Harrington and Young comments

B-Dogg

Registered
Reaction score
Bobby (Irvine, CA): Two questions: First is Ty law going to Seattle? And second, why wouldnâ??t Arizona try to pick up Joey Harrington?

Jeremy Green: (4:04 PM ET ) Yes, I believe Law will end up in Seattle. He is looking for a situation where he can compete for a ring and a team that really needs his services - Seattle fits that bill. As for Arizona and Harrington. I know they have some interest, but they also do not want to committ to a Qb prior to the draft, because they would take Young if he fell and they also are enamored with Cutler.

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score
The Cards feel they can contend now and want a veteran who is comfortable as a backup. They want him to help groom the next young QB in the system. Harrington is young enough that he still wants to be the starter and doesn't know enough to be a good mentor.

OP
OP
B

B-Dogg

Registered
Reaction score
from the same chat with Jeremy Green...

joe, nyc: i think your dad would be crazy to take cutler..he has jp losman written all over him...winston justice is his pick! tell me i'm wrong!

Jeremy Green: (4:44 PM ET ) I actually think they should go defesne with Ernie Sims. They have a ton of offensive fire power right now. They would be scary defensively with the way Pendergast likes to blitz with Dansby and Sims running all over the field.

seesred

Reaction score
If miss out on a top draft QB, I would love to see Harrington behind Warner. After the first round if we don't get Cutler or Young look for movement from the Cards regarding a 3rd round or second day pick for Harrington or maybe a surprise.

GBR
In Green we trust

joeshmo

Kangol Hat Aficionado
Reaction score
I have misgivings with both Young and Cutler. Some more then the other. There are also some players I would rather select if they are still there at 10. But if we pick either QB I will be very much fine with either one. I feel this way becuase I dont think the Front Office or Green feel pressured to take a QB at all, so if they do pick one it will be on the players own merits not because they need to or feel they have to. So I would be cool with either one.

john h

LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
B-Dogg said:
Bobby (Irvine, CA): Two questions: First is Ty law going to Seattle? And second, why wouldnâ??t Arizona try to pick up Joey Harrington?

Jeremy Green: (4:04 PM ET ) Yes, I believe Law will end up in Seattle. He is looking for a situation where he can compete for a ring and a team that really needs his services - Seattle fits that bill. As for Arizona and Harrington. I know they have some interest, but they also do not want to committ to a Qb prior to the draft, because they would take Young if he fell and they also are enamored with Cutler.

Problem with this thinking is that no QB we can draft can replace one of the more experienced QB's we can sign, if we are looking to cover our butts for this year. If we are looking past this year then draft a QB if one falls to us at #10. We may not get another chance for a decade and continue down the path of other peoples QB's for ever and ever unless we get lucky. Our luck is been much like our record over many years.

Totally_Red

Air Raid Warning!
Reaction score
joeshmo said:
I have misgivings with both Young and Cutler. Some more then the other. There are also some players I would rather select if they are still there at 10. But if we pick either QB I will be very much fine with either one. I feel this way becuase I dont think the Front Office or Green feel pressured to take a QB at all, so if they do pick one it will be on the players own merits not because they need to or feel they have to. So I would be cool with either one.

That pretty much sums up my feelings on the matter. There are question marks with both Young and Cutler, so picking either brings some risk. OTOH, the true blue-chippers may be gone by pick #10, meaning guys like A.J. Hawk, Michael Huff, and Vernon Davis. It may come down to a pick between Ernie Sims or one of the QBs. I'd prefer Sims, but I could understand Denny going with the QBOTF.

BTW, Sports Center was reporting tonight that Dallas is lusting after Michael Huff, apparently a local guy, and is bringing him in on Monday for a look-see. Since they pick 18th, they'd obviously have to trade up. If Detriot picks Winston Justice, and Buffalo selects a DT, allowing Huff to fall to us, I wonder If Denny entertains a trade down?

JPlay

JPlay
Reaction score
I'm leary about Cutler. He seems like another Mel Kiper hyped player who nobody had ever heard of before the draft. His win loss record is awful, and he looked terrible at the senior bowl. I constantly saw him overthrowing recievers and making bad decisions. He has a cannon for an arm, but I'd rather have a smart QB with an average arm, than a gunslinger who's not a good decision maker. Basically, he scares the hell out of me.

