Hasson Reddick

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
We have plenty of money to make this happen it would depend on what the Jets want.
You say this but what if Reddick is asking for a 4 year contract mostly guarenteed?

We have a lot of 1st and 2nd year players to resign by year 3 and 4 of that contract - Do you really want to be paying a 33 year old Reddick 20 million dollars and not have the ability to resign a couple of our young players.

All I am saying is you need to be damn sure you can potentially win the title before you make this move because it will have negative future impact.

cardsfanmd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
That would be a terrible strategy, considering he could help us be better and make the playoffs more of a possibility. But, yes, this feels like a passive Monti strategy.
I was thinking this too. If the point of bringing in a player is that you have a need for him, why would you wait until after the portion of the regular season where you would need him the most?

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
You say this but what if Reddick is asking for a 4 year contract mostly guarenteed?

We have a lot of 1st and 2nd year players to resign by year 3 and 4 of that contract - Do you really want to be paying a 33 year old Reddick 20 million dollars and not have the ability to resign a couple of our young players.

All I am saying is you need to be damn sure you can potentially win the title before you make this move because it will have negative future impact.

Are you saying it’s a cap issue or an owner issue? Cap wise a Reddick extension doesn’t affect important players needing deals in 2-3 years. I’d be shocked if he’s holding out over a totally unreasonable contract.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
Are you saying it’s a cap issue or an owner issue? Cap wise a Reddick extension doesn’t affect important players needing deals in 2-3 years. I’d be shocked if he’s holding out over a totally unreasonable contract.
It's his last big contract. With what guys have been getting I wouldn't be surprised if Reddick agent opened negotiations at 3yrs 90mil.
But I think 3yrs/78mil would lock him up with around 45mil guaranteed...

For our purposes...maybe add two void years...front load some salary to take most of the hit now. Like 9m bonus 27m salary in the first year...which of course would be reduced because of missed games... then salaries of 12m in years 2 and 3 with 21m cap hit each year...then 2 years of 9m dead money

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
It's his last big contract. With what guys have been getting I wouldn't be surprised if Reddick agent opened negotiations at 3yrs 90mil.

For our purposes...maybe add two void years...front load some salary to take most of the hit now. Like 9m bonus 27m salary in the first year...which of course would be reduced because of missed games... then salaries of 12m in years 2 and 3 with 21m cap hit each year...then 2 years of 9m dead money

I think 3/78 would’ve been a reasonable deal in the offseason but we’d only be getting him in prime playing shape for 3/4 of the season at this point. I’m sure something could be worked out where they could cut him loose before the 2026 season without much dead cap damage. Like others have said it’s up to the Jets.

CardNots

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score

It’s the draft pick. Not thinking as much about the salary implications.

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
It’s the draft pick. Not thinking as much about the salary implications.
The draft pick shouldn’t be an issue. He’s likely going for a 4th at best.
4th rounders are likely to have minimal impact at all.

If the Jets want more than that, hang up the phone. Especially when we’re into the season.