Go after Brad Johnson!

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
Played for Denny and I honestly feel he is a much better option than Warner or Garcia. Initially I felt Warner would be a good solution but the more I hear him whine and the more his play suggets he was a product of the Rams system than NO, bad choice. Garcia, never had much arm strength and just looked awful with the Browns. Johnson is old but still probably has a couple of years left in him. Ask yourself, who would you want your young QBs having as a mentor...surely not Warner and his wife. Brad also wouldn't break the bank either. I think the Cards would have to trade for him or hope he gets cut. Dunno, what about Brad Johnson considering the other options out there?

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
I like how Martz was quoted as saying Bulger is better than Warner ever was. Warner was pretty good in his MVP year.I haven't seen those kind of numbers out fo Bulger.But Martz is an ass anyway.

LVCARDFREAK

In the league 20 years!
Reaction score
Cbus cardsfan said:
I like how Martz was quoted as saying Bulger is better than Warner ever was. Warner was pretty good in his MVP year.I haven't seen those kind of numbers out fo Bulger.But Martz is an ass anyway.

I agree and disagree.

First Warner was in a system that and weapons at WR that made it very very diffucult for teams to stop. He himself was an engima of sorts so coaches didint know his tendencies, etc. Warner was good that year-dont get me wrong-but you have to wonder how much of it was garnered from the system etc?

Bulger has been much more consistent imo and although he does make mistakes seems much more comfortable than Warner ever did. They also dont have the Faulk of old that Warner had.

The second point I agree with you: Martz is an Ass! :thumbup:

CaliCards

Registered
Reaction score
Warner wouldn't break the bank because he said he will not return to the NYG as a backup. However, I'd prefer Johnson because he knows Green's system and would be a great mentor to McCown and our Qb draft pick.

I think the cards can make the playoff with Johnson and McCown next season.

Shane

Comin for you!
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ummm NO!

WildBB

Yogi n da Bear
Reaction score
KingofCards said:
I could see Brad Johnson coming here.

I think it's a forgone conclusion - we go after the guy. :thumbup:

I hope we draft a rook QB too. A REAL PROSPECT. Let McCown & Navarre fight out the b/u spot with em. :thumbup:

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
I hate his facemask, and he doesn't seem like a football player. Other than that, I don't have anything against him.

Simozona

AussieCard
Reaction score
He sounds like a better fit the Warner and Garcia, but at the same time i dont think he'd be that good . Finding a Qb this offseason is i think the toughest position that will be filled. There arent any stand out ppl that look really good for us. I dont think the draft is the best answer for QB

TRW

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Looking at the list of "available" QB's, Brad Johnson MAY be the best fit for the Cards. Also, he would be a much, much better alternative to King. I wasn't sold on Johnson before but I think he's a better veteran guy to get than Warner, Garcia (blech!), George (double blech!), et al. I don't know if Johnson has anything left in the tank as far as starting for a season, which you KNOW he would have to do here if they keep Josh.

BUT, if you are looking down the road, there is not much future in bringing him in without getting a young guy to take over in a year or two when he's done. And, yes, I am basing that statement on the opinion that Josh McCown is NOT that young guy. IMO Josh McCown has NO future as the starting QB of an NFL team.

chickenhead

Reaction score
Warner was a great QB in St. Louis. I don’t think we can trust Martz on this one—he wants to pimp his current QB, and doesn’t have anything good to say about Warner after his spat with Kurt and Brenda during Warner’s injury a couple years ago. Plus to me, Bulger is clearly not a drastic improvement over Rams-era Warner. During the Jets game the announcers were going off on how “accurate” Bulger is. Yes, a lot of his passes to a pair of all-pro receivers who run great routes and get great separation are accurate. But is 21 TDs amd 18 INTs such a great improvement over Warner? Last year it was 22/22. The season Warner had 22 INTs, he also had 36 TDs at a time when Faulk was comprising a greater share of the offense. I think people only remember Warner’s 2002 meltdown when he was clearly rattled and threw 3 TDs with 11 INTs. Bulger’s half of the season looked great at 14/6, the best of his career so far. But is it better than 41/13? Maybe Martz forgets 1999 because he wasn’t the head coach.

In any case, we’re not getting the 1999 Warner, so we might as well forget about it, too.

WildBB

Yogi n da Bear
Reaction score
TRW said:
Looking at the list of "available" QB's, Brad Johnson MAY be the best fit for the Cards. Also, he would be a much, much better alternative to King. I wasn't sold on Johnson before but I think he's a better veteran guy to get than Warner, Garcia (blech!), George (double blech!), et al. I don't know if Johnson has anything left in the tank as far as starting for a season, which you KNOW he would have to do here if they keep Josh.

BUT, if you are looking down the road, there is not much future in bringing him in without getting a young guy to take over in a year or two when he's done. And, yes, I am basing that statement on the opinion that Josh McCown is NOT that young guy. IMO Josh McCown has NO future as the starting QB of an NFL team.

I'll second that. :thumbup: