Gannon roasted for pep talk

jbjarko

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I saw that on SI earlier.

He is a bit of an odd duck. Doesn't seem to have much respect in the media circles either?

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
team media didnt do him any favors

start off with the "car or bus" question which felt oddly random -- edit that out!

other than that - it was fine in the sense that i suspect all these pep talks are goofy

Outerlimits

Veteran
Reaction score
If he’s not, his dorkdom is gonna get blown up on socials all season.

Could be sone great gallows humor if we are wretchedly bad.

Oh, I'm sure this season will provide immense humor on socials because the team will be bad. If this is still occurring two years from now, it won't be nearly as funny.

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
He's definitely not lacking in confidence...the material itself is a bit strange, but it's all good if it works.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Is there a team bus that rounds up guys or is Gannon that out to lunch?

Card'em

All Star
Reaction score
Kliff was the cool Bro coach and many in the media such as Peter Shrager loved him. How'd that work out?

Jeez, if this video segment is why you're going to criticize Gannon, I just don't know. Can't the media and this board wait to criticize him until he at least screws up a challenge or runs out of time outs before the end of the first quarter?

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Is there a team bus that rounds up guys or is Gannon that out to lunch?
Yeah. It’s not really fair because I’m guessing he’s talking about the team bus that took whomever wanted from Tempe to the West side.

It’s just a dumb question and opener.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Kliff was the cool Bro coach and many in the media such as Peter Shrager loved him. How'd that work out?

Jeez, if this video segment is why you're going to criticize Gannon, I just don't know. Can't the media and this board wait to criticize him until he at least screws up a challenge or runs out of time outs before the end of the first quarter?
People made the same argument about Wilk's bricks.

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score
I would imagine a 40 year old person who has never led a team before has a bit of adjustment running a billion dollar franchise and standing in front of 53 millionaires.

I like to give people the opportunity to show who they are. "You are what your record says you are."

Edit. BTW, Bill Parcells was 3-12-1 his first year as HC.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
guess what - a lot of the same people here cringing at Coach Kendall Roy were also cringing at a ton of Kingsbury stuff.
there ain't nothing else to talk about right now.