Hawks are great. And Horford should have been ours.

Muggum

Registered
Reaction score
I'm about to scream. Horford just busted off a 22-12 and 4 block performance for Atlanta. He should be ours.

They're 5-1 in preseason, clearly making the playoffs. Instead of a top 4 pick in the strongest draft ever, we're going to be picking 19th in the weakest. Horford SHOULD BE OURS.

Excuse me while I go kill a drifter.

jbeecham

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
It's pre-season so I'm not too worried yet. Most teams have their starters playing limited minutes. The Hawks have a lot of young talent, but I'll wait and see how they react under the pressure of real NBA games. I still would've loved having Horford on this team......Damn David Stern and his lottery system.

PetryJr

Registered
Reaction score
I'm about to scream. Horford just busted off a 22-12 and 4 block performance for Atlanta. He should be ours.

They're 5-1 in preseason, clearly making the playoffs. Instead of a top 4 pick in the strongest draft ever, we're going to be picking 19th in the weakest. Horford SHOULD BE OURS.

They started the season 4-1 last year, and if I'm not mistaken, you created a similar thread last year saying they were definitely going to make the playoffs.

It's preseason. Let's wait until the season actually starts before making these kinds of assumptions.

nashman

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
No Kidding its freaking preseason! Someone comes out evey year and say the Hawks are gonna be GOOOD this year....and what happens? If we traded the pick we all know what would happen...they end up with the 1st pick in the draft.

Delmon Young

Rookie
Reaction score
Preseason or not, Horford is a heck of a talent. Atlanta finally picked the right forward.

Griffin

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I do expect the Hawks to make the playoffs. Not because they are that good, but because we are that unlucky.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I really wanted Horford with that pick too.

mribnik

Reaction score

They're 5-1 in preseason, clearly making the playoffs.
Instead of a top 4 pick in the strongest draft ever, we're going to be picking 19th in the weakest. Horford SHOULD BE OURS.

First of all, get over it. Second of all, LMAO.

Here are a few teams' preseason records last year.

Orlando 6-2
New York 4-2
Atlanta 5-3
Minnesota 5-3
Cippers 4-2
Sacramento 5-3
Memphis 4-4

San Antonio 2-3
Cleveland 1-6
Miami 2-5
Dallas 3-5
Phoenix 2-4

You know who is leading the preseason in scoring this year at 27 ppg? Bostjan Nachbar.

Ballamania

Registered
Reaction score
but at some damn point they WILL be good and wouldnt you know it, we have an unprotected pick by them. smells like this would be the year they're good. they wont suck forever.

Mike Olbinski

Formerly Chandler Mike
Supporting Member
Reaction score

:biglaugh:

Really man...gotta calm down a bit :) It's preseason :)

devilalum

Heavily Redacted
Reaction score
If we had got Atlanta's pick Horford would have been off the board anyway.

Its called reality, look into it.

fordronken

Reaction score

That puts them in the playoffs?

Here are the 8 teams that made the playoffs last year, plus the Celtics.

1. Cleveland
2. Chicago
3. Boston
4. New Jersey
5. Toronto
6. Detroit
7. Orlando
8. Miami
9. Washington

Has Atlanta really leaped over any of these teams? By my account, Chicago, (obviously Boston) Toronto, Detroit and Orlando are going to be better than they were last season. Who could fall off? Washington-- but I think that Arenas in a contract year is not something you want to mess with. Miami? It would take a lot of injuries to Shaq and Wade. New Jersey? Is Jason Kidd really going to miss the playoffs in the east? I say no.

Also, Milwaukee and Charlotte could both make cases to be better than the Hawks next season.

The Hawks are better, but it may not matter. I don't see them making the playoffs unless they are significantly better. And Horford won't put up those numbers during the regular season.

azirish

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
It was all but impossible for the Suns to get Horford. Once it was clear that Wright was going to slip, there was no chance Horford would drop below 3.

