Heres my question

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Donald,

How can we call the fumbling and issue when Leinart fumbles more often than Kurt does?

First of all, I'm talking about something that Kurt improved on...not saying it is really an issue now. However

Where do you get Leinart fumbles more than Kurt from?

Using games and pass attempts as a baseline (since I can't find total snaps), that doesn't ring true.

Leinart has fumbled 10 times in 21 games.
Avg of .48 fumbles a game

Warner has fumbled 91 times in 109 games.
Avg of .83 fumbles a game.

That's about 86% more often for Kurt on a game by game basis.

Matt has fumbled 10 times to 581 pass attempts, or about .017 percent
Kurt has fumbled 91 times to 3557 pass attempts, or about .025

Heck, in 16 regular season games this year, Kurt fumbled 11 times. That's one more than Matt in his career in 5 fewer games. And this is with the renewed focus on ball protection.

Matt has NEVER had Kurt Warner's fumbling problems. In 2002, 2003, 2004, and 2006, Kurt averaged more than a fumble per game. In 2005, he had 9 fumbles in 10 games.

He's fixed that, and brought that fumble per game problem down tremendously, and I don't think it's an issue right now as long as he focuses on it, but of all the things that Warner does better than Matt, holding on to the ball has not been one of them.

cardsfanmd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
First of all, I'm talking about something that Kurt improved on...not saying it is really an issue now. However

Where do you get Leinart fumbles more than Kurt from?

Using games and pass attempts as a baseline (since I can't find total snaps), that doesn't ring true.

Leinart has fumbled 10 times in 21 games.
Avg of .48 fumbles a game

Warner has fumbled 91 times in 109 games.
Avg of .83 fumbles a game.

That's about 86% more often for Kurt on a game by game basis.

Matt has fumbled 10 times to 581 pass attempts, or about .017 percent
Kurt has fumbled 91 times to 3557 pass attempts, or about .025

Heck, in 16 regular season games this year, Kurt fumbled 11 times. That's one more than Matt in his career in 5 fewer games. And this is with the renewed focus on ball protection.

Matt has NEVER had Kurt Warner's fumbling problems. In 2002, 2003, 2004, and 2006, Kurt averaged more than a fumble per game. In 2005, he had 9 fumbles in 10 games.

He's fixed that, and brought that fumble per game problem down tremendously, and I don't think it's an issue right now as long as he focuses on it, but of all the things that Warner does better than Matt, holding on to the ball has not been one of them.
I stand corrected. I was pretty sure that I had read stats proving otherwise last year. Looking back, it was probably mokler feeding me some nonsense. My bad, carry on.

OP
OP
D

dinesh15

Rookie
Reaction score
Donald You are an Idiot!!!

Donald, You talk like you are a genius who knows everything. Remember, I am calling you an IDIOT because you called me that in the previous posts in this thread..(as Idiotic thread)

Why dont you be thankful for your company who gave you chance when the whole world did not believe in you and go take a pay cut tomorrow and then come back and talk to us?? would you please do that??

So, coming to your point, I think Cards owe KW more than KW owes cards.. he is a super bowl champ and a 2 time MVP before he got here.. Cards were a doormat franchise with nothing to show for... Got it?

He is a great role model for kids and he is a champion. so rather than acting like u care abt Cards and KW, why dont u just accept that you would some how want to watch your boy Leinart become the starter??

Ryanwb

ASFN IDOL
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Where in the hell are all these high and mighty newbs coming from?

I was just going to say the same thing. Did someone scribble this web site's address on the bathroom stall in the mens room at the Blue Oyster or what?

nashman

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
dinesh15 is trying to see how fast he can get BANNED!! Probably Brenda trying to defend her man!

Cards232

Registered
Reaction score
Cards232 welcome back. You are one of my favorite posters here.

Considering the number of great posters here, including yourself, I consider that a distinct compliment. BTW, by great posters I mean many of those that both agree & disagree w/ me. As long as it stays civil, debate here is a good thing, that's why I enjoy coming here, although I often don't have the time I would like to post, but I am a frequent lurker.

This off season is shaping up to be a hoot eh?

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Donald, You talk like you are a genius who knows everything. Remember, I am calling you an IDIOT because you called me that in the previous posts in this thread..(as Idiotic thread)

Uhm...okay? But threads being idiotic doesn't mean the poster is. :shrug:

Why dont you be thankful for your company who gave you chance when the whole world did not believe in you and go take a pay cut tomorrow and then come back and talk to us?? would you please do that??

Yes, I will go to my company when they want to give me a 50 percent raise and tell them, you know what...I only want 45. I don't know what this proves. Kurt was offered a big raise. He wanted an even bigger one. Nobody asked him to take a pay cut. Your logic is really warped.

So, coming to your point, I think Cards owe KW more than KW owes cards.. he is a super bowl champ and a 2 time MVP before he got here.. Cards were a doormat franchise with nothing to show for... Got it?

My point was that there are two sides to every story...two angles to look at. Got it? And we were STILL a doormat franchise while Kurt was here...until Whis got here, and we climbed out. GOT IT?

He is a great role model for kids and he is a champion. so rather than acting like u care abt Cards and KW, why dont u just accept that you would some how want to watch your boy Leinart become the starter??

I love Warner the person...I've been very clear about that as long as I've been here. I have issues with some areas of his play, but overall he's a damn good QB. But he's old, and it is my opinion that he will not play at this same level for two more years. Next year? Maybe...likely even. The following? I don't think there is a chance in hell. Thus, I want him to re-sign here for a SMART contract on the team's side. I don't care about Kurt wanting security for the second year of the contract...play like he did this year and he'd get that.

cardsfanmd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Considering the number of great posters here, including yourself, I consider that a distinct compliment. BTW, by great posters I mean many of those that both agree & disagree w/ me. As long as it stays civil, debate here is a good thing, that's why I enjoy coming here, although I often don't have the time I would like to post, but I am a frequent lurker.

This off season is shaping up to be a hoot eh?
Well thank you back and hell yes this offseason is crazy. I guess I am somewhat strange because I always love the offseason. It's a new begining and everyone has a chance to completely erase what they did the year before (we are typically looking to do just that as Cards fans huh). The draft is normally my Super Bowl, so here's hoping we win this one:cheers: