How about Jim Fassel as the new Card Head Coach?

seesred

Reaction score
If and when Green is gone you will be hearing from him at his new job on ESPN. I doubt he coaches again after this expierance.

GBR

OP
OP
az jam

az jam

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
If and when Green is gone you will be hearing from him at his new job on ESPN. I doubt he coaches again after this expierance.

GBR

No one will want him and he is in his late 50's. This is has last chance and if the Cards don't turn it around he will be history.

Arizona's Finest

Your My Favorite Mistake
Reaction score
Steelers OC Ken Wiesenhurt is probably on top of that list, too.

I disagree. All indications are he has a wink wink deal with the Rooney family to take over the Steelers after Cowher steps away whether that is this year or next year.

Steelers or Cardinals.....? hmmmm tough choice Ken:(

Pariah

H.S.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If Tennessee wants to dump Fisher...why would we want him?
Are you serious? If you extend your argument, just about any coach with NFL experience (all of them that didn't quit) can't be considered beacause [insert team here] didn't want them.

fact is, good coaches get fired all the time. Fischer is staring a 1 or 2 win season in the face (through little fault of his own) and I doubt he's retained.

Rivercard

Too much good stuff
Reaction score
Please, no college coaches. BTW, check out Nick Saban's performance with the Dolphins.

The jury is still out on Saban. He inherited an absolutely dreadful team. They won a bunch of games in a row to end the season last year. Their already flimsy OL is decimated by injuries this year.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Rivera would actually be an excellent choice. He would build a tough defense and our offense does have the play makers perhaps he could hire Alex Gibbs to be the offensive line coach as he lives in Phoenix.

Arizona has a WNBA team correct? From that bio it appears his wife is a women's coach so that would probably be a consideration on Rivera taking another job.

I am old enough to remember Rivera coming out of Cal and everyone just knowing the 49ers were going to draft him. I remember the shock when they picked Todd Shell instead.

JC_AZ

JC_AZ
Reaction score
Guys, plug in any coach and it'll be the same. It's ownership that needs to change their stripes first. Until then, this is how it will be year after year.

Same ole lame blame...ownership does not game plan, fumble, miss blocks, miss tackles, etc. The talent was paid for... the execution, the discipline and the coaching is the reason we are losing...plain and simple!

jefftheshark

Drive By Poster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If Denny crashes and burns here, we will be lucky to get the Bed & Breakfast manager for the Raiders to come here. Who would want to fight the curse?

Walter is probably the only person I can think of who would want the headache.

The Shark

BigRedArk

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Same ole lame blame...ownership does not game plan, fumble, miss blocks, miss tackles, etc. The talent was paid for... the execution, the discipline and the coaching is the reason we are losing...plain and simple!

I agree...except there is plenty of sin to go around including ownership and FO management or lackthereof.

BigRedArk

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
If Denny crashes and burns here, we will be lucky to get the Bed & Breakfast manager for the Raiders to come here. Who would want to fight the curse?

Walter is probably the only person I can think of who would want the headache.

The Shark

Cards are not cursed. Only mismanaged and undercoached. Both are fixable thankfully.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
isn't it sad that you could probably go back three years ago and find this exact thread - only you could substitute DG for Mac (who I'm sure some people were probably defending) and then have others rip the FO and owners and have others defending them as well.

there's one constant - BIDWILL.

IT JUST DOESN'T MATTER... (ultimately - the only thing that possibly saves this fracnhsie from itself is Matt Leinart - if he's not the second coming, nothing matters.)

BigRedArk

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
isn't it sad that you could probably go back three years ago and find this exact thread - only you could substitute DG for Mac (who I'm sure some people were probably defending) and then have others rip the FO and owners and have others defending them as well.

there's one constant - BIDWILL.

IT JUST DOESN'T MATTER... (ultimately - the only thing that possibly saves this fracnhsie from itself is Matt Leinart - if he's not the second coming, nothing matters.)

Yeah I keep holding out hope that Michael will convince the old man to hire a good knowlegdeable GM ( a Scott Pioli type for the Pats maybe) and a coach that knows exactly how to win and how he wants to do it ( a Bill Billichek type maybe) and that they just need to trust them and loosen up the purse strings and get out of the way and let them work. Hey I can dream right?:)

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sunchaser