Hello There Red Birds

Falcons365

Reaction score
What is up in Cardinals Land? Its playoff time.. how great it is to get this thing going on Saturday. How are you guys feeling about the game? You guys pretty sure your going to win? Confident or nervous?

Should be quite an interesting matchup.. If we cannot get pressure on Warner, it will be a long day come Saturday. We should run it with Michael Turner through those arm tackles in that Cardinals defense. Ryan will throw well against that shoddy defense. Can Gandy and Levi Brown hold up? They havnt yet.

Warner will have to get the ball out quickly all day long.

31-26 Falcons

Last edited:

phillycard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Falcons, let Michael Turner know that all the ladies are going to be at Club 112 in Atl on Saturday,and that he really shouldn't miss this party. Especially for a lousy playoff game.

:newcards:

Avondale Red Rage

Just wondering...
Reaction score
What is up in Cardinals Land? Its playoff time.. how great it is to get this thing going on Saturday. How are you guys feeling about the game? You guys pretty sure your going to win? Confident or nervous?

Should be quite an interesting matchup.. If we cannot get pressure on Warner, it will be a long day come Saturday. We should run it with Michael Turner through those arm tackles in that Cardinals defense. Ryan will throw well against that shoddy defense. Can Gandy and Levi Brown hold up? They havnt yet.

Warner will have to get the ball out quickly all day long.

31-26 Falcons

In the playoffs the veteran QB is always an advantage over a rookie (Ryan is a stud though). And as for the defense, we've been saving the real tackling for the playoffs (cost cutting measure due to un-warranted fines):

Good Luck.

You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:
OP
OP
F

Falcons365

Reaction score
In the playoffs the veteran QB is always an advantage over a rookie (Ryan is a stud though). And as for the defense, we've been saving the real tackling for the playoffs (cost cutting measure-fines):

Good Luck.

haha, I hear you man. I have watched a few of yalls games and I can sympathize with the tackling effort. Its so frustrating to have guys that physically gifted (i.e. Rolle) who want to hit a guy and not wrap up. Guys like Michael Turner just absorb those hits and keep rolling along. Just check his highlight reels.

Anyway, as for Warner, I think he is at a decided disadvantage when compared to Matt Ryan. I will give you my reasons.

1) Ryan has the 2nd best rushing attack in the NFL compared to Arizons 2nd to last
2) Arizona's tackles are terrible
3) Ryan releases the ball on time, and feels pressure. When its not open he can move in the pocket well. Warner releases quick when its an open WR, but if its covered, its trouble.
4) Both guys are very good against the blitz so thats a wash

The main thing working in Warner's favor is the #2 WR Fitzgerald who is better than Michael Jenkins. Jenkins is big too, but Fitz is just more physically gifted. Boldin and Roddy are both really good. Breston and Harry Douglass are similar, but Douglass has not put up the numbers that Breston has.

Last edited:

az1965

Love Games!
Reaction score
1) Ryan has the 2nd best rushing attack in the NFL compared to Arizons 2nd to last
Its dead last but who cares... our passing game has been working and will work this Sat. Edge is going to provide some stability.

OP
OP
F

Falcons365

Reaction score
Hey Edge actually scares me.. He has post season experience and had 100 yards last week. He is the kind of guy who can get rolling anytime he wants to.

az1965

Love Games!
Reaction score
Message to Matt Ryan...

Hey rook... From Adrian Wilson with love! ;)

azmike74

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
2) Arizona's tackles are terrible
3) Ryan releases the ball on time, and feels pressure. When its not open he can move in the pocket well. Warner releases quick when its an open WR, but if its covered, its trouble.
4) Both guys are very good against the blitz so thats a wash

The main thing working in Warner's favor is the #2 WR Fitzgerald who is better than Michael Jenkins. Jenkins is big too, but Fitz is just more physically gifted. Boldin and Roddy are both really good. Breston and Harry Douglass are similar, but Douglass has not put up the numbers that Breston has.

