Game ball ( Len P ..ESPN )

clif

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Karlos Dansby, Cardinals LB
Playing on the Arizona Cardinals' defense historically hasn't been the road to fame, fortune and success. But for second-year strong-side linebacker Karlos Dansby, a starter since the day he arrived as a second-round choice from Auburn in the 2004 draft, getting recognized hasn't been much of a problem. Especially when it comes to getting attention from opposing coordinators, who try to keep the action away from him. An all-rookie selection last season, when he started in 11 games and registered 68 tackles and five sacks, Dansby has set his sights higher in 2005. He furthered his case for Pro Bowl consideration Sunday with 11 tackles, one sack, a forced fumble, a recovery, and three special teams tackles in the Cardinals' comeback victory over the Tennessee Titans. Dansby is on pace for a 106-tackle and eight-sack season.

BigDavis75

Making a Comeback
Reaction score
Once he learns to be a more consistent tackler watch out. I honestly think Macklin deserves the game ball though.

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Playing on the Arizona Cardinals' defense historically hasn't been the road to fame, fortune and success.

Sure it has. But usually after leaving to play somewhere else.

stewdog1

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Duckjake said:
Sure it has. But usually after leaving to play somewhere else.

Tim McDonald, Aeneas, Rice and Swan kinda goes against that theory.

vince56

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
stewdog1 said:
Tim McDonald, Aeneas, Rice and Swan kinda goes against that theory.

all four of them finished/are finishing their careers with other teams. Point. Serve.

az1965

Love Games!
Reaction score
clif said:
Karlos Dansby, Cardinals LB
Playing on the Arizona Cardinals' defense historically hasn't been the road to fame, fortune and success. But for second-year strong-side linebacker Karlos Dansby, a starter since the day he arrived as a second-round choice from Auburn in the 2004 draft, getting recognized hasn't been much of a problem. Especially when it comes to getting attention from opposing coordinators, who try to keep the action away from him. An all-rookie selection last season, when he started in 11 games and registered 68 tackles and five sacks, Dansby has set his sights higher in 2005. He furthered his case for Pro Bowl consideration Sunday with 11 tackles, one sack, a forced fumble, a recovery, and three special teams tackles in the Cardinals' comeback victory over the Tennessee Titans. Dansby is on pace for a 106-tackle and eight-sack season.
:thumbup: Dansby is having a really solid season so far...

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
vince56 said:
all four of them finished/are finishing their careers with other teams. Point. Serve.

And McDonald,Williams and Rice all played in the SuperBowl with other teams.

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
swd1974 said:
And Pittman. Heck, Pittman was almost MVP.

We were just talking about defensive players though.

The list of offensive players includes Pittman, Proehl, Hearst, and Chris Chandler.

Also on defense was Ken Harvey who went to the Pro Bowl 4 times. While playing for the Redskins.

stewdog1

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
vince56 said:

But they still had a good reputation while they were here. Fame and some fortune.

Heck, just about anybody who has left the team has gone on to the playoffs or Super Bowl. Which team hasn't?

phillycard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Duckjake said:

The list of offensive players includes Pittman, Proehl, Hearst, and Chris Chandler.

Also on defense was Ken Harvey who went to the Pro Bowl 4 times. While playing for the Redskins.

Didn't Centers get a ring with NE?

duckfallas

All Star
Reaction score
That hit should have been on ESPN's jacked up. He crushed the dude. Left him lifeless.

BigRedArk

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
vince56 said:

Weren't all four of these guys Pro-Bowlers with the Cards though? BTW one year at the Pro-Bowl 2 of the starting 4 DB's were Cards. Aeneas and a guy by the name of Robert Mathis I think. Got him in a trade from the Saints.

BigRedArk

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Duckjake said:

Did I miss something? When were Michael Pittman and that sorry excuse for a WR Ricky fumbleruski Proehl ever a Pro Bowler?

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
BigRedArk said:
Did I miss something? When were Michael Pittman and that sorry excuse for a WR Ricky fumbleruski Proehl ever a Pro Bowler?

Yeah you missed something. Both Pittman and Proehl played for other teams in the Super Bowl. Nobody said anything about them being in the Pro Bowl.

Proehl's such a bum that he's in his 16th season in the NFL.

BigRedArk

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Duckjake said:
Yeah you missed something. Both Pittman and Proehl played for other teams in the Super Bowl. Nobody said anything about them being in the Pro Bowl.

Proehl's such a bum that he's in his 16th season in the NFL.

Ok so they did indeed. A lot of difference in playing on a SB team and being recognized individually for being the best player in your conference which was the point Len P was making originally. I am splitting hairs I know. This thread did turn to include going on to play in SB's after playing with Cards ok. BTW Ricky Proehl caught a TD pass in the Rams loss to the Patriots but that was after he fumbled a sure TD pass that would have won the game for the Rams. You can have the bum. He also managed to totally trash the Cards to the media leading up to that SB if I remember correctly too. Sounded like sour grapes to me.

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
BigRedArk said:
Ok so they did indeed. A lot of difference in playing on a SB team and being recognized individually for being the best player in your conference which was the point Len P was making originally. I am splitting hairs I know. This thread did turn to include going on to play in SB's after playing with Cards ok. BTW Ricky Proehl caught a TD pass in the Rams loss to the Patriots but that was after he fumbled a sure TD pass that would have won the game for the Rams. You can have the bum. He also managed to totally trash the Cards to the media leading up to that SB if I remember correctly too. Sounded like sour grapes to me.

Len P said Playing on the Arizona Cardinals' defense historically hasn't been the road to fame, fortune and success. He didn't say anything about being recognized individually for being the best player in your conference.

BigRedArk

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Duckjake said:
Len P said Playing on the Arizona Cardinals' defense historically hasn't been the road to fame, fortune and success. He didn't say anything about being recognized individually for being the best player in your conference.

He did a little further down when talking about Dansby being a likely candidate for the Pro Bowl this year. That was just what I was focusing on more i guess. No big thang. :)

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
BigRedArk said:
He did a little further down when talking about Dansby being a likely candidate for the Pro Bowl this year. That was just what I was focusing on more i guess. No big thang. :)

I'd be very pleased if Dansby ever won Defensive Player of the Year. And I think he has the talent to do it someday. Especially if the Cardinals have a couple of winning seasons.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sunchaser