Hello There Red Birds

Jersey Girl

Stand down
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It just completely baffles me why doesn't CP understand that rushing three has NEVER worked so far... keep throwing the kitchen sink especially when rookie is behind the center.

Especially against Westbrook! :bang: WTF?!?!

He has to go. Yeah, he seems like a nice guy, but so was Tobin. And McGuiness. And others.

Sorry if I sound cynical, but I make a crap load less than these guys and can lose my job just as easily (if not moreso). Perform or be gone. Coaches and players included.

IAWarnerFan

Warnerphile, but a Cards fan!
Reaction score
Almost everything you mentioned more than 2 years old as far as news goes. If he was PacMan, out at the ***** bars every night, hell yeah, I'd be pissed. But, when I hear Whisenhunt and Warner praising how hard he's working, that's really all I have to go on right now.
Great point! If Kurt Warner says Leinart is doing the right things, then Leinart is doing the right things. :thumbup:

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Here's Leinart's rookie stats:

No, Leinart's numbers are quite a bit worse if you take off your rose colored glasses. Leinart has better options than the other two as well. :p

There really isn't all that much separation among the 3. Hell, if he had a running game like the Falcons and Ravens had that year, not to mention their defenses, your hero (and mine too) would probably still be on the bench.

OP
OP
F

Falcons365

Reaction score
:) Your right, Leinart was well worth the pick..

Jay Cutler (picked after Lienart) has made a pro bowl already, Lienart has been benched. Matt Ryan is a pro-bowl alternate who will make the team if someone bows out. He would be the first rookie QB to make the pro bowl since Dan Marino.

Thats what a top 10 QB should look like. Ryan was offensive rookie of the year and pro bowl alternate while being drafted in 2008.

Lienart was drafted in 2006 and has done what?

Last edited:
OP
OP
F

Falcons365

Reaction score
Almost everything you mentioned more than 2 years old as far as news goes. If he was PacMan, out at the ***** bars every night, hell yeah, I'd be pissed. But, when I hear Whisenhunt and Warner praising how hard he's working, that's really all I have to go on right now.

I understand.. it just says something to me that it took him 3 years to figure out he needs to work hard.

az1965

Love Games!
Reaction score
I
Ryan rarely throws picks.. We dont make mistakes. Thats what makes me confident.
Oh, BTW, regarding turnover battles... Here is an interesting note:

Despite winning five of their last seven games, the Falcons had just five takeaways during that span as quarterback Matt Ryan’s interceptions accounted for six of Atlanta’s 12 giveaways.
The Falcons, at minus-3 for the season, and Minnesota, at minus-6, are the only two teams in either conference to make the playoffs after ending the regular season under zero.

Also, comparing turnovers for two teams...

Ryan - 434 attempts; 11 ints (2.5%); 16 TD
Fumbles lost - 6 (3 rush, 3 pass)

Warner - 598 attempts; 14 ints (2.3%); 30 TD
Fumbles lost - 6 (2 rush, 4 pass)

IAWarnerFan

Reaction score
There really isn't all that much separation among the 3. Hell, if he had a running game like the Falcons and Ravens had that year, not to mention their defenses, your hero (and mine too) would probably still be on the bench.
Don't call him you hero if that's really your opinion of him! If the Cardinals had a better O-Line we'd have The Greatest Show On Turf II.

Last edited:

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Jay Cutler has made a pro bowl already, Lienart has been benched. Matt Ryan is a pro-bowl alternate who will make the team if someone bows out. He would be the first rookie QB to make the pro bowl since Dan Marino.

Thats what a top 10 QB should look like. Ryan was offensive rookie of the year and pro bowl alternate while being drafted in 2008.

You are comparing apples and oranges.

Leinart started for a terrible team in 2006, Cutler and Ryan entered better situations. Leinart then got hurt in the first half of game 5 last year, and a guy EVERYBODY had buried came to life and has played lights out since.

Find negative commentary about Leinart in the offseason of 2007. Or, save your time, because you won't find it. He did struggle with a new offense in 2007, so I'm not saying he's a savior. But, I'm not going to be stupid and call him a bust either. It's yet to be proven how he will pan out.

