Took u long enough! :mulli:

OP
OP
D-Dogg

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ef you guys. I was out with vendors having dinner and drinks. Guy I was with was a vikings fan. I told him that I hoped we got PP7 and grabbed Ponder or Kaep in round 2. He said he hoped they grabbed Gabbert if he fell which he conceded was pipe, or Prince which he also said was probably not gonna happen.

Cam goes first and we both cheer...that opens the door for the Cards and PP7, IMO.

PP7 goes to AZ and we share a toast because I don't want Gabbert and he does.. The browns trade, and he smiles. Then Tennessee does the unthinkable with Jake Locker and my friend's eyes blow up..."so you're saying there's a chance!" Then Jacksonville gets gabbert on the horn in the trade. He's pissed.

So it comes to the Vikes pick and Prince is there and he's sure that will be it...and they reach like hell for Ponder.

We give him hell all night at dinner. "Ponder me this, what could they have gotten in a trade down and still got him at twenty-x?"

We started the night talking about PP7 and Ponder, and both of them were drafted, and I was ecstatic and drank a lot of kiltlifters.

So happy. Again, ef you guys. I love you all. Ef you.

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Texted "Peterson !!!!!!!! :) " to a ton of peeps right when it happened.

It's the pick I hoped they would make.

:newcards:

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
How could any Cardinal fan not be happy about this pick? Have the Cards ever drafted a player who was considered the best player in that year's draft?

Dan Williams and now PP7. Maybe the Cards can build a Defense after all.

lobo

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
How could any Cardinal fan not be happy about this pick? Have the Cards ever drafted a player who was considered the best player in that year's draft?

Agree, at LEAST we have a coach wih a pedigree to guide them and call a decent game

Pariah

H.S.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You know, if we can find someone to play SILB (or if Hayes makes a miraculous recovery) and O'Brien keeps developing, this could be a really special defense.

But right now the strong side of the LB corps worries the hell out of me...and that's a big worry in a 3-4.