Grizzlies Sign Josh Smith To Offer Sheet

mojorizen7

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
take a look at december through febuary where he seemed to get a lot of minutes in a lot of games. during that time, he never got more than 20 points even though he was given 20+ minutes most games (as much as 44 minutes in one game).
:lol:Dude,scoring alone does not make a player better than the next guy.
Come on....your more intelligent than that....i've read your posts.
He also had nights of
18/6/9 + a steal
11/4/11
17/8/6 + a steal + a block
12/6/7
15/5/6 + a steal
Those are nice all-around numbers on nights where Nellie gave him minutes.
Barbs had some nice all-around games too but usually you're gonna get a ton of points,a steal, a few assists,a couple rebounds,no defense and a bunch of turnovers.
I would like to add that i would like to believe that with some coaching and hard work that Barbs can BECOME a far better player than Barnes.

arwillan

The King
Reaction score
:lol:Dude,scoring alone does not make a player better than the next guy.
Come on....your more intelligent than that....i've read your posts.
He also had nights of
18/6/9 + a steal
11/4/11
17/8/6 + a steal + a block
12/6/7
15/5/6 + a steal
Those are nice all-around numbers on nights where Nellie gave him minutes.
Barbs had some nice all-around games too but usually you're gonna get a ton of points,a steal, a few assists,a couple rebounds,no defense and a bunch of turnovers.
I would like to add that i would like to believe that with some coaching and hard work that Barbs can BECOME a far better player than Barnes.

oh i know barnes did a lot more during those games, i was just comparing purely their offensive games. i admitted that barbs is a one dimensional guy, i just think he's far better than barnes in that department. what i didn't realize is that barnes flirted with a triple double in a couple of those games, very nice. those are diaw (when he's playing well) type of numbers. let's hope we can get the guy some minutes. i think you're right, barnes will definitely be shown for what he can do this year. and people will complain all year long about what barbosa can't do. such is the way of the world.

like you said, good stuff. apparently we hold different values for players. it appears that i appreciate a player's ability to excel in one area while you are more focused on the number of areas in which they can contribute. hence why i like barbs, and you like barnes :p

sunsallday

Registered
Reaction score
Wait. How the hell did this thread go from Josh Smith and Hawks to Joe Joe Johnson, Raja Bell, Amare Stoudemire, Leandro Barbosa, Grant Hill, and Matt Barnes? Please people, stop the derailing.:offtopic:

YouJustGotSUNSD

Custom User Title!
Reaction score
our biggest weakness is definitely not at the two. we have a great defender and shooter in raja and a terrific scorer in barbosa. our bigger weakness is at the 3 imo. we have hill who is great when healthy, but that isn't all that often it seems. then we have a decent backup in barns, but not great.
Seems he played brilliantly the entire regular season and an inept coach played him too hard. And pulling a groin occurs as often as you stub your toe.

Sorry, very perturbed at the surplus of Hill doubters out there.

YouJustGotSUNSD

Custom User Title!
Reaction score

CardinalsFan11

Registered
Reaction score
Seems he played brilliantly the entire regular season and an inept coach played him too hard. And pulling a groin occurs as often as you stub your toe.

Sorry, very perturbed at the surplus of Hill doubters out there.

Agreed. No way Hill should have been playing 34+ minutes a game for 70+ games.