their side too?

Nah, God is about Truth, which there wasn't much of that in the Lakers favor.

:)

baltimorer

Veteran
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I think Shawn Marion should be the rookie of the year. I know, I know, it's his 6th year in the NBA, which definitely hurts him in the running, but considering how he is running around out there like a chicken with his head cut off, not concentrating on his shots, not being able to slow down and get the ball in the basket - all the traits of a rookie - he should get some consideration?

I think that's why he made the decision not to improve any of his weaknesses since his 2nd season in the league. I mean, when you come into the NBA not being able to dribble, with very little court vision, without the ability to create your own shot, etc. etc., you persevere so that when the time comes, you get the regonition you deserve.

hsandhu

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
No cursing on this board anymore Hsandhu~moderators

Last edited by a moderator:

Treesquid PhD

Pardon my Engrish
Reaction score
az1965 said:
Can we please let Shawn sit and take some deep breaths?

I love the way Diaw is taking it to the hole, Marion is done in my book, MVP candidate LMFAO!!!!!!!!!!!my you know what.

Evil Ash

Henchman Supreme
Reaction score
slinslin said:
Shawn Marion is by far the worst Suns starter in this series, by far.

There have been many who haven't shown up but he is the most key.

For example if Eddie House wants to get out of contract, I'm at the point to let him walk. He has done absolutely nothing this series and I mean NOTHING. Leandro hasn't been much better

Treesquid PhD

Pardon my Engrish
Reaction score
Evil Ash said:
There have been many who haven't shown up but he is the most key.

For example if Eddie House wants to get out of contract, I'm at the point to let him walk. He has done absolutely nothing this series and I mean NOTHING. Leandro hasn't been much better

Given on Barbs but he is a weak child out there, scared.. Marion is the MVP the man, and once again you can't be the man if you are one dimenstional.

House is a nice 10 guy on your bench I don't care we could find bigger shotters.

Evil Ash

Henchman Supreme
Reaction score
Treesquid said:
Given on Barbs but he is a weak child out there, scared.. Marion is the MVP the man, and once again you can't be the man if you are one dimenstional.

House is a nice 10 guy on your bench I don't care we could find bigger shotters.

He's not the man. He was never meant to be the man

However, with the injuries to Kurt Thomas and Amare he's forced to become more then he is. He's a good role player that we are forcing to become the man.

He is what he is and the Suns are relying him to become more than that and we've all seen the results. He somewhat covered the slack in terms of offense and rebounding for Amare but he can't make up for the loss of 2 guys. Somebody else needs to step up and Boris seems to be the guy to finally do that

Suns_fan69

Official ASFN Lurker
Reaction score
Shawn Marion is trying too much to avoid the contact for a clean lay up but time and time again he's either missing it or getting it tipped/blocked. He needs to take a page out of Diaw's book from this game and go strong with 2 hands to the rim. If he dunks it great, if he doesn't, he'll go to the line.

Lets go shawn, take it to the rack STRONG ffs.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05