Hawks at Suns 7PM FSN AZ

Griffin

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
This is going to be a weird game statistically. Yes, the Hawks got 12 offensive rebounds in the 1st quarter, but those mostly came on 2 or 3 possessions. No team should give up seven offensive rebounds on one possession, but then again, no team should need seven attempts on one possession to put the ball in the hoop. The Hawks are shooting only 21% from the field.

cly2tw

Reaction score
Barbosa! It's so frustrating to watch his passes! How many turnovers already?!

And is this Amare's way to tell the Hawks "you should have traded for me in the summer when you had a chance, in the KG deal"? LOL

Last edited:

Ciani

Registered
Reaction score
That's very, very good D by the Suns so far. The Hawks often forced to take bad jump shots, while Amare and Diaw are playing excellent defense on Horford and Josh Smith respectively.

Impressive overall performance by the Suns, maybe the best of the season.

Chris_Sanders

Not Always The Best Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Amare is playing the best game I have ever seen from him. Domination on both ends.

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Oh wow amare with a nice jumper with 3 sec left on the clock looks like his old self :)

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Great 1st half by the suns on defense and offense, and Amare and Diaw are playing amazing this game great to see Diaw do what he is doing so far :). Keep it up in the 2nd half GO SUNS

Griffin

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Amare & Diaw: 15/18 for 34 points at half time. Hill, however, is cold. I hope he will shake out of it in the second half.

cly2tw

Reaction score
The offensive reb. then passing to Marion for the dunk was just awesome.

cly2tw

Reaction score
There is not one player I would trade Amare for.

(Ok now bring on the Dwight Howard arguments...)

If the Hawks weren't too cheap, they would have gotten Amare to play with JJ and win it all in two years!

Ninjafish

Registered
Reaction score
Rebounding is surprisingly close. The Hawks only have 6 more. If not for that one possession, it may be tied.

Delmon Young

Rookie
Reaction score
I wish the refs would let Horford play a little... he's had some iffy calls against him. I like him a lot.

cly2tw

Reaction score
Marion on the lowpost with that hook? Anything goes tonight it seems. I feel sorry for the Hawks. ;)

cly2tw

Reaction score
Pike is just a disgrace to NBA basketball! Geez!

And the glaciers Pike to Marks were good enough to score! Pathetic!

Griffin

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Lots of positives in this game. Diaw and Hill combined for 32 points, 12 assists, 8 rebounds and 4 steals (Diaw 16/9/7). This is huge because now we just may have another weapon off the bench in Hill. There wasn't any noticable letdown when Nash was sitting. During one stretch in the second half, Diaw assisted on a Hill basket on three consecutive trips down the floor. Amare was unstoppable offensively and played solid defense.

The rebounds again look bad. Marion again with only 3, even though there were plenty of missed shots from Atlanta. The Hawks edge on the offensive end was 26-4. A lot of the Hawks rebounds came early in the game on a few possessions and late in the game when the lead was huge and the Suns reserves relaxed too much.

CaptainInsano

Reaction score
Anyone got a link to replay of the game? It has been a while since I saw a nice ole blowout AND extra points for it being against atlanta!

Ninjafish

Registered
Reaction score

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05