Gannon roasted for pep talk

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Just curious...ever coached a team? If so, how about sharing some of the motivational sayings or stuff you put out that really got the going. I coached both soccer and basketball so I will appreciate your thoughts....particularly if you had a group you knew darn well would be like rolling a 300 pound rock uphill to get them on the right track.
I have coached teams...and yeah, you drop some "pull yourself up by your bootstraps" sayings pre game and half time. However, generally speaking, not too many motivational speeches that happen weeks before games about accountability and commitment.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
If you had your way, the Cardinals would be 0-17. And since most of the moron media out there agree with your negativity, I guess a 4 win season would make my expectations CORRECT. I’m pretty sure you weren’t a fan back in 73, but if you were, you would be leading the charge to criticize Coryell prior to season 1 & then fire
him after a 4-9-1 first season. JG hasn’t coached one season, and all you do is itch and complain and criticize. He and MO have taken over a mess. They deserve better from ANY Cardinal fan since literally zero games have been played.
Cool. Stand by your opinion and make the bet.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
If you had your way, the Cardinals would be 0-17. And since most of the moron media out there agree with your negativity, I guess a 4 win season would make my expectations CORRECT. I’m pretty sure you weren’t a fan back in 73, but if you were, you would be leading the charge to criticize Coryell prior to season 1 & then fire
him after a 4-9-1 first season. JG hasn’t coached one season, and all you do is itch and complain and criticize. He and MO have taken over a mess. They deserve better from ANY Cardinal fan since literally zero games have been played.
1 - no one on this board wants the team to be 0-17.

2 - We are all aware of how long you have supported this tragic franchise. You bring it up multiple times every week.

3 - The comment was made because it is easy to see how his speech would appeal to those who like a more traditional coach.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Interesting that people call posters darksiders, but those darksiders are the ones who are most frustrated by the tanking. @kerouac9 called out for being negative when he has spoken up against this idea of intentionally losing and the person who is calling him out, the ultimate homer @PACardsFan , is fine with the Cardinals intentionally losing this year in hopes of the future promise of winning.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
So based on your negativity & expectations, if the Cardinals win 1 game, then I win the bet. OK. We can bet on that.
That’s not the bet. Do you even read my posts before replying with uncut toxic positivity??

Every GAME the cards cover the spread, I will offer unqualified praise for MOJG.

Every GAME the Cards fail to cover, you have to provide a single post in critique.

That’s the bet.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
FWIW, I Philly writer defended Gannon...saying Siriani speaks similarly and got roasted for it early on, but now nobody is laughing.
He does. That is why no one on here is saying he should be fired for making a goofing speech. That doesn't mean we can't have a laugh at his expenses. It's just calling a spade, a spade.

A lot of sensitivity from the positivity patrol on here. (not you Ron)

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
1 - no one on this board wants the team to be 0-17.

2 - We are all aware of how long you have supported this tragic franchise. You bring it up multiple times every week.

3 - The comment was made because it is easy to see how his speech would appeal to those who like a more traditional coach.
1. They may not necessarily deep deep down “want” to be 0-17, but they would still revel in it.
2. I bring that up routinely so that the newbies on this board don’t fall into the negativity trap that you sell daily.
3. What is a traditional coach? All I know is that JG is a qualified NFL HC & deserves support until it’s proven he doesn’t.

CardNots

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
So based on your negativity & expectations, if the Cardinals win 1 game, then I win the bet. OK. We can bet on that.
I hate controlling one’s speech, either by a bet or otherwise… say what you want when you want

It’s human nature for everything which man builds there will always be those who try and tear it down and this fact will always exist as sad as it may seem.

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
That’s not the bet. Do you even read my posts before replying with uncut toxic positivity??

Every GAME the cards cover the spread, I will offer unqualified praise for MOJG.

Every GAME the Cards fail to cover, you have to provide a single post in critique.

