Hill Receives no Offers

Red Air Force

DILLIGAFF
Reaction score
AzCentral
No offer

It appears Hill, a restricted free agent, is not going to receive an offer from another team.

The Cardinals gave Hill a low tender, meaning another team would give up only a seventh-round draft pick if it signed Hill to an offer sheet and the Cardinals declined to match.

I don't know what the deadline for this is, but for once the Cards might come out of this looking like geniuses. :idea:

Last edited:

vikesfan

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
CaliforniaCard said:
AzCentral

I don't know what the deadline for this is, but for once the Cards might come out of this looking like geniuses. :idea:
Plus if the offer was not ludicrous the Cards would have matched anyway.

Diggity

Registered
Reaction score
Well when they first came out with this news, that they were tendering the lowest tender, I knew this was also under the format that they could match any offer, so I wasn't too worried about this issue.

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score
I have to admit that I find it absolutely unbelievable that at least one team wasn't willing to throw, say, 1.5 million for two years, at Renaldo.

I mean, the guy had five interceptions last year. I think that was tied for sixth among on all defensive backs in the <voice of chris berman> National Football League.

Oh well, their loss, our gain. I bet we give Hill a decent extension this year.

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score
Maybe nobody made an offer to Hill because he isn't anything more than an average football player and most teams felt they could do better with what they have. He is another one of those guys who is vastly overrated by Cardinal fans...much like KVB, Ray Thompson(above average no better) and Kevin Kasper.

If he is starting for us next season or even the third CB our secondary is in trouble.

OP
OP
Red Air Force

Red Air Force

DILLIGAFF
Reaction score
Crimson Warrior said:

What the heck? :confused: We went through this with David Barret Last year.

These guys are, above average to good, nickle backs, not starting CB's. Macklin might be starting material, but I'm not real convinced. We are gonna struggle in the scondary again this year, but hopefully there is still a CB at #33 who can be developed into a real #2 corner for the future.

Ryanwb

ASFN IDOL
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Crimson Warrior said:
I have to admit that I find it absolutely unbelievable that at least one team wasn't willing to throw, say, 1.5 million for two years, at Renaldo.
The reason is that another team didn't want to go through the trouble of doing the contract negotiations just to have the Cardinals match whatever the agreement was.