Ginofloppi needs to take some lessons from this guy!

Errntknght

Reaction score
I don't think he should be penalized at all, that was hilarious. Best laugh I've had in a good while.

Gino was a menace when he flopped, careening into opponents and diving into their legs - and he was clearly not out of control because he only smacked into opponents. Hell, his teammates would have straightened him out if he was putting them at risk - they had to be on the floor with him 80 times a year instead of just 3 or 4 games. He should have been banned for life and his coach along with him.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't think he should be penalized at all, that was hilarious. Best laugh I've had in a good while.

Gino was a menace when he flopped, careening into opponents and diving into their legs - and he was clearly not out of control because he only smacked into opponents. Hell, his teammates would have straightened him out if he was putting them at risk - they had to be on the floor with him 80 times a year instead of just 3 or 4 games. He should have been banned for life and his coach along with him.

I've always thought the way to handle this kind of problem is obvious. You can't ban the guy for life because the player's union wouldn't tolerate it. Fine the guy 10,000 dollars but then fine the organization 5 mil and a draft pick. That would stop this kind of nonsense real quick. I'd have done the same thing would Van Gumby's recent comments and Horry's series saving cheap shot.

Steve

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Since you are talking about football and flopping here is what Nash was saying about the Horry incident..."..I jumped up and ran after him I kind of ruined the flop..."

http://www.poundingtherock.com/2010/6/25/1537688/steve-nash-finally-admits-to

By the way, I really like Nash, he is a classy guy and likes football.

When asked if he sold it, his response was: "a little bit, after. He knocked me down". How does that change anything? Every player on the planet "sells" it when they get hit. His actions may have contributed to the stupid reactions of Diaw and Stat but they do nothing to mitigate Horry's cheap shot.

By the way, I really like Nash, he is a classy guy and he acknowledges that the Spurs ALWAYS MANUpilate the refs.

Steve

Lorenzo

Reaction score
Like I always said. Big shot Rob or bob whatever they called him...no longer could hit a real shot. so he took one out on nash. that more than made up for a game winner. I don't know what was bigger for his team. the game winning 3 he hit for the lakers against the kings that was ultimately what propelled them to win a title. or the cheap shot he took on nash, that ultimately propelled the spurs to win a title?

Lorenzo

Reaction score
I think most Spurs fans have the fondest memories of Horry from this amazing game, game 5 in the 2005 finals against the Pistons.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BZdik09RGJI&feature=related
my memories of horry? biting stackhouse like tyson bit holyfield the year before he had that meltdown against nash. the guy was a dirtbag at times on the court. I give the spurs credit for eliminating the suns in a game 6 beating that year when amare was actually on the court. but what horry did in garbage time was dirty and it tainted that series. that was the one year where the suns could have defeated the spurs.

Last edited:

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
my memories of horry? biting stackhouse like tyson bit holyfield the year before he had that meltdown against nash. the guy was a dirtbag at times on the court..
Don't forget that, while with the Suns in 1997, Horry flung a towel at his Coach Danny Ainge on the bench. Dirtbag is right!

leclerc

The smooth operator
Reaction score
I'm sure glad Horry and that c*** Bruce Bowen is out of the league. Good riddance!

leclerc

The smooth operator
Reaction score
Jumpkicks

Yes, he's a real Karl Malone. Like Kobe's elbow work going up for a jumper or pump fake. On Tekken I believe it's X, X, O, O, Square?

Manu4five

Veteran
Reaction score
Don't forget that, while with the Suns in 1997, Horry flung a towel at his Coach Danny Ainge on the bench. Dirtbag is right!

What happened to the coach, did he survive?

This league has turned into a place for soft ballerinas pretending to be "bad" by getting some tats and/or releasing a rap album while complaining if someone actually plays tough D against them. I miss the good old days when this was a sport for men.

OP
OP
jagu

jagu

#13 - Legendary
Reaction score
What happened to the coach, did he survive?

This league has turned into a place for soft ballerinas pretending to be "bad" by getting some tats and/or releasing a rap album while complaining if someone actually plays tough D against them. I miss the good old days when this was a sport for men.

This.... I'm only still watching the NBA since I paid money for League Pass, I'm sick of this type of basketball. Ticky tack fouls, players looking to get fouled more than actually showing skills. It's garbage. I'm no longer renewing League Pass after this year and I'll just see box scores for the Suns games or go hunting for some online video if the game is actually worth watching.

Lorenzo

Reaction score
Oh I almost forgot about bowen. I think the guy fouled dirk on almost every possession in that 7 game series when the mavs eliminated them. I give him credit for being physical, but he was dirty too. My biggest problem with the guy was that he would argue with the refs? It was amusing to see a guy that physical whine about a foul. even moreso than duncan constantly whining.

Honestly, I can't see how he didn't foul out of every game by the 3rd quarter. bear hug defense is what avery johnson called it. the funny thing is dirk was still nailing jumpers on the guy while having his B@#$ licked by the guy.

Manu4five

Veteran
Reaction score
Oh I almost forgot about bowen. I think the guy fouled dirk on almost every possession in that 7 game series when the mavs eliminated them. I give him credit for being physical, but he was dirty too. My biggest problem with the guy was that he would argue with the refs? It was amusing to see a guy that physical whine about a foul. even moreso than duncan constantly whining.

Honestly, I can't see how he didn't foul out of every game by the 3rd quarter. bear hug defense is what avery johnson called it. the funny thing is dirk was still nailing jumpers on the guy while having his B@#$ licked by the guy.

I have a great respect for Dirk. He is great and in my opinion he should be the MVP this season, but Bowen was a 3 and it's no surprise he had problems defending Dirk. In fact it is telling that he was assigned that task being so much shorter. Bowen was just one of the best defensive players ever. Sure he was nasty and physical but most of all he was very smart. I know I'm in the minority here (but certainly not among Spurs fans) when liking and missing Bowen. He is the perfect example of a player you just love to have on your own team but hate to play against.

I know that Kobe is a great player and while I absolutely despise some other aspects of his personality (the big ego), I also respect him because he respected opponents like Bowen. He stated that Bowen was a great defender but that he enjoyed playing against him. That's a great attitude and the opposite of the "don't touch me" primadonnas like Ray Allen..."Buhuhuuu I cannot shoot my threes because Bruce keeps interupting me".

Manu4five

Veteran
Reaction score
BTW I also heard that back in 1985 Malik Rose accidentaly sneezed on a poodle. The poodle didn't notice anything but the old woman who owned it thought it was very funny.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05