1) Agree, no argument
2) Agree, no argument (if you are talking about tackling technique)
3) 1/2 disagree, if Fitz is covered it's not an incomplete pass. If Warner understood this, he would be fine. He may not complete them all, but he would be alright.
4) Don't have much knowledge about Ryan, but Warner is good to a point, then seems to get rattled.

Don't underestimate our running game and don't take too much of what I have said seriously. I have drank 1/2 bottle of Makers Mark and am speaking purely of my opinion which can be ranked right next to a pile of Georgia Tech degrees in civil engineering. So root your team on, forget you read this and if by chance you come out for the game, let me know and you can come drink some beer and eat some food where we tailgate.

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
I just can't see Atlanta stopping the Cardinals offense. The Falcons will score but won't win a shootout. Cards 43-27. Another key thing is how will the Falcons fair if they fall behind a couple scores. They've been playing from ahead for most of the year. If they get behind, will Ryan be able to lead them back? That's a big question mark. The Cards have shown they can come back. I think Atlanta has a bright future but the Cardinals have played and beaten much better teams at home. If this game was in Atlanta,i may give them a slight edge but they aren't winning in Arizona. Not this year.

Jersey Girl

Stand down
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If the Cards stop Turner, they win. Plain and simple.

BTW, Falcons365, thanks for being a cool fan on our board.

IAWarnerFan

Warnerphile, but a Cards fan!
Reaction score
Hey Edge actually scares me.. He has post season experience and had 100 yards last week. He is the kind of guy who can get rolling anytime he wants to.
You could be right about that. If the offensive line shows up for this one your Falcons could have some problems. That's been one of the big problems this season. The O-Line isn't that good and good D-Lines have been manhandling them.

I expect the Cardinals to key on Michael Turner the whole game and make your rookie beat us. He's young and inexperienced and hopefully for us that will show.

OP
OP
F

Falcons365

Reaction score
Just like you guys dont think we can stop your passing, I dont think you guys can stop our rushing. Remember that eating up rushing yards and first downs keeps Warner on the sidelines. In my opinion, it will come down to the turnover margin.

The only game I have seen Arizona win when they lose the turnover battle was the game against Dallas. That took a Cowboys special teams meltdown, which is a also a good work to describe that team.

IAWarnerFan

Reaction score
Just like you guys dont think we can stop your passing, I dont think you guys can stop our rushing. Remember that eating up rushing yards and first downs keeps Warner on the sidelines. In my opinion, it will come down to the turnover margin.

The only game I have seen Arizona win when they lose the turnover battle was the game against Dallas. That took a Cowboys special teams meltdown, which is a also a good work to describe that team.
The Cardinals are average at stopping the run. Not great, but not bad. Our depth in the defensive secondary has been our weakness on defense. If Ryan struggles, you probably won't win this game.
The turnover battle is key in most games. The more you dominate that stat the better chance you have.

az1965

Love Games!
Reaction score
Hello again rookie... Meet DRC... Know him well as you will be throwing to him at least once this Saturday. ;)

You must be registered for see images

OP
OP
F

Falcons365

Reaction score
On a different note, what are you guys going to do when Kurt Warner hangs it up? That Matt Leinart pick couldnt have turned out much worse. The guy looks like hes putting on a beer gut from all those sorority parties that he is going too.

Sorry to get off topic, I just want your perspective.

We have a similar situation in Atlanta. We drafted a DE 8th overall 2 years ago from Arkansas, Jamaal Anderson. He is our starting LDE. He has started 30+ games and recorded all of 2 sacks (neither very impressive). He has 1 tackle for loss. His best stat is 4 batted passes and 1 FG blocked..

lmfao, busted picks are so frustating

Jersey Girl

Stand down
Supporting Member
Reaction score
On a different note, what are you guys going to do when Kurt Warner hangs it up? That Matt Leinart pick couldnt have turned out much worse. The guy looks like hes putting on a beer gut from all those sorority parties that he is going too.

Your attempt at humor is lost here. Leinart will be okay. He hands the ball off better than Warner does, which keeps the defenses guessing. He has a strong arm. And he has learned by watching and having a mentor in Warner.

Don't discount him just yet.

IAWarnerFan

Reaction score

Sorry to get off topic, I just want your perspective.

