Grades, any insiders?

THESMEL

Smushdown! Take it like a fan!
Reaction score
The theme I like is we are getting 5 and 6 year veteran players for the most part.

DRC, Deuce, Breaston, Branch are gone the full list is under old team "Arizona" with 24 players on it.

Sendlein and Porter are re-signed.

You have too be an insider to see the expert grades, but where do you grade these new players and old players at?

I have hope that we can get better for cheaper all the way up to the regular season, While others are cutting to make the salary cap, We have room as planned 3 years ago when the Owners opted out.

The final 53, is where the rubber hits the road, but every snap in preseason matters more than most years, on every team. It's a good year to rebuild.

Seeing how most despise my grades, I hope an insider will post our core players grades compared to other NFCW core player grades.

I would sign up but I'm stubbornly saving my fan dollar for the jersey of the day after the cuts are made, have a collection of Plummer, Mcnown, Blake, ex Card players stuff. to help pay for the new CBA!

D'Anthony Batiste OT UFA 6-43146CardinalsCardinals
Stewart Bradley LB UFA 6-42585EaglesCardinals
Daryn Colledge G UFA 6-43086PackersCardinals
Nick Eason DE UFA 6-33059SteelersCardinals
Jeff King TE UFA 6-32606PanthersCardinals
Richard Marshall CB UFA 5-111896PanthersCardinals

http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/fa?o...ttp://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/fa?oldTeamId=22

Grading Scale

• 90-100: Elite Player
    Player demonstrates rare abilities and can create mismatches that have an obvious impact on the game. ... Premier NFL player who has all the skills to consistently play at a championship level. ... Rates as one of the top players at his position in the league.
  • 80-89: Outstanding Player
    Player has abilities to create mismatches versus most opponents in the NFL. ... A feature player who has an impact on the outcome of the game. ... Cannot be shut down by a single player and plays on a consistent level week in and week out.
  • 70-79: Good Starter
    Solid starter who is close to being an outstanding player. ... Has few weaknesses and usually will win his individual matchup but does not dominate in every game, especially when matched up against the top players in the league.
  • 60-69: Average Starter
    A valuable roster player but not a dominant player against the better players he faces on a weekly basis. ... Gives great effort and teams are glad to have him, but he may or may not go to the next level.
  • 50-59: Good Backup
    This is a player who is really on the bubble and only starts because of a deficiency at the position. ... He lacks complete overall skills, and although he will battle, he will hinder his team's ability to play at a championship level if he is forced to be in the starting lineup consistently over a 16-game season. Teams don't mind having him on the roster but are always looking to upgrade.
  • 40-49: Below Average Backup/Core Special Teamers
    Strictly a backup player who is not capable of starting. If forced to, he is only a short-term fix. ... He might make the roster because of special-teams contributions or experience. ... He is the type of player teams consistently look to replace with an upgrade. ... He always will be a borderline roster player.
  • 30: Rookie (Post-draft)
    No professional tape to evaluate. These players will have an evaluation based on their college tape, but we will not put a new grade on them until after their rookie seasons. They will carry the 30 grade throughout their first NFL season.
  • 20: Developmental Player
    Players with this grade have very little film to evaluate. Such players might flash potential in the preseason but don't have any regular-season performances to judge. they usually have very little experience but have to be tracked due to developmental potential.
  • 10: Evaluation in Process
    Need more information

kps0001

Warriors Come Out And Plaaaay!
Reaction score
Here are the grades on those players from Insider

D'Anthony Batiste OT UFA 6-4 314 6 Cardinals 51
Stewart Bradley LB UFA 6-4 258 5 Eagles Cardinals 77
Daryn Colledge G UFA 6-4 308 6 Packers Cardinals 76
Nick Eason DE UFA 6-3 305 9 Steelers Cardinals 61
Jeff King TE UFA 6-3 260 6 Panthers Cardinals 63
Richard Marshall CB UFA 5-11 189 6 Panthers Cardinals 74

OP
OP
THESMEL

THESMEL

Reaction score
thanks

Do they have Kolb's? I know he wasn't free agent? maybe last years? I had him at 83, optimist