Pariah

H.S.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
JPlay said:
... nobody had ever heard of before the draft...
Actually, he was SEC player of the year, I think. So, to say no one ever heard of him really means "JPlay never heard of him."

NEZCardsfan

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Pariah said:
Actually, he was SEC player of the year, I think. So, to say no one ever heard of him really means "JPlay never heard of him."

You might want to add that he was PreSeason All SEC QB. College Football fan or not, when there is a senior, preseason All SEC QB, take notice.

After his season was over, I thought he'd make a great 2nd round pick. He gambles a little too much for me, and probably always will. Also, stays in the pocket and takes a bunch of big hits. Don't know how that will play out in the NFL.

It really depends on what Defensive players are still left on the board at #10.....like if some reason AJ Hawk falls, I'd snatch Hawk. But, at some point we have to address a long term answer at QB.

If we don't take a QB early....I hope we take one late....and I think Olson out of UCLA would be a guy to gamble on then.

GreenCard

Reaction score
I have a strong feeling it's Paul Pinegar from Fresno State in the 4th or 5th.

overseascardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
seesred said:
If miss out on a top draft QB, I would love to see Harrington behind Warner. After the first round if we don't get Cutler or Young look for movement from the Cards regarding a 3rd round or second day pick for Harrington or maybe a surprise.

GBR
In Green we trust

What about trading for Andrew Walter? With the Raider's signing Brooks and maybe drafting a QB what does that say about Andrew's future in the black and silver? Use a 4th rounder on the guy and he should put some fans in the seats.

NEZCardsfan

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
justAndy said:
So - there's going to be more anger than happiness at the Cardinals draft party when they make their 1st pick...

Usually is.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
justAndy said:
So - there's going to be more anger than happiness at the Cardinals draft party when they make their 1st pick...

Meh, not necessarily. If Cutler's there I'd like to take him, sure, but I'd be happy with other guys too. Now, if Cutler's there and we reach for Sims, or we reach for another guy that IMO might be a reach, then yes, I'd be upset. If we get someone like Davis, Huff, or another slider, then it would be difficult to be upset.

Arizona's Finest

Your My Favorite Mistake
Reaction score
JPlay said:
I'm leary about Cutler. He seems like another Mel Kiper hyped player who nobody had ever heard of before the draft. His win loss record is awful, and he looked terrible at the senior bowl. I constantly saw him overthrowing recievers and making bad decisions. He has a cannon for an arm, but I'd rather have a smart QB with an average arm, than a gunslinger who's not a good decision maker. Basically, he scares the hell out of me.

Thats some misonformation you got there bud. Kiper is on record as saying her feels Cutler is the most overrated player in the draft an only has him high in his mock becasue he realizes the swell of attention the guy started to get after the season. His rise has become because of the adulation from pro scouts and football guys like Chris Mortensen.

His brains and decision making is actually another high mark as Vanderbilt is a tough acadmic school and the accomplished athletes in the SEC make it tough for a dumb QB to be productive. He is brash and cocky too, but he comes across well in interviews.

I like him and more and more he's my pick for us at ten if the board falls the way i think it will. I dont see Hawk, Bush, Justice, Ferguson, Lienert, Young, Williams, Huff being available and hes my pick at that point.

Reaction score
Totally_Red said:
BTW, Sports Center was reporting tonight that Dallas is lusting after Michael Huff, apparently a local guy, and is bringing him in on Monday for a look-see. Since they pick 18th, they'd obviously have to trade up. If Detriot picks Winston Justice, and Buffalo selects a DT, allowing Huff to fall to us, I wonder If Denny entertains a trade down?
IF this scenario were to happen I would prefer the Cardinals stay put and simply take Huff #10.

Reaction score
overseascardfan said:
What about trading for Andrew Walter? With the Raider's signing Brooks and maybe drafting a QB what does that say about Andrew's future in the black and silver? Use a 4th rounder on the guy and he should put some fans in the seats.
:roll: Or maybe we could trade with Denver for Jake Plummer...

:bang:

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Broncosfan