Greetings Suns Fans-I look forward to a spirited competition.

ninous26

Registered
Reaction score
Well, if ginobili breaks his nose because of a flop then its not our fault.. Don't come by calling us dirty.

OP
OP
T

The Man In Black

Registered
Reaction score
I ain't happy with the end result but I'm encouraged with the way the Silver & Black played.

I'm fairly certain that Nash won't average 30 points per for the series. And if the Spurs can let Amar'e dominate the balls and the shots and average the most points for the Suns and take the most shots, then they're in this. Actually, with today's loss, they proved that they can play an uptempo game and the small ball Pop employed for a but erased double-digit deficits. If the Spurs can find a 3 point shooter other than Ginobili, that bodes well for my team.

Good win by the Suns. Can they hold home court? Spurs want that split, and if they fix a couple of things, they can get it.

OP
OP
T

The Man In Black

Registered
Reaction score
Gotta give props to Dragic. That Slovenian is a really good backup. 1 of 2 Slovenians who are good point guards. The other is Beno Udrih of Sacramento Kings.

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
I'm fairly certain that Nash won't average 30 points per for the series.

If the Spurs open every game by letting Nash waltz to the basket uncontested over and over, of course he will. The Spurs have no one to blame but themselves for Nash's big night.

jagu

#13 - Legendary
Reaction score
I ain't happy with the end result but I'm encouraged with the way the Silver & Black played.

I'm fairly certain that Nash won't average 30 points per for the series. And if the Spurs can let Amar'e dominate the balls and the shots and average the most points for the Suns and take the most shots, then they're in this. Actually, with today's loss, they proved that they can play an uptempo game and the small ball Pop employed for a but erased double-digit deficits. If the Spurs can find a 3 point shooter other than Ginobili, that bodes well for my team.

Good win by the Suns. Can they hold home court? Spurs want that split, and if they fix a couple of things, they can get it.

I'm sure the Spurs will fix some things, Gentry has shown he will as well. There's one thing you can't fix, its J-Rich j-ing on your faces :)

OP
OP
T

The Man In Black

Registered
Reaction score
We'll have to see if JRich can continue that streak. It's a hot one for sure, but we know that they have to end sometimes.

If the Spurs open every game by letting Nash waltz to the basket uncontested over and over, of course he will. The Spurs have no one to blame but themselves for Nash's big night.

So you're saying that the Spurs can fix their errors and do a much better job in game 2. I agree.

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
So you're saying that the Spurs can fix their errors and do a much better job in game 2. I agree.

No, I'm saying that the Suns are one of the most potent offenses in the history of the league, and the Spurs can't stop everything. Phoenix will average 100+ for the series; you can be sure of that. The issue is still how well the Suns are going to defend.

cly2tw

Reaction score
Suns offense tonight was a little atypical in that Nash focused on scoring because Spurs let him. In fact, the Nash-Amare 2-man game was quite bad tonight. For some reason Nash was over hesitant to deliver a pass at an early moment.

In fact, Spurs came back with fastbreaks that surprised Suns, after bad offensive possessions. Otherwise, Parker got hot and got help from refs late in the game. Amare and JRich's fouls on him was very iffy. Anyway, this will be a fun series with a lot of uncertainties. Go Suns!

PoolBoy

BIRDGANG
Reaction score
i hate everything about the spurs, so I hate you. nothing personal. well....

SunsTzu

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
So the line in the sand is 100. If the Suns don't score 100, you think they can win?

Suns have scored over 100ppg against the Spurs in each of the last 3 series. This Suns offense is better than any the Spurs faced in those 3 series and the Spurs defense is weaker. The Spurs simply will not hold the Suns under 100ppg for the series.

The issue as has been in the past is the Suns inability to get stops in crunch time and get rebounds. If the Suns out rebound the Spurs like the did in game 1 I think they will win the series. I'm just not sure the Suns can do that if Lopez doesn't return.

OP
OP
T

The Man In Black

Registered
Reaction score
Hey, I think Dragic with his left hand loop layup basically stuck a fork in George Hill for the evening. Besides Nashy's amazing start, that layup made George Hill shrink.
Now that I've gone over per minute stats though, the guy off the bench that played best was Amundson. So my shout-out moves from Dragic to Amundson.

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
So the line in the sand is 100. If the Suns don't score 100, you think they can win?

It will be more difficult. Since I'm not expecting a sweep, the Suns will experience some losses this series. Most likely, those will be games in which they don't score well.

chickenhead

Reaction score
Both teams have reasons to be encouraged after last night's game. The Spurs showed they won't be blown out on the road (but then, who didn't think that was wishful thinking anyway), and the Suns showed they could get the game back after losing their second half lead.

Really looking forward to Wednesday. I was always a D'Antoni fan but I think Genrty knows he needs to make adjustments even after a win. Really interesting change in the rivalry.

jagu

#13 - Legendary
Reaction score
I'm really looking forward to seeing what Gentry's defensive change will be to stop Parker like he designed for Miller.

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
I'm really looking forward to seeing what Gentry's defensive change will be to stop Parker like he designed for Miller.

Gonna have to be a lot less of Nash, and more of a rotation of Dragic, Duds and maybe even Hill if/when Ginobli isn't in the game...

jagu

#13 - Legendary
Reaction score
The Suns need to get into good position to draw the charge when Parker makes his drive so I think Hill would be a better secondary defender on Parker's drives. I know this may sound psycho but how about Nash on Jefferson? Jrich and Hill can guard Ginobili and Parker and let Nash guard Jefferson who is much less lethal than the other two guys. Of course the team has to step up and help for rebounds in this situation.

SirStefan32

Krycek, Alex Krycek
Reaction score
The Suns need to get into good position to draw the charge when Parker makes his drive so I think Hill would be a better secondary defender on Parker's drives. I know this may sound psycho but how about Nash on Jefferson? Jrich and Hill can guard Ginobili and Parker and let Nash guard Jefferson who is much less lethal than the other two guys. Of course the team has to step up and help for rebounds in this situation.

Jefferson would probably post Nash up on every possession.

OP
OP
T

The Man In Black

Registered
Reaction score
If you do that, don't you think Pop will make the adjustment and post up RJ against Nash?
And it also depends on who the other 4 players are for each team. For the Spurs, if Ginobili is in, he'll choose that matchup and move the ball to exploit it. If Parker is in, once he's past either Hill or JRich, then it's either a rotating big who has to close or Nash.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05