As for the Hawks chances, I'd say a lot will depend on Law. Horford is better at PF/C than their other guys, but their real weakness is at PG and to a lesser extend SF. That along with their idiot coach is the main thing I see holding them back.

AtlHawksFan

Rookie
Reaction score
That puts them in the playoffs?

Here are the 8 teams that made the playoffs last year, plus the Celtics.

1. Cleveland
2. Chicago
3. Boston
4. New Jersey
5. Toronto
6. Detroit
7. Orlando
8. Miami
9. Washington

Has Atlanta really leaped over any of these teams? By my account, Chicago, (obviously Boston) Toronto, Detroit and Orlando are going to be better than they were last season. Who could fall off? Washington-- but I think that Arenas in a contract year is not something you want to mess with. Miami? It would take a lot of injuries to Shaq and Wade. New Jersey? Is Jason Kidd really going to miss the playoffs in the east? I say no.

Also, Milwaukee and Charlotte could both make cases to be better than the Hawks next season.

The Hawks are better, but it may not matter. I don't see them making the playoffs unless they are significantly better. And Horford won't put up those numbers during the regular season.

IMHO NJ, Toronto, Orlando and Washington aren't locks to make the playoffs. I think Miami will struggle even with a healthy Shaq(doubt if he stays healthy for 82).

Chicago, Detroit, Boston and maybe Cleveland are definite playoff teams - even though I'm not quite ready to crown Boston as the EC champs. I think Detroit will surprise everyone as they've got some young talent that may energize the "old guard". Cleveland? Can LeBron carry them again?

Milwaukee and Charlotte better than Atlanta? Pass the pipe:)

Atlanta will be much better than people think, and no, I'm not drunk on Hawks Kool-Aid ,but after spending 3 years of watching the young guys mature and seeing what Horford and Law bring to the table...gives me a good feeling about how good this team can be...

Horford IS a beast as he punked Okeafor today and yes, you can say it was pre-season, but what vet will let a rookie dominate him in any game??

Go Cards...

fordronken

Reaction score
IMHO NJ, Toronto, Orlando and Washington aren't locks to make the playoffs. I think Miami will struggle even with a healthy Shaq(doubt if he stays healthy for 82).

Chicago, Detroit, Boston and maybe Cleveland are definite playoff teams - even though I'm not quite ready to crown Boston as the EC champs. I think Detroit will surprise everyone as they've got some young talent that may energize the "old guard". Cleveland? Can LeBron carry them again?

Milwaukee and Charlotte better than Atlanta? Pass the pipe:)

Atlanta will be much better than people think, and no, I'm not drunk on Hawks Kool-Aid ,but after spending 3 years of watching the young guys mature and seeing what Horford and Law bring to the table...gives me a good feeling about how good this team can be...

Horford IS a beast as he punked Okeafor today and yes, you can say it was pre-season, but what vet will let a rookie dominate him in any game??

Go Cards...

Felton is going to be better, as will Okafor. They'll have Jason Richardson, Gerald Wallace, etc. That could be a potent team.

As for Milwaukee, they were crushed by injuries last year. Plus Bogut and Villanueva will improve. If their starting five stay healthy, they could surprise a lot of teams.

I can't imagine a team in the east with Shaq and Wade missing the playoffs. Last year they missed a ton of games and still snuck in.

As for Orlando, Howard is going to be a beast this season. Add in an improved Jameer Nelson, the outside shooting of Rashard Lewis and SVG on the bench, and that's a playoff team.

The Hawks could make it, but if I had to bet my bank accout on it, I'd wager no.

Goldfield

Formally known as BEERZ
Reaction score
If we had the 5th pick I think we would of ended up with Garnett for Marion, Barbs & the 5th pick.

but yes we got the short end of the luck stick on that draft. too bad.

jandaman

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Horford is a stud as Most know by now..

But pre-season... heck even Washington for Spurs, who?... thats right.. almost triple double.

Won't stop Horford getting about 12ppg/7rpg/1.2bpg in the season... if he plays over 25mpg.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05