Game 7 or 1 on Sunday

Mike Olbinski

Formerly Chandler Mike
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not sure if anyone is talking about it, I didn't see it...

but the Suns will either play Game 7 on Sunday, or if they win tonight, Game 1 vs the Spurs on the same day.

Yet the Pistons vs Heat wont start until MONDAY, after the Heat have been off for 4 days already.

Crazy, crazy TV scheduling morons...

Mike

jibikao

Reaction score
Wow.

If we win the series, we start another series on Sunday??? Man. That's too close.

sunsfn

Reaction score
Ouchie-Z-Clown said:
any idea what the rest of the week's schedule would be?

The Sundays have been followed by a Wed. game. That would give an extra days rest.

JJ will be back to 40+ minutes soon..........:D

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
let me get this straight - first we're not on national TV enough - now that we're on - we're bitching about it?

I don't want any layoff - bring on the next game or next series baby! Let the world see what we've been seeing all year!

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
IF we get by Dallas, out of the 4 remaining teams, IMO the Suns are the ones that need the least amount of rest between games--chalk that up to our stellar conditioning coaches.

OP
OP
Mike Olbinski

Mike Olbinski

Formerly Chandler Mike
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Game 2 on Wednesday right during the Lost 2-hour season finale...ugh ugh...

:D

Mike

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
so here's my guess as to how the next round shakes out if we win Game 6(which I am very dubious to believe, I think we go 7). It's come out that Game 1 would be on Sunday and I believe the rest of the schedule would go:

Game 2 - Tuesday/Thursday

Game 3 - Saturday

Game 4 - Monday(Memorial Day)

Game 5 - Wednesday

Game 6 - Friday

Game 7 - Sunday

If it goes to 7 (and Dear Lord I hope it doesn't - I don't know if I can take a Game 7 this early in the playoffs) - I believe it will go:

Game 1 - Tuesday

Game 2 - Thursday

Game 3 - Saturday (ABC)

Game 4 - Monday (Memorial Day - ABC)

Game 5 - Wednesday

Game 6 - Friday

Game 7 - Sunday (ABC)

The conference finals are RARELY on the same night - in fact - I don't they are ever are on the same night and with the other series already set and with no national games set, they're gonna run whoever's in that next series by the TV numbers.

Damnit - I'm really starting to get ahead of myself here!

thegrahamcrackr

Reaction score
cheesebeef said:
let me get this straight - first we're not on national TV enough - now that we're on - we're bitching about it?

I don't want any layoff - bring on the next game or next series baby! Let the world see what we've been seeing all year!

I dont really care about being on ABC because quite frankly their coverage sucks ass.

I want as long as a layoff as possible so that JJ gets the most rest he can.

Skkorpion

Grey haired old Bird
LEGACY MEMBER
Supporting Member
Reaction score
cheese, I can't believe you're planning the next series when we haven't beaten Dallas yet. That's a jinx. Big time. Cease and edit your post fast before the basketball Gods see it!

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Skkorpion said:
cheese, I can't believe you're planning the next series when we haven't beaten Dallas yet. That's a jinx. Big time. Cease and edit your post fast before the basketball Gods see it!

actually - that's the way I think the conference finals will shake out regardless if we're in them or not. But you're right - I am jinxing us to high heaven right now.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am getting SOOOOO pumped for this game - just the ESPN commercial for the game and got chills down my spine - BRING ON GAME 6!!!! BRING IT ON!!!

fordronken

Reaction score
Why wouldn't they start Heat-Pistons on Saturday? That's just stupid. Maybe the league wants a healthy Shaq. People complained about the same thing a few years ago with the Lakers getting 3 and 4 days off between games while Shaq was hurt(other teams were, too, of course, but with Shaq hurting it was a huge advantage for the Lakers).

frankiekazoo

Reaction score
"Maybe the league wants a healthy Shaq."

Maybe the playoff schedule was done ages ago and that's just how it turned out. ;)

Reaction score
What is it about sports that bring out conspiracy theories? :)

It looks as though we are on the same schedule as the Bulls-Wiz series. They played game 6 on a Friday and the Wiz knew they were going to play either the game 7(Bulls) or game 1(Heat) that Sunday.

thegrahamcrackr

Reaction score
frankiekazoo said:
"Maybe the league wants a healthy Shaq."

Maybe the playoff schedule was done ages ago and that's just how it turned out. ;)

Thats not how it works. The series schedule is determined at the beginning of each round. They don't know how many games each round will take, so they can't schedule it.

Bada0Bing

Don't Stop Believin'
Reaction score
Are Saturdays big TV ratings days? I know that I never watch TV on Saturdays, unless the Suns were on. Maybe Monday would bring better ratings.

frankiekazoo

Reaction score
Thanks for clearing that up graham. I honestly don't know sh*t, that's why i said maybe.