Harry Potter: Order of the Phoenix (spoilers possible)

Mike Olbinski

Formerly Chandler Mike
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Started reading the Harry Potter books about 3 months ago, and I love them! Zipped through the first four quickly, and just started on Order of the Phoenix when I left for Hawaii this last trip.

(spoilers possible)

I'm about halfway through and I just have to say, so far, this is just one of the best ones I've read so far. So much going on, and Harry teaching spells against Dark Arts is just awesome.

I'm loving them, and it's going to be a pain waiting for Book 6.

Mike

Pariah

H.S.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I just started reading them, too. I'm through the first 2 and just began the third (Prisoner of Azkaban). They're just okay, IMO. But, I can see why kids flip over them.

OP
OP
Mike Olbinski

Mike Olbinski

Formerly Chandler Mike
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Pariah
I just started reading them, too. I'm through the first 2 and just began the third (Prisoner of Azkaban). They're just okay, IMO. But, I can see why kids flip over them.

Well, the first two aren't very deep, but from Book 3 on, they get really good, darker, and there is an underlying plot that starts to be formed and told.

Mike

dyle_ph1

Registered
Reaction score
I love these books too! ALthough I'll have to say, Order of Phoenix was a little disappointing for me. It's still a very good book but I guess the long wait spoiled it for me. I can't really pinpoint why I was a little disappointed. I guess Harry came off very whiny in this book IMO but that's just me :)

this won't stop me from getting the next one though :D

OP
OP
Mike Olbinski

Mike Olbinski

Formerly Chandler Mike
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by dyle_ph1
I love these books too! ALthough I'll have to say, Order of Phoenix was a little disappointing for me. It's still a very good book but I guess the long wait spoiled it for me. I can't really pinpoint why I was a little disappointed. I guess Harry came off very whiny in this book IMO but that's just me :)

this won't stop me from getting the next one though :D

Yeah, Harry annoyed me a lot, never listening to what people were telling him to do...you'd think he'd be smarter than that by now.

Mike

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maksince98