Chris_Sanders

Not Always The Best Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Jay Cutler (picked after Lienart) has made a pro bowl already, Lienart has been benched. Matt Ryan is a pro-bowl alternate who will make the team if someone bows out. He would be the first rookie QB to make the pro bowl since Dan Marino.

Leinart is playing behind a Hall of Fame QB who broke the franchise record for TDs in a season and tossed for 4000 yards.

Your QB inherited the job because you had no reasonable competition. Quit looking like a ******* on our board.

OP
OP
F

Falcons365

Reaction score
Oh, BTW, regarding turnover battles... Here is an interesting note:

Despite winning five of their last seven games, the Falcons had just five takeaways during that span as quarterback Matt Ryan’s interceptions accounted for six of Atlanta’s 12 giveaways.
The Falcons, at minus-3 for the season, and Minnesota, at minus-6, are the only two teams in either conference to make the playoffs after ending the regular season under zero.

Also, comparing turnovers for two teams...

Ryan - 434 attempts; 11 ints (2.5%); 16 TD
Fumbles lost - 6 (3 rush, 3 pass)

Warner - 598 attempts; 14 ints (2.3%); 30 TD
Fumbles lost - 6 (2 rush, 4 pass)

Ryan has only lost 1 fumble all year .. Warner has lost 7.. nice try though

Jersey Girl

Stand down
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I dont care if Leinart is good or bad. Hes not in my division. I just call it like I see it. Draft talk is my specialty and one of my favorite subjects. Leinart is a glamor boy whether you want to admit it or not. He makes appearances on reality shows and has been on other shows like Punk'd.

He likes being in front of the camera, around at parties. Hanging in a hot tub with 6 playboy playmates. He likes that kind of life. The glamor life. Hanging with Paris Hilton.

All that just shows me that he isnt focused on football. His playing time has decreased every year he has been in the league. If I were a Cards fan, I would hold him accountable for his off the field lifestyle. I would be frustrated with him if it were me.

During last year's Superbowl, Leinart had a party that raised money for sick kids. He gave fans the opportunity to attend that party at a reasonable ticket cost )all of which went to charity). He has been active in the community all year though he hasn't started. And, yeah, he probably had some parties and I say good the hell for him!!! Like none of us have ever had under-age hotties over for a night of hottub fun. :p

And he has played well off the bench this year, which I mentioned in my previous reply to you.

My question is why you even bring this up if you, by your account, don't care if he is good or bad.

Last edited by a moderator:

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He's trolling. It's a near classic case.

Shows up, makes a half hearted attempt to talk about the game. Picks some controversial aspect of the team and focuses on it, then proceeds to insult long standing members for their "lack of football knowledge" because they don't agree with his drivel

He can stick to talking about the game or go elsewhere.

OP
OP
F

Falcons365

Reaction score
You are comparing apples and oranges.

Leinart started for a terrible team in 2006, Cutler and Ryan entered better situations. Leinart then got hurt in the first half of game 5 last year, and a guy EVERYBODY had buried came to life and has played lights out since.

Find negative commentary about Leinart in the offseason of 2007. Or, save your time, because you won't find it. He did struggle with a new offense in 2007, so I'm not saying he's a savior. But, I'm not going to be stupid and call him a bust either. It's yet to be proven how he will pan out.

Its funny how everyone picks us to win no more than 3 games before the season started and somehow thats entering a "better" situation.

Ryan made the situation what it is. He is a leader and the team is following him. Is that really hard to understand?

All of the sudden, Atlanta was a talented team ??

No. Ryan made this team what it is.

az1965

Love Games!
Reaction score
Hey Falcon fan... why you are attacking Matt's character... here is what your lovable franchise running back doing just before the big playoff game. Not to even mention the Vick saga. People in glass houses... ;)

Police: Turner involved in domestic dispute

By GEORGE HENRY, Associated Press Writer 6 hours, 48 minutes ago

ATLANTA (AP)—Atlanta Falcons running back Michael Turner was involved in a “domestic dispute” Monday night with the mother of his infant child, Gwinnett County Police Corp. David Schiralli said.

