Grantland Acknowledges Patrick Peterson's Awesomeness

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I can't wait to see what this kid's like with a full year under his belt and full off-season under Horton.

dude's freaking electric. LOVE LOVE LOVE the young guns on D with Cambell, Washington, Acho and Peterson as the building blocks for the future.

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Everytime he lines up to return a punt I get so excited. It's like the day before Christmas.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Same here. I am always surprised when the other team kicks it TO him.

Yep, I still get nervous about injury but frankly I can't believe I was really mad that we were going to use him on punt returns last year, he won us 3-4 games by himself.

Special talent as the guy said future human, guys that big just aren't supposed to be that quick and athletic.

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yep, I still get nervous about injury but frankly I can't believe I was really mad that we were going to use him on punt returns last year, he won us 3-4 games by himself.

You'd probably bubble wrap your kids when they played any kind of sport.

You must be registered for see images attach

;)

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Still pissed about that Seattle game INT (2:14-2:22). AW stopping PP21 and telling him to down it just before the half. Are you kidding me? PP21 vs their team's offense? Let him run it back, AW !! :bang:

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I can't wait to see what this kid's like with a full year under his belt and full off-season under Horton.

dude's freaking electric. LOVE LOVE LOVE the young guns on D with Cambell, Washington, Acho and Peterson as the building blocks for the future.

Completely agree. Can't wait to see how he plays this season.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Really really excited about his continued development. As he got more used to NFL schemes and Horton's D he really came into his own as a corner during the final 5 or 6 games too.

I think by the end of next year, after he has ran a couple picks for TDs, he will be the kind of player who teams actively avoid throwing too.

Hopefully one of our poo poo platter of corners on the other side steps up!

Jay Cardinal

Die Hard Cardinals Fan
Reaction score
5 touchdowns from a defensive/special teams player is excellent. I can't remember a player with more in one year.

NashDishesDimes

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
5 touchdowns from a defensive/special teams player is excellent. I can't remember a player with more in one year.

Yea i know that tied hesters record but i remember Peterson coming uber close to breaking a 6th towards the end of the season that would have broken the record. I was so mad when he didnt because he wont get the chance again. Teams know now not to kick to him

InfiniteRed

Veteran
Reaction score
Yea i know that tied hesters record but i remember Peterson coming uber close to breaking a 6th towards the end of the season that would have broken the record. I was so mad when he didnt because he wont get the chance again. Teams know now not to kick to him
Yeah it was against Cleveland I think. Teams know not to kick to him but they will every so often, and you can't hide talent like that. Hester is still doing work, so Peterson will be able to as well.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You'd probably bubble wrap your kids when they played any kind of sport.

You must be registered for see images attach

;)

I think it's the whole Jason Sehorn thing you see a key guy get hurt returning a kick and you worry about it.

But it became obvious that PP is such a weapon it makes no sense to not use him.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
he's one of those rare guys who could probably be a pro bowler at WR, RB , S or CB. just a freak.

So glad he's a Cardinal, hope he continues to work hard the sky is the limit if he does.

TigToad

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
One thing I noticed watching this that impressed me is that even when he is making sick cuts during the returns, he still keeps the ball (mostly) well tucked into his body. Most guys arms fly out when they change directions, even if only for a second. Very impressive.

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
To this thread, Grantlands article, and every other thing written or said about PP:
:stick: :stick: :stick:

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05