That’s the bet.
There is NO bet per se? When did I ever say that in a COMPLETE REBUILD that the Cardinals would cover the spread in more games than they wouldn’t? Especially with Murray out a minimum of 6-8 games. Will we be more watchable than last year? Absolutely. Will we be better than what the so called prognosticators are saying? IMO, yes. If you want to analyze the games when we do cover, I’d be glad to do the same when we don’t cover. But, that’s hardly a bet.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
There is NO bet per se? When did I ever say that in a COMPLETE REBUILD that the Cardinals would cover the spread in more games than they wouldn’t? Especially with Murray out a minimum of 6-8 games. Will we be more watchable than last year? Absolutely. Will we be better than what the so called prognosticators are saying? IMO, yes. If you want to analyze the games when we do cover, I’d be glad to do the same when we don’t cover. But, that’s hardly a bet.

We open up against 3 NFC East teams. Keep in mind that JG has prepped FOUR times in the last 2 seasons for both Washington & Dallas, and FIVE times for the Giants since he had to prepare 3 times last year. We may be more competitive in these games than the idiot prognosticators out there want to admit.

Do you believe this or not? The Eagles were 5-2 against the rest of the NFC East last year.

AZ Native

Living is Easy with Eyes Closed
Reaction score
The Cowboys went 1-15 in Jimmy Johnson's first season and they tore apart their roster the preceding winter. They went and drafted a bunch of hall of famers over the next couple drafts and things went pretty well from there.

All we gotta do is nail the "draft a bunch of hall of famers" part and the rest is easy!
Who is our Herschel Walker?

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Do you believe this or not? The Eagles were 5-2 against the rest of the NFC East last year.
3 games against former NFCE foes does not make an entire season. I did say that we MAY be more competitive in these THREE games. And that’s only because JG is more familiar with these 3 teams. And I still think we will be. Being competitive and covering spreads are not necessarily the same thing.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
3 games against former NFCE foes does not make an entire season. I did say that we MAY be more competitive in these THREE games. And that’s only because JG is more familiar with these 3 teams. And I still think we will be. Being competitive and covering spreads are not necessarily the same thing.
Does "being competitive" have a quantitative definition for you then? Because "being closer than within the margin set by Vegas" seems pretty close to me. I don't know how else you'd define it.

Reaction score
Do you have the courage of your convictions? Let’s make a friendly wager: for every game the cards cover the spread, I’ll provide unique unqualified praise for JGMO.

If the Cards fail to cover the spread, you have to make a criticism of them.

You’re so sure they’ll exceed expectations…
I'll take that bet. But you won't see this post because you blocked me. Apparently I didn't have enough knowledge of football for you. ;)

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Who is our Herschel Walker?

Optimistically... the #3 pick in last year's draft.

Or maybe Kyler plays well enough to get back into the conversation of good quarterbacks and they ship him for a bunch of picks.

Although, that guarantees we'd be pretty horrible in 2024 as well.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Optimistically... the #3 pick in last year's draft.

Or maybe Kyler plays well enough to get back into the conversation of good quarterbacks and they ship him for a bunch of picks.

Although, that guarantees we'd be pretty horrible in 2024 as well.
If Kyler comes back and looks really good but we still end up with the 1st pick, that pick could be the Herschel Walker trade for us. Alternatively, if Kyler’s great and we don’t end up with the first pick, maybe Houston does and that ends up being Herschel Walker-esque trade.

az jam

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I just watched the Flight Plan episode and don't know what the fuzz is all about. JG seems to have a motivational oriented approach when addressing the players. Watching "hard knocks" over the years and seeing many coaches giving locker room pep talks, I feel that this is all coach talk. They all have their own style. What happens on the field on game day is what really counts.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
If Kyler comes back and looks really good but we still end up with the 1st pick, that pick could be the Herschel Walker trade for us. Alternatively, if Kyler’s great and we don’t end up with the first pick, maybe Houston does and that ends up being Herschel Walker-esque trade.

Yeah, that is what I was thinking with the "#3 pick in last year's draft". Paris Johnson turns into a stud and Houston's pick lands us a superstar... that would be our "Walker trade".

The good news is that CJ Stroud looks absolutely awful, totally unready to play, and they're going to start him anyway.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sparky