Hey everyone Ray Ratto says 49ers have already clinched the division

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
Hill is not a starting caliber QB for the Niners and they are winning off of other teams making mistakes with their improved defense but they are not a lock to go to the playoffs by any stretch of the imagination. Sorry, but give me a healthy Boldin, Breaston on the field and the Cardinals would have won that game...though it might not have been with style points of any kind.

AsUdUdE

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
WOW... :shock:

And for the record,, The 49ers very well could be 3-5 after their next 4 games:

ATL- I don't see the Falcons losing to a Gore-less 49er team

@Hou- Houston is a tough team, on the road, Don't see SanFran pulling it off

@Ind- Guaranteed loss

Ten- Their poor start makes it seem like this is a easy W, but by week 7, they may very well be on a roll.. possible L

CHI- Tough team could go either way, The 49ers could eak out a W, but I wouldn't be shocked if the Bears wn by 14+

@GB- About a 5% chance they win this game...

So by my calculations they very well could be 3-7 hedin into the game against Jacksonville at home.. AT BEST they are 5-5.. Thats a long way from clinching the division though there Ratto...

nashman

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
^ Thank you at least someone bothered to look at their schedule and realize they haven't beat anyone yet! They beat 2 pathetic teams and caught us injured and unprepared and still barely sqeeked out a win!

gohard83

Registered
Reaction score
^ Thank you at least someone bothered to look at their schedule and realize they haven't beat anyone yet! They beat 2 pathetic teams and caught us injured and unprepared and still barely sqeeked out a win!

Are you trying to say something here? You are no better than the Seahawks. Seahawks are banged up but they fought hard in SF. Your team on the other hand played in AZ and still came out soft. I guess unprepareness is an excuse now? lol. You can sit here and stack up all your excuses, 10 for every loss, while we stack up the Ws.

OP
OP
LoyaltyisaCurse

LoyaltyisaCurse

IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...
Reaction score
Are you trying to say something here? You are no better than the Seahawks. Seahawks are banged up but they fought hard in SF. Your team on the other hand played in AZ and still came out soft. I guess unprepareness is an excuse now? lol. You can sit here and stack up all your excuses, 10 for every loss, while we stack up the Ws.
yawn...

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
in all reality

I think a majority of Niner fans would rather play the Seahawks than us and if your a Niner fan, why would you expect us to be scared of a team that really could not move the ball against us and we were our own worst enemy in the game and injuries do play a major role. Four games into the season is a weak position for a team to say they have already won the division when they did not make the playoffs the year before.

nashman

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Niners fans are just defensive because they all know whats coming, they will be exposed for the fakers they are, so they need not talk all their crap now! Its hard to talk crap when your team is losing and thats what they will be doing soon enough! Gohard you the typical blowhard that comes and talks smack until their team sucks again then I am sure we won't see to much of you around here! Come back and talk after you beat someone that wasn't missing key players, if we could make that deal we might not have to hear much from you for along time.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
If we win next Sunday and SF loses, guarantee their will be a nice brown streak in a lot of 49er fan's underwear come Monday morning.

CaptTurbo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Hate to be a debbie downer but I think the 9ers have this division locked up. A lot of teams can hold a division for a few years before they rebuild. We were paper champions and its showing now.

Pariah

H.S.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First, it's the guy's job to write something that stirs his audience (and yes, if you read it, you are his audience). Second, he may be right. The 49ers are a far better team than even the most gracious of predictions on this board prior to the start of the season (and he cards may be worse...we'll see).

Cards_Campos

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
First, it's the guy's job to write something that stirs his audience (and yes, if you read it, you are his audience). Second, he may be right. The 49ers are a far better team than even the most gracious of predictions on this board prior to the start of the season (and he cards may be worse...we'll see).

That is not true. An article should have some sort of facts backing his story or idea. If there are no facts then anybody with a good spell check and word processor could spew out articles.(In fact his column might as well be a forum....because here most of us spew out our opinion with no basis...we all are guilty))
But THERE is no way that you can crown a team after 4 games!! We are the defending NFC champs right now. I don't care how we look and how the 49ers look. They have beaten 2 of the worst teams in football to get a 3-1 record. It would be very easy to argue they have 7 more losses on their remaining schedule. I was very mad at the Indy game but lets face it. We looked FAR worse last year in games then we did in the INDY game. In fact if we didn't have 2 big TO's the game might be different. Please someone show me any Silver lining in the Vikings game last year and/or the Patriots game??? In fact we are the only team in NFL history to make the playoffs to be down 28-0 in 3 games during the year!!! The Cards can still win 10 games... Everyone crowned Tennessee and the Jets last year....and where did they go?

