God and Generals?

Mike Olbinski

Formerly Chandler Mike
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Anyone heard anything about this movie? Chap?

I guess this is the prequel to Gettysburgh, which was a fantastic movie, although over 4 hours long. I just watched it again sometime last year, and can't wait for this prequel.

And I guess they will be doing a finale movie in the future, which will conclude the Civil War.

Mike

Bob Chebat

The Silencer!
Reaction score
I just took a look at the lineup for Friday because we wanted to see this when it came out. I think I am going to have to reconsider after learning that it is 229 minutes. That is almost four hours long. That is a long time to plant your keyster in a theater seat.

Dan H

ASFN Addict
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
There's an intermission, but some people are unhappy with the liberties taken with the book.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
I've heard pretty mixed reviews about it.

But the glaring statistic is that its like 2 minutes longer than Gone With the Wind. Unless it's a complete masterpiece, it'll be hard to make any money on that movie. In fact, the movie will be a flop, no matter how good it is. It's just too long.

OP
OP
Mike Olbinski

Mike Olbinski

Formerly Chandler Mike
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Chaplin
I've heard pretty mixed reviews about it.

Mixed reviews? Man, Rotten Tomato's rating scale has a 0% for it, I mean, how much worse could it be, lol.

Doesn't look like it's mixed as much as everyone seems to think it downright sucks.

Bums me out, I was looking forward to it.

Mike

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
I haven't heard anything saying that it sucks. In fact, I've heard that Jeff Daniels is very good in it.

maddogkf

You think KFCs still open
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sun Devil Stadium, Sect 27, Row 34, Seat 8
Say this last night - not too bad - a bit long & sometimes too much daitribe though.

The battle scenes were good.

I think I have to see Gettysburg now - is it on the same level as this, or is there more action?

DbaxJ

I was lost but now I'm found
Reaction score
IMO Gettysberg was a million times better. I own both movies, but, and was really wanting to see G&G, so I bought it, and was rather disappointed after seeing Gettysberg. G&G is a good movie, but not as good as I hoped it would be.