Going out on a limb..... Stanton is the QB we have been looking for

Chris_Sanders

Not Always The Best Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Why?

If it is because of his ability, then fair enough.

If it is because the contact then I don't know what you are complaining about. Stanton can be cut next year, no problem.

I don't believe he is particularly accurate nor does he read the field well. He has worked with great receivers pretty much his whole career and hasn't been able to be anything stronger than mediocre.

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
Wrong. In his rookie year (2008) he couldn't vault Dan Orlovsky, Daunte Culpepper, or Jon Kitna, despite being a very high second-rounc pick.

In 2009, he couldn't beat out Culpepper for the #2 job when Stafford went down with one of his many collarbone fractures.

In 2010, he couldn't get out from behind Shaun Hill for the #2 job behind Stafford, despite being a very high second round pick.

So we're kind of hoping that "the Answer" at QB is a guy who had to hold on to #3 jobs his entire career, until he went to the youngest and most shallow team in the NFL.
He also didn't appear ready in 2009 when he got a few starts, but he showed major improvement in 2010 when he got a few more starts. Add to that BA saying that he improved a lot in his fundamentals last year and I wouldn't be shocked if he played some solid football. I'm not one of the individuals who believes he will be great, but I won't be surprised if he does alright.

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
He also didn't appear ready in 2009 when he got a few starts, but he showed major improvement in 2010 when he got a few more starts. Add to that BA saying that he improved a lot in his fundamentals last year and I wouldn't be shocked if he played some solid football. I'm not one of the individuals who believes he will be great, but I won't be surprised if he does alright.

The last time the Cards hung their hat on a QB who only had a couple of good games as a starter after being the backup it turned out to be a disaster.

Well at least this time it won't cost Michael Bidwill a Gulfstream A550.

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
The last time the Cards hung their hat on a QB who only had a couple of good games as a starter after being the backup it turned out to be a disaster.

Well at least this time it won't cost Michael Bidwill a Gulfstream A550.
Exactly, he is already locked in for 3 years 9M? And will only make more if he plays well. Also I don't think anyone is hanging there hat on him, but he might just be the best option for the 2013 season.

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Exactly, he is already locked in for 3 years 9M? And will only make more if he plays well. Also I don't think anyone is hanging there hat on him, but he might just be the best option for the 2013 season.

Wouldn't it be great if he turned into a Trent Green? A quality starter at QB that didn't cost millions. What a bonus for the Cardinals.

OP
OP
Stronso

Stronso

Schweddy Balls
Reaction score
Wouldn't it be great if he turned into a Trent Green? A quality starter at QB that didn't cost millions. What a bonus for the Cardinals.

That's what I am hoping for and what I believe can happen

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
I think Stanton has the same chance at being successful as Skelton, Lindley, and Hoyer. The only thing Stanton has on the rest is that Arians knows him.

If the Cards do mistakenly take Smith at 7, look for him to play early. Keim has already said he think young QB's need to play. Of course he then turned around and signed a 29 year old QB that hasn't really ever played, so you never know.