ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Atlanta won again tonight, beating Minnesota.:thumbup:

devilalum

Heavily Redacted
Reaction score
if atlanta wins more, then what?
sorry im not informed

If they lose too many they'll get a top 3 pick and the Suns will be screwed.

We want them to stay in the 5-8 range.

jbeecham

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
if atlanta wins more, then what?
sorry im not informed
We get thier pick unless it's top 3 in the draft so we want them to have the 4th or 5th pick so that we actually get it. For a while it looked like they were going to be one of the 3 worst teams in the league and keep a great draft pick.

tobiazz

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Anything from 3-6th worst is probably okay. I wouldn't get too worked up about their record because the ping pong balls could move them up or down.

The fifth worst record may be the sweet spot because they would only have about a 30% chance of moving into the lottery. Fourth worst record would give them around 40%, which is too close to 50% for my liking.

Joe Mama

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I guess I'm just too pessimistic to believe we are actually going to get that draft pick this year.

Joe Mama

dodie53

A. O. II
Reaction score
if the hawks get the 5th pick, that pick will go to the suns right? then who would the suns get from the draft?

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
For some reason, I think the Suns are due for some good lottery luck. So I'm hoping that Atlanta finishes with the third worst record, in which case I'll expect them to drop one slot so that the Suns can draft at #4.

ArizonaSportsFan

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Is the Cleveland pick protected at all (top 10, perhaps)? They aren't really that good, although they get to play the East a lot.

Diawsome

Registered
Reaction score
Is the Cleveland pick protected at all (top 10, perhaps)? They aren't really that good, although they get to play the East a lot.

The Cleveland pick is top 10 protected. But they would need a season ending Lebron injury to reach that level with the increase of teams that will start to tank around the ASB.

Joe Mama

Supporting Member
Reaction score
For some reason, I think the Suns are due for some good lottery luck. So I'm hoping that Atlanta finishes with the third worst record, in which case I'll expect them to drop one slot so that the Suns can draft at #4.

Eric? Is that really you?

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Didn't Cleveland lose? We need to be rooting for Cleveland to lose. That pick will be important too.

hafey

Registered
Reaction score
D'Antoni will never draft a raw player like Thatbeet.

The guy we should all want is Al Horford. Stud.

JPlay

JPlay
Reaction score
Why shouldn't we draft a raw player. Unless we can get Noah we have a team that doesn't need him right away. He can be a dominating shotblocker ala Mutumbo. Guys like Horford get drafted every year. Look at Shelden Williams, or Sean May. And Horford's number aren't even as good as theirs.

The Commish

youknowhatimsayin?
Reaction score
It's painful to watch Thabeet run. No way he could keep up with us. For that reason alone D'Antoni won't draft him.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Broncosfan