Henry / Shelton deal back on according to FFMASTERMIND.

PIZ

Reaction score
Per the Washington Post. I think you have to pay for the Washington Post site, and I don't, so this is from a Bills board. Take it for what it is worth:

Code:
-- Henry/Shelton Trade Update --
Tue Mar 29, 2005 --from FFMastermind.com
The Washington Post reports the on-again, off-again trade talks between Buffalo and Arizona that would send RB Travis Henry to the Cardinals and OT L.J. Shelton to the Bills appears to be on again, and the deal perhaps will be completed in the coming weeks.
Code:

OP
OP
P

PIZ

Reaction score
English on tour said:
it seems spot on though - what with his knowledge of the exact dates and all those quotes:shrug:

Hey, I told you to take it for what it is worth. At least it's something. Cardinal fans have something to look forward to. You guys have the 8th pick in the draft. The Bills don't pick until the bottom half of round 2. Anything Bills related is news to us. Cripes, we've only signed 2 free agents in Kelly Holcolm and Mike Gandy.

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If Caddy and Brown are gone, the Henry deal will be triggered and we will take Rogers/Jones/Rolle at 8.

Everything about this on-again/off-again trade seems to point toward this happening, IMO.

Shuesters2

Wind Breaker
Reaction score
D-Dogg said:
If Caddy and Brown are gone, the Henry deal will be triggered and we will take Rogers/Jones/Rolle at 8.

Everything about this on-again/off-again trade seems to point toward this happening, IMO.

Concur. I think Denny is seeing who is available at #8. He probably has the hots for Brown or Williams and if either are available... then that's his choice and Henry would be major baggage at that point.

However, if they're gone then the Henry deal starts to look pretty good. (If the LT for Henry deal is legit) Denny holds the better cards until Brown and Caddy get drafted, after that the advantage shifts to the Bills.

Shuesters... just spit-balling here.

bratwurst

on double secret probation
Reaction score
You don't have to pay for washington post, I have an account there though so I will log on and see if I can find the article.

seesred

Reaction score
As the worm turns. Oh I guess you wonder where has the great Bills team gone. We have never been great , but we always hope. You just have to suffer threw the first and most of the second round of the draft. While we struggle most seasons for a little bit of respect. Except for 98.

Good luck with your Bills I loved the team of the Simpson era.

GBR

bratwurst

Reaction score
2nd to last paragraph.
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A6656-2005Mar28.html

"The on-again, off-again trade talks between Buffalo and Arizona that would send tailback Travis Henry to the Cardinals and offensive tackle L.J. Shelton to the Bills appears to be on again, and the deal perhaps will be completed in the coming weeks. . . ."

Doesn't sound like much to me besides reading between lines by the reporter. He also said in a different article that there was no need to trade for Henry when there were backs available in the draft.

DevonCardsFan

BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
D-Dogg said:

I have a feeling that exactly is going to happen.

JPlay

JPlay
Reaction score
Yeah I can see that happening, but the real question is whethere we will still take a RB. And if that happens Henry will be in the same situation he was in last year. Plus this is the last year of his deal, will he really expect to stay and perform to the highest level if he knows we drafted a rookie who will eventually take his place.

Or should we trade for Henry and then draft a situational guy like Sproles? This would pretty much cement Henry as our back of the future and cause us to miss out on a deep RB draft this year.

Does Henry have the talent to be a franchise guy? Are the backs in the draft better prospects to be a frachise back?

Tough Questions.

chickenhead

Reaction score
Not a bad strategy in my mind at all. If the RBs in the draft are gone, yes choices are limited, but it's not like the Bills trading partners are expanded. I don't think Green will be held over a barrel for Henry. If it doesn't work out we still have Shipp and we still have Shelton. Not the best-case-scenario, but I'd like to see them try to maximize their position.

john h

LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
PIZ said:
Hey, I told you to take it for what it is worth. At least it's something. Cardinal fans have something to look forward to. You guys have the 8th pick in the draft. The Bills don't pick until the bottom half of round 2. Anything Bills related is news to us. Cripes, we've only signed 2 free agents in Kelly Holcolm and Mike Gandy.

I am getting tired of hearing about this deal. If it happens great. If not that is great also. We have or will get a good player either way. It is not like we could not use Shelton. You can bet one of our tackles will be injured and he will be needed. He is also a good player and a good man. Bring it on or let it be.

bratwurst

Reaction score
john h said:
I am getting tired of hearing about this deal. If it happens great. If not that is great also. We have or will get a good player either way. It is not like we could not use Shelton. You can bet one of our tackles will be injured and he will be needed. He is also a good player and a good man. Bring it on or let it be.

I actually agree with you. I'm also not extremely excited about welcoming a guy who decided to not play for his old team anymore because he wasn't starting. I realize that happens a lot in sports these days but it doesn't mean I have to be accepting of it.

If he comes here and does well, great. If we get someone else in the draft, I'm happy with that too. I kind of wish we would draft someone and keep Shelton, but I doubt that will happen.

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Shuesters2 said:
However, if they're gone then the Henry deal starts to look pretty good. (If the LT for Henry deal is legit) Denny holds the better cards until Brown and Caddy get drafted, after that the advantage shifts to the Bills.

Shuesters... just spit-balling here.

I actually think that Denny continues to hold the better hand into the second round, especially if Arrington is on the board. He can say to the Bills, listen, I'll get a RB in the second round...there are plenty of them. If you want Shelton, you make the deal now or I'll deal him for another pick. I've got 3 RBs on the board I'll draft before I give you Shelton and a draft pick for Henry. I'll do the deal straight up though, if you want it.

I don't think that at any stage in the process, with this deep RB draft, that Denny won't hold the cards in this deal. He's on the button with pocket AA.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Broncosfan