Cards_Campos

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
To add to that....I think we were down 28-0 vikings, 31-0 Jets, 41-0 Patriots and 28-0 Eagles. I didn't look this up so it isn't journalism but I think it is pretty close...maybe off a fg here and there. Imagine that not even the Rams or the Lions looked that bad for a quarter of the season!!

Ok looked it up* 31-0 Jets, 31-7 Eagles, 28-0 Vikings and 47-0 PATRIOTS!!!!! ANd we gave up 530 yds to the PAtriots in the SNOW...and had 180!!!!! SO yes we have LOOKED much worse and yet where did we end up last year. WOW...Imagine if we had won the SUperBowl..and you looked at those games!!!!!!

Last edited:

nashman

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Let the niner honks think what they want good teams rebound from losses and let the talent speak for itself! Good luck with that on offense Niner fans let your talent SHINE haha. That team will come back to earth very quickly now that they are going to have to play teams that don't suck like 2 of their giftwrapped wins!

young tone

5 TIME SUPER BOWL CHAMPS!!!!!
Reaction score
I think a majority of Niner fans would rather play the Seahawks than us and if your a Niner fan, why would you expect us to be scared of a team that really could not move the ball against us and we were our own worst enemy in the game and injuries do play a major role. Four games into the season is a weak position for a team to say they have already won the division when they did not make the playoffs the year before.

But the team isnt saying that. It was an idiot sports writers who never knows his head from his ***. Its pretty funny people are taking what Ratto says seriously. If you knew more of his work then you wouldnt pay attention to anything he says

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
But the team isnt saying that. It was an idiot sports writers who never knows his head from his ***. Its pretty funny people are taking what Ratto says seriously. If you knew more of his work then you wouldnt pay attention to anything he says

Nah, I've always known he was an idiot. The first time I saw him was on the forum panel on Jim Rome is Burning. He's just a fat no good with terrible opinions. Makes Peter King look like God

young tone

5 TIME SUPER BOWL CHAMPS!!!!!
Reaction score
Nah, I've always known he was an idiot. The first time I saw him was on the forum panel on Jim Rome is Burning. He's just a fat no good with terrible opinions. Makes Peter King look like God

Exactly and thats very hard to do...

Fact is we're 3-1 but theres 12 games left. Alot of football left to play and until the division is officially clinched, then the west is up for grabs. It will come down to the Cards and Niners though, and that MNF game in December will be huge (and I'll be there ;))

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
To add to that....I think we were down 28-0 vikings, 31-0 Jets, 41-0 Patriots and 28-0 Eagles. I didn't look this up so it isn't journalism but I think it is pretty close...maybe off a fg here and there. Imagine that not even the Rams or the Lions looked that bad for a quarter of the season!!

Ok looked it up* 31-0 Jets, 31-7 Eagles, 28-0 Vikings and 47-0 PATRIOTS!!!!! ANd we gave up 530 yds to the PAtriots in the SNOW...and had 180!!!!! SO yes we have LOOKED much worse and yet where did we end up last year. WOW...Imagine if we had won the SUperBowl..and you looked at those games!!!!!!

And we got hammered by the Colts 31-10. I honestly thought they had a let down because they got so far ahead in the division last year but now looking at those games from last year, and the Colts game this year, it tells me that the Cards are a BAD football team. It really looks like people were right and it was a fluke that they made the Super Bowl last year.

The Cards have allowed 462 points in their last 16 out of division games. That's more points than the 2000 3-13 team or the 4-12 2003 team allowed.

Pitiful pass defense and no running game. And now they can't pass either.

If they had 13 games left against SF,STL, and SEA I'd think they had a chance but since they don't they don't.

:stick:

Last edited:

AsUdUdE

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Guess Ratto didn't get the memo that an NFL season is ACTUALLY 16 games and not 4....

oh well.. maybe he will learn this lesson sometime..

phillycard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I will reserve my virtual punch in the face to this clown until we smoke those clowns in the rematch.