Here are the grades on those players from Insider

D'Anthony Batiste OT UFA 6-4 314 6 Cardinals 51
Stewart Bradley LB UFA 6-4 258 5 Eagles Cardinals 77
Daryn Colledge G UFA 6-4 308 6 Packers Cardinals 76
Nick Eason DE UFA 6-3 305 9 Steelers Cardinals 61
Jeff King TE UFA 6-3 260 6 Panthers Cardinals 63
Richard Marshall CB UFA 5-11 189 6 Panthers Cardinals 74

kps0001

Reaction score
Here is what it shows for old players

Hamza Abdullah S UFA 6-2 216 7 Cardinals 47
Michael Adams CB RFA 5-8 181 5 Cardinals 61
D'Anthony Batiste OT UFA 6-4 314 6 Cardinals Cardinals 51
Alan Branch DT UFA 6-6 338 5 Cardinals 68
Steve Breaston WR UFA 6-0 189 5 Cardinals Chiefs 75
Nehemiah Broughton FB Released 5-11 255 5 Cardinals 20
Ben Claxton C UFA 6-3 300 5 Cardinals 43
Early Doucet WR RFA 6-0 212 4 Cardinals 69
Keilen Dykes DT Released 6-3 305 2 Cardinals 20
Alan Faneca G UFA 6-5 316 14 Cardinals 72
Ben Graham P UFA 6-5 236 7 Cardinals 66
Tim Hightower RB RFA 6-0 222 4 Cardinals 67
Kenny Iwebema DE Released 6-4 280 4 Cardinals 20
Brandon Keith OT RFA 6-5 335 4 Cardinals 64
Deuce Lutui G UFA 6-4 338 6 Cardinals 74
Reagan Maui'a FB UFA 6-0 260 4 Cardinals 51
Trumaine McBride CB UFA 5-9 185 5 Cardinals 49
Ben Patrick TE UFA 6-3 264 5 Cardinals 63
Bryan Robinson DT UFA 6-4 305 15 Cardinals 68
Lyle Sendlein C UFA 6-3 308 5 Cardinals 74

Stephen Spach TE UFA 6-4 260 6 Cardinals 61
Matt Ware S UFA 6-3 218 8 Cardinals 47
Gabe Watson DT UFA 6-4 338 6 Cardinals 57
Jason Wright RB UFA 5-10 212 8 Cardinals 53

kps0001

Reaction score
Do they have Kolb's? I know he wasn't free agent? maybe last years? I had him at 83, optimist

They have last years

Kevin Kolb Scouting Report - Scouts, Inc.
Grade: 65 | Key

Comment: With the departure of veteran quarterback Donovan McNabb, Kolb will have the stage all to himself in Philadelphia. Kolb has good size and arm strength with enough athleticism to make plays out of the pocket. He isn't a huge run threat but can avoid and slide to deliver effectively on the move. Kolb can make all the throws but can't power the ball into tight windows. He is best on short and intermediate throws and needs playing time to improve his timing and accuracy. Kolb has the tools to develop and has enough playmakers around him to make a statement in 2010.

kps0001

Reaction score
They had Derek Anderson at a 63 so.........

OP
OP
THESMEL

THESMEL

Reaction score
ouch

Hope I'm righter than them on Kolb! I was on DA, Hall and Skelton! I used the ESPN draft scale making the grades 10 points higher, but this makes more sense.

So 73 with upside is where I would have Kolb on this scale. 60 on DA preseason last year dropped to 50 last year. I like it, thank you a ton.

Even if I'm off but within the 10 range I'm happy, being a yahoo fan and all.
I guess insider may be better than a Cards jersey, until we are settled.

fantasy football evaluations are often more accurate, it has become a science, with averaging 10000 computer simulations and such.

They have last years

Kevin Kolb Scouting Report - Scouts, Inc.
Grade: 65 | Key

Comment: With the departure of veteran quarterback Donovan McNabb, Kolb will have the stage all to himself in Philadelphia. Kolb has good size and arm strength with enough athleticism to make plays out of the pocket. He isn't a huge run threat but can avoid and slide to deliver effectively on the move. Kolb can make all the throws but can't power the ball into tight windows. He is best on short and intermediate throws and needs playing time to improve his timing and accuracy. Kolb has the tools to develop and has enough playmakers around him to make a statement in 2010.

Last edited:
OP
OP
THESMEL

THESMEL

Reaction score
I have this Idea that money is more important than Talent in this not my grandfathers NFL.

So the highest paid player in the NFL is Peyton Manning, He should have the highest grade in the NFL.

A grade of 98 at the QB position is valued at 23.333 million a year in 2011

Each position is valued according to supply and demand at the position that fits the teams scheme.

It would be neat to see somebody with a bigger brain than mine make a formula or a chart to compare talent grade to compensation at positions.

how much is a star worth on scout.com? Ha Ha

It is sad that it is all about the money, but is true.