Schiralli said police responded to a call between 7 and 8 p.m. EST Monday, but he would not identify the woman or the site of the incident.
Police made no arrests and do not plan to file charges.
“There is not enough probable cause for us to proceed any further,” Schiralli said.
Turner finished second in the NFL with 1,699 yards rushing and 16 touchdowns to earn his first Pro Bowl invitation. The 26-year-old signed a $34.5 million contract with the Falcons after leaving San Diego as an unrestricted free agent in March.

Atlanta (11-5) will play at Arizona (9-7) Saturday in an NFC wild-card game.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You are an cornholio who knows little of which he speaks.

During last year's Superbowl, Leinart had a party that raised money for sick kids. He gave fans the opportunity to attend that party at a reasonable ticket cost )all of which went to charity). He has been active in the community all year though he hasn't started. And, yeah, he probably had some parties and I say good the hell for him!!! Like none of us have ever had under-age hotties over for a night of hottub fun. :p

And he has played well off the bench this year, which I mentioned in my previous reply to you.

My question is why you even bring this up if you, by your account, don't care if he is good or bad.

He also put a lot of money into the new peds wing at my wife's work, Banner Desert. He also drops in to see the kids fairly often.

Maybe this Falcons guy is right. Why the hell is he visiting sick kids when he could be breaking down film? :mad:

IAWarnerFan

Reaction score
Holding onto the ball has always been a weakness for Warner, no doubt about that, but I'd rather have a veteran QB with a rating of 96.9 than a rookie with a QB rating of 87.7 in the playoffs.

OP
OP
F

Falcons365

Reaction score
He's trolling. The trigger finger on him grows itchy.

How am I trolling? Because I am not a Cards fan?

I am just talking personnel. I mentioned we have a draft bust from the top 10 in the 2007 draft.

I cannot talk about Lienart or I am a troll eh?

O

LD @ F.O.H.
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
He's trolling. It's a near classic case.

Shows up, makes a half hearted attempt to talk about the game. Picks some controversial aspect of the team and focuses on it, then proceeds to insult long standing members for their "lack of football knowledge" because they agree with his drivel

Please!!!!!!!!!

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Its funny how everyone picks us to win no more than 3 games before the season started and somehow thats entering a "better" situation.

Ryan made the situation what it is. He is a leader and the team is following him. Is that really hard to understand?

All of the sudden, Atlanta was a talented team ??

No. Ryan made this team what it is.

Yep, he entered a better situation. Just because the experts didn't know what the hell they were talking about (like usual) doesn't mean he didn't find himself in the middle of a great running game and a solid defense and a smart coach. Because he did. As a Cardinals fan, I promise you Leinart had none of the above.

IAWarnerFan

Reaction score

I am just talking personnel. I mentioned we have a draft bust from the top 10 in the 2007 draft.

You don't need to worry about Leinart. He won't play. Kurt Warner is the one you should be very concerned about.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

You are a guest here and that is all. Act like it or get out. I can serve your ban up in 3 seconds if you piss me off.

Edit: And pissing me off is coming on our board and insulting long standing members. Got it?

OP
OP
F

Falcons365

Reaction score
Hey Falcon fan... why you are attacking Matt's character... here is what your lovable franchise running back doing just before the big playoff game. Not to even mention the Vick saga. People in glass houses... ;)

I dont defend Vick. He was my favorite player until sh*t hit the fan. Oh well.

As far as Turner goes, I was shocked at the story. I cannot really say much about it because theres no facts to the case. It just says the police were called but nothing happened.

Nonethless, its a distraction that I wish we didnt have to deal with. Much like Eugene Robinson before the superbowl in 98.

OP
OP
F

Falcons365

Reaction score
You are a guest here and that is all. Act like it or get out. I can serve your ban up in 3 seconds if you piss me off.

Its a message board, we can talk about anything. People here bring up Vick, it doesnt bother me. Im not disrespecting anyone so talk some football or ignore the thread.

If I disrespected someone let me know. If not then leave me be.

IAWarnerFan

Reaction score
Matt Ryan had a great year for a rookie, no doubt about that. He's no Kurt Warner tho and maybe never will be. :shrug:

OP
OP
F

Falcons365

Reaction score
You don't need to worry about Leinart. He won't play. Kurt Warner is the one you should be very concerned about.

How long do you want him to play for you guys? I think hes got another season in him. Unlike Favre.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05