Here's our rookie QB...

WildBB

Yogi n da Bear
Reaction score
http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/dsprofile.php?pyid=77731&draftyear=2010&genpos=QB

Levi Brown, Troy

I've seen him play 4-5 times the last 2 seasons and he keeps getting better. He outplayed Lefevour this season & think he's worth a gamble in rounds 5-7

I've read some his arm strength is fairly suspect. Possibly why he'd last until late in the draft. With the draft as heavy laden with juniors and position players, that's the way I'd draft and invite some QB's as UDA's.

The pundits have been saying we're going to draft a QB though.

The Skelton kid from Fordham could also be a possibility .

WarnerHOF

Registered
Reaction score
Don't see any point when we can just get one of these guys next year if Leinart doesn't pan out. ;)

You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images

Didn't include Mallet since I think he's going to be a major bust.

OP
OP
Buckybird

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score
I've read some his arm strength is fairly suspect..

Farthest thing from the truth. Actually his arm is very strong & is stronger than Lefevour which most on this board love. Pull up some youtube on him. They also have some game vids on him on the site I posted.

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score
PFW says he has "functional arm strength to zip the out" but "sails the deep ball".

He sounds like a guy who could develop in to a strong back up from the write ups I've read.

az jam

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Jarrett Brown looked very good today at the Combine and also during the Senior Bowl week. Jevan Snead also looked good today, has a very strong arm. Many felt that he should have stayed another year in school as he had a poor junior year but is still considered a good pro prospect. I think these two plus Levi Brown could all be available perhaps in rounds 5 and lower. Not sure why LeFavour didn't want to throw during the Combine while the other 3 did and helped their cause.

OP
OP
Buckybird

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score
PFW says he has "functional arm strength to zip the out" but "sails the deep ball".

He sounds like a guy who could develop in to a strong back up from the write ups I've read.

Too bad you haven't seen the kid play. He only started for 1 1/2 years at Troy but was the Conference player of the year in 2009. I still believe his best football is ahead of him, he reminds me of Favre when he was a young gunslinger at So. Miss.

cardpa

Have a Nice Day!
Reaction score
http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/dsprofile.php?pyid=77731&draftyear=2010&genpos=QB

Levi Brown, Troy

I've seen him play 4-5 times the last 2 seasons and he keeps getting better. He outplayed Lefevour this season & think he's worth a gamble in rounds 5-7

ONly got to see each of these guys once and that was when they faced each other in a bowl game however I came away more impressed with LeFevour that Brown.

LeFevour had more pocket presence and was more willing to take a hit than Brown in order to complete a pass. Thought LeFevour had better touch on his passes and his checkdown was better.

Both guys had impressive numbers and they could have been better if their receivers hadn't dropped so many passes in the game.

DoTheDew

Registered
Reaction score
I'd take a flyer on him if he is there in the 7th. This is a deep draft for all our positions of immediate need (ILB, OLB, NT, TE, OT) and I would prefer taking care of those before drafting a guy who won't play all season unless injuries happen.

Cardiac

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I'd take a flyer on him if he is there in the 7th. This is a deep draft for all our positions of immediate need (ILB, OLB, NT, TE, OT) and I would prefer taking care of those before drafting a guy who won't play all season unless injuries happen.

:yeahthat:

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
Don't see any point when we can just get one of these guys next year if Leinart doesn't pan out. ;)

Really, you didn't mean to include Tate Forcier in that group did you? Or is the really Chad Henne and you think the Cards should egt him in a Boldin trade. Hell, Terelle Pryor is a way better prospect than Forcier, and i think he's going to stink as a pro. Leinart should hold everything in place until that freshman from Texas makes himself elgible in a couple years.
I'm sorry but Tate Forcier :biglaugh:.

DS_Whit

Rookie
Reaction score

So you are saying sign 2 free agents? We only have one QB on the roster when Friday rolls around. Not a really good plan if you ask me.

WarnerHOF

Registered
Reaction score
Really, you didn't mean to include Tate Forcier in that group did you? Or is the really Chad Henne and you think the Cards should egt him in a Boldin trade. Hell, Terelle Pryor is a way better prospect than Forcier, and i think he's going to stink as a pro. Leinart should hold everything in place until that freshman from Texas makes himself elgible in a couple years.
I'm sorry but Tate Forcier :biglaugh:.
I'm fairly sure that's Pat Devlin not Tate Forcier.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05