Get Harden = DWILL

sunsGM

Reaction score
Interesting thought......If the suns somehow managed to pull off the trade of nash/gortat to OKC in exchange for harden/perkins/#28 pick as mentioned in another thread, wouldnt this entice DWILL to sign with phoenix?

Perkins(8)/Lopez(5)
Morris(2)/Frye(6)/Warrick(4)
Dudley(4)
Harden(5)
DWILL(18)/Telfair(1)

Amnesty: Childress

Suns will have the #13 and #28 picks

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
And then trade for 'Melo since its too crowded in NY with Lin, A'mare, Chandler etc. Trade all our picks for the next 5 years for LMA...Portland is rebuilding, they need the picks.

Our lineup

Deron
Harden
'Melo
LMA
Dwight

Championship baby!!!

devilalum

Heavily Redacted
Reaction score
And then trade for 'Melo since its too crowded in NY with Lin, A'mare, Chandler etc. Trade all our picks for the next 5 years for LMA...Portland is rebuilding, they need the picks.

Our lineup

Deron
Harden
'Melo
LMA
Dwight

Championship baby!!!

Melo is a black hole. He's the second coming of Derrick Coleman.

SweetD

Next Up
Supporting Member
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
Dwill is a great player but I don't see him coming to Phoenix. I would rather draft a PG this year if we are going to build around Harden.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Interesting thought......If the suns somehow managed to pull off the trade of nash/gortat to OKC in exchange for harden/perkins/#28 pick as mentioned in another thread, wouldnt this entice DWILL to sign with phoenix?

Perkins(8)/Lopez(5)
Morris(2)/Frye(6)/Warrick(4)
Dudley(4)
Harden(5)
DWILL(18)/Telfair(1)

Amnesty: Childress

Suns will have the #13 and #28 picks

Say you can't get DWill. You draft Marshall and maybe Fab Melo? or some other big that drops precipitously? I might consider buying Orlando's pick and drafting Royce White as well. And then retain Aaron Brooks for an offensive spark off the bench. He would look pretty decent on that team. Keep Michael Redd too for depth at sg.

Marshall, Telfair, Brooks
Harden, Redd
White, Dudley
Morris, Frye, Warrick
Perkins, Lopez, (Frye), Melo

It would be an interesting young team to watch develop. And you would still have cap space, I believe, to go for a max FA this year or next.

Last edited:

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
"If we keep the pick"
-Lance Blanks about the #13 pick in a lunch with the press today.

Get ready to pull your hair out.

Superbone

Phoenix native; Lifelong Suns Fan
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sarver was never the GM, he was in charge for 2 months until he hired Babby, sure. But Blanks is ten times worse in a position he's supposed to thrive in.

And that was the period where we traded for Hedo and signed Warrick and Childress.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
And that was the period where we traded for Hedo and signed Warrick and Childress.

Signed Warrick and Childress, yes. Warrick was a huge mistake, not because he sucks (although he does), but because he was our Amare replacement. Childress was actually in demand when we signed him.

But Kerr admitted after being fired that he started the Hedo trade himself. My guess also is that led to Babby being hired as well.

SweetD

Next Up
Supporting Member
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
What has Blanks been able to do? Babby made all the bad signing with his old clients. At least they moved Turk's contract and got Gortat.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
What has Blanks been able to do? Babby made all the bad signing with his old clients. At least they moved Turk's contract and got Gortat.

That's just it, he hasn't done anything. Are his hands tied? If they are, then what's the point of having him here? The guy is terrible as a spokesman for the team and doesn't appear to have any good connections with other teams.

I also get the feeling that he doesn't care one bit about the fans. Babby may be incompetent, but at least he tries to reach out to the fans once in a while. Think about it--the differences just as a public persona of the suns between Blanks and Bryan Colangelo are quite striking.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Signed Warrick and Childress, yes. Warrick was a huge mistake, not because he sucks (although he does), but because he was our Amare replacement. Childress was actually in demand when we signed him.

by who? I don't remember seeing any reports of this, especially at the relatively high cost that we got him for.

i do agree with you about Blanks tho... dude seems like an absolute nincompoop.

i hope we trade away our pick this year, only so the Republic can run the headline: "Shooting Blanks."

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
by who? I don't remember seeing any reports of this, especially at the relatively high cost that we got him for.

Don't remember all of them, but I believe the clippers and even the Hawks were considering him. I definitely remember the Clips as one of the teams.

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
i do agree with you about Blanks tho... dude seems like an absolute nincompoop.

Most amusingly, Sarver crowing about reinventing the NBA front office with tweedle dee and tweedle dumb.

Bang up job as usual Bobby!

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Don't remember all of them, but I believe the clippers and even the Hawks were considering him. I definitely remember the Clips as one of the teams.

i don't recall anyone being seriously interested in him. do you remember if they were actually interested in him for the absurd amount of money we spent?

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
i don't recall anyone being seriously interested in him. do you remember if they were actually interested in him for the absurd amount of money we spent?

Yeah, and I believe that's why we spent so much money on him. Bidding war.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah, and I believe that's why we spent so much money on him. Bidding war.

bidding war? That I definitely don't remember. What I do remember is that he left the states because no one would give him even the mid-level. and how could there even be a bidding war on a guy who wasn't even a UFA? The Hawks still owned his rights. He was actually traded to us.

i would love to see some proof there was a "bidding war" over a guy who a) wasn't a FA b) previously couldn't get a big contract and c) was out of the league for three years. While I don't remember how many teams were after him, I definitely remember the majority of the media was stunned when we signed him for as much money as we did. there was no bidding war for Josh Childress. That's what made it such an assinine signing.

Last edited:

Folster

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Last edited:

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05