We have a similar situation in Atlanta. We drafted a DE 8th overall 2 years ago from Arkansas, Jamaal Anderson. He is our starting LDE. He has started 30+ games and recorded all of 2 sacks (neither very impressive). He has 1 tackle for loss. His best stat is 4 batted passes and 1 FG blocked..

lmfao, busted picks are so frustating
A lot of people here still believe in Matt Leinart, tho I'm not convinced he'll turn out yet. Yeah, he does like to party a lot, unlike Warner. :rolleyes: Kurt Warner is bipolar you know. :p

Jamaal Anderson? I thought he was a running back. :bang:

OP
OP
F

Falcons365

Reaction score
Your attempt at humor is lost here. Leinart will be okay. He hands the ball off better than Warner does, which keeps the defenses guessing. He has a strong arm. And he has learned by watching and having a mentor in Warner.

Don't discount him just yet.

Lienart? Strong arm?

Please. Hate to call you a serious homer, but that is a ridiculous thing to say.

az1965

Love Games!
Reaction score

Cards are 16th in rush defense.
Here are some of the RB's stats against Cards rush defense this season:

Portis 21/65 WAS (4th in the NFL)
Jones 18/46 NYJ (6th in the NFL)
Jackson 7/17 & 18/63 STL (11th in the NFL)
Lynch 13/55 BUF (13th in the NFL)
Ward 20/69 NYG (15th in the NFL)
Brown 11/25 MIA (19th in the NFL but has a 4.3 avg)
Barber 17/45 (21st in the NFL but has a 3.7 avg)

Falcons are 21st in pass defense.

I'm sure you haven't played a team this year with three 1000 yards receivers of the likes of Fitz, Boldin, and Breaston. If Warner is sharp and protects the ball this Sat... it is going to be a long day for you guys. No team has been able to stop Cards passing attack save the snow and a disinterested team in NE.

Last edited:
OP
OP
F

Falcons365

Reaction score
On paper the Cardinals look like a shoe-in

If it was so easy, you guys wouldnt be a home dog.:)

az1965

Love Games!
Reaction score

Its all perception, dude... its "what have you done lately" syndrom... its good, we don't mind being underdogs.

Cards crapped last 2-3 games because they had already clinched the division and were playing completely without focus and effort. Shouldn't happen but its a young team. Hopefully they will learn and improve next season. Expect an inspired team to show up this Sat.

IAWarnerFan

Reaction score

We realize your Falcons are a great team and that's why you're here. I think we all expect this game to be a tight game throughout.

OP
OP
F

Falcons365

Reaction score
Homer? Please. You obviously have just met me. You are entitled to you opinion as I am to mine.

If your going to say he has a strong arm then please have some information to back it up. I can show you numerous videos of Lienart throwing the football. You would only call his arm strong if you were comparing it to a water pistol. I mean seriously. You want the links?

I want to know what your seeing, because you seem to be the only one seeing it. The advanced scouts surely dont agree with you. Thats why I either call you ..

1) Homer
2) Lacking in football smarts

I didnt want to offend you so I deferred to #1..

Then again, "strong" is a relative term so I may ask you to define that term in this regard.

I dont hate the guy, but its obvious that he isnt a leader.. he doesnt have a strong arm and he isnt focused on football. Im not just making this stuff up to make him look bad. This is all documented.

az1965

Love Games!
Reaction score
If your going to say he has a strong arm then please have some information to back it up. I can show you numerous videos of Lienart throwing the football. You would only call his arm strong if you were comparing it to a water pistol. I mean seriously. You want the links?

I want to know what your seeing, because you seem to be the only one seeing it. The advanced scouts surely dont agree with you. Thats why I either call you ..

1) Homer
2) Lacking in football smarts

I didnt want to offend you so I deferred to #1..

Then again, "strong" is a relative term so I may ask you to define that term in this regard.

I dont hate the guy, but its obvious that he isnt a leader.. he doesnt have a strong arm and he isnt focused on football. Im not just making this stuff up to make him look bad. This is all documented.
Don't understand all this Leinart bashing... has no bearing on the game this Saturday under normal circumstances... why not focus on the game?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05