Green's ALWAYS making a point

Redsz

We do this together
Reaction score
Wouldn't of helped much. No holes for him to run through.

az1965

Love Games!
Reaction score
conraddobler said:
That's over half the starting line, that's tough to fix in one year.
Big was the only OLman that did fine. The rest of them was a different story, or no story really...

NMCard

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Big did OK. He should be doing alot better for the pay he is getting. I think the cards need to get a real left tackle and put big back on the right side of the line. Try Ross at rt gaurd because he sure the hell can't play tackle worth a crap.

conraddobler

I want my 2$
Reaction score
NMCard said:
Big did OK. He should be doing alot better for the pay he is getting. I think the cards need to get a real left tackle and put big back on the right side of the line. Try Ross at rt gaurd because he sure the hell can't play tackle worth a crap.

Just for giggles this is what I came up with.

Ross to left guard, wells to the bench.

Big to RT

Step gets back and put in DG's "project" LT in.

One more showing like this and I think that's on the table.

Codeofhammurabi

Cards Fan Since 1971
Reaction score
red desert said:
Green is the most overrated coach in the annal of the NFL.

Green is the best coach we have had here since Jim Hanifan or Gene Stallings, and those guys had their share of trouble winning with this organization as well. I have faith in Green, and one loss this season is not going to change that. I may take as many as two more years to turn this thing around, but it won't happen if we change head coaches like they were dirty underwear.

azwulf

TD Cardinals
Reaction score
joeshmo said:
1. I think we need to move Ross to RG where he belongs and where he can use more of his strengths.

2. Let Brown mature as a OG and slid him over to LG next to Big.

3. Healthy Step/Leckey

4. Draft (plenty of really good ones in the draft this coming year) or sign a big mean RT in the offseason.

5. Sign a more experiance oline coach instead of the green Lindsay.

Starting lineup of - Davis, Brown, Step, Ross, Draftee/FA

I think thats the best we can hope for.

Even after this eye opener I think it is too early to write off the season. Even in the NFL there is a long way from PO to 1 pick overall.

I agree that our OL is the center of most (not all) problems on the offense. Unlike other areas where better preparation and game planning can do wonders (like ST),on the OL the personel has to get better.

Since it is unlikely that we get a significant signing during the season we can only hope that this young line matures and I think they will. With Step back, Brown getting more experience and possibly/hopefully one of the 'prospects' developing we could get better results from our OL even in this season.

Will it be enough for the PO's ?? Well, there I'm with you hoping for next year ;).

Garthshort

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Ol

At some point the team should switch positions with Wells and Davis. It will be less confusing if they stay on the left side. The next draft is supposed to be deep in OT's and we should draft one for the LT spot. And if Ross doesn't improve we need to get a RT, either in FA or the Draft. I would think that Davis, Step and Brown should be a pretty good middle of the o-line.

chickenhead

Reaction score
I don't have any regrets with regard to the Henry non-trade. JJ and Shipp had nowhere to go. I think Henry would have had the same result.However, what was everyone's opinion of their blocking and blitz pickups?

duckfallas

All Star
Reaction score
Snake said:
The sad thing is Buddy and Bugel were some of the BETTER coaches this squad's had.

Ryan was a great defensive coordinator, a horrible head coach, and an even worse GM. Now Bugel was a pretty good coach, but not as good as Stallings.

I think Green is a good coach and could be better than all of them, but his propensity to start rookies when they are not ready has hurt his teams. Maybe it will pay off in the seasons ahead but it is painful to watch now.

coyotecard

Reaction score
Deja Vu all over again

I just popped in to get a take on the NEW Cardinals and it sure looks like
nothing has changed since I left in 2001----same old complaints about OL RB and QB. Oh, and the coach should be fried in lard.
I used to think it was my bad karma since right after I moved back to
MpLS the Vikes went in the sewer from whence they still flounder. Now I see the Vikes still stench ridden with the Cardinals not far behind.
The Vikes changed ownership and I really believe that Wilf will not let this
debacle go on. I wish I could say the same about the Cards ownership but not even a new stadium can help this franchise. I'm thinking 4-12 for both teams. Serves me right I guess. I wish I knew who I pissed off years ago
that stops be from cheering for a winning team.

Pdonaldo