Harry, How Did We Do?

Longcolts

Registered
Reaction score
lol, that logic is awful. Yes, SF was the best team out of our division last season. But I seem to recall our D whooping that ass in the 2nd meeting

I don't. The A+ for Lindley makes no sense at all

I was speaking of the overall grade. Evidently the A+ grade makes sense to someone. Even if it's not me.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
You are right it was Lombardi who came up with those grades. Along with what you said he expected us to draft tougher guys to counter act the 49ers toughness. Basically he wanted us to reach for an OL no matter what and draft as if were are playing the 49ers 16 times a year.

That is why he down graded our draft.

Yeah, I laugh at stuff like this. We beat San Fran with John Skelton at QB last year. I agree the Cardinals need to be ready for the added physicality of the division, but Lombardi fails to consider the 49ers signed Mario Manningham, Randy Moss, and the drafted AJ Jenkins in round 1. They didn't do this to run the ball more.

San Fran will line up in more spread formations this year which is why they added so many WRs and a space running back in LaMichael James. Spread the field, and get your running backs in space. If teams move S's up, look for the 49ers to take shots deep.

cardpa

Have a Nice Day!
Reaction score
Yeah, I laugh at stuff like this. We beat San Fran with John Skelton at QB last year. I agree the Cardinals need to be ready for the added physicality of the division, but Lombardi fails to consider the 49ers signed Mario Manningham, Randy Moss, and the drafted AJ Jenkins in round 1. They didn't do this to run the ball more.

San Fran will line up in more spread formations this year which is why they added so many WRs and a space running back in LaMichael James. Spread the field, and get your running backs in space. If teams move S's up, look for the 49ers to take shots deep.

What your saying makes a lot of sense Chopper. They didn't go out and get all these WRs just so they can continue to ram Gore down other teams throats. Harbaugh is looking to open up the offense and throw the ball more. Did Smith have any 300 yd games last year?

Snakester

Draft Man
Reaction score
I give our draft a solid B. To me we added two starters this year in Floyd and Massie. I have not watched any tape on the dbs so I don't know how good they are. If Fleming becomes our number two cb then I give us an A.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't. The A+ for Lindley makes no sense at all

I personally think that the Lindley grade should have been a D+. This guy is Skelton all over again. A horribly inaccurate QB with poor footwork. If they wanted a project QB, they should have went for one that was different from the project they already have in Skelton.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I give our draft a solid B. To me we added two starters this year in Floyd and Massie. I have not watched any tape on the dbs so I don't know how good they are. If Fleming becomes our number two cb then I give us an A.

+1

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05