how can you not review that last throw by kurt?

arwillan

The King
Reaction score
Thanks for Holmes getting one foot in the endzone....or, thanks for thug Harrison being able to play the rest of the game... goodbye! Not trying to be a bad sport here, but I tend to read into little funny quips like her's as being condescending.

I don't like either team, but that was a catch in the endzone. There was certainly not enough evidence to overturn the call. Harrison didn't even do anything the last drive. It wouldn't have mattered. I do think the parker play was a safety. But again, they didn't call it that way on the field and there was no way they had the evidence to overturn it. Heck, it was too tough to see on the field and the replays if he got out or not, though it didn't appear so.

LVG

Supporting Member
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
I don't like either team, but that was a catch in the endzone. There was certainly not enough evidence to overturn the call. Harrison didn't even do anything the last drive. It wouldn't have mattered. I do think the parker play was a safety. But again, they didn't call it that way on the field and there was no way they had the evidence to overturn it. Heck, it was too tough to see on the field and the replays if he got out or not, though it didn't appear so.

You know what pissed me off most about that TD replay - NBC proceeds to show us 8 friggin camera angles, all of which are inconclusive, and then puts one up for 3 seconds that 1) Shoots clearly down the sidelines; 2) Shows Holmes clearly with two feet down.

After that, it became a non-issue for me - but I was pissed that it took NBC almost 5 minutes to get to that angle, and if you took that angle and put it next to the upper corner shot, it resolves the entire argument in about 10 seconds.

It's like NBC was trying to not show us the most conclusive camera angle just to keep us all guessing.

Reaction score
The team has no class, how can you expect their fans to?

If the game had gone the other way, don't try to tell me you all wouldn't have been gloating and commenting on how you won. Also, don't stereotype all fans as having no class. I have really said nothing out of line here, I have just been giving my opinion on some things that I have felt wrong *in my opinion*.

I have also given the Cards props on other threads. They played a great game. If they keep playing like they did last night, they will be in many postseasons to come.

Last edited:

CardsFan88

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Just came on here since the loss.

That was no fumble. The ball arm was going forward right at the time it was jarred, but during the throwing motion he got control of it, and threw it forward. Thus no fumble. (The part where he got ahold of it you can clearly see it changes direction on where [the angle] it was to be thrown while in his hand after the bobble.) Which means he had a grip on it. DUH!

Also remember this guys. There was a 15 yard penalty on the Steelers. That would have placed us around hail mary zone with guess who able to jump out of the gym. Warner to Fitzgerald hail mary pass to win the game, oh but we never got the chance. All the world's football fans got jobbed out of seeing what might have been the best ending of the superbowl ever.

They'll say whatever now, but that wasn't a fumble, and they didn't review it.

And if they did, it would have been overturned.

I will go to my grave thinking we got jobbed, no iff's, and's, or butt's.

True we might not have won, if we really wanted to win, stopping the Steelers would've done that. But you review that freaking play.

Which makes this loss the worst, because win/lose I just wanted it to be 'for sure'. This wasn't, and I can't feel good about victory or defeat, because I'll never know, we'll all never know...if the best team won.

You'd think they'd review it after we got two horrible calls put our way overturned beforehand. Don't you think after screwing up twice, you might want to have them look at it?

There better be 100 more fumbles next season, because I'm sure that's how many of those weren't called in the regular season this year. Except the Cards, in the superbowl. Replay is a joke.

I don't feel it was intentional, but I do think they were incompetent and let the game end instead of stopping it and going to the replay. It was almost as if the refs subconsciously let the thing end, not wanting to know what happened, just let it be over. Like even the refs felt it was over, and didn't think anything could happen, so just end the game. Weird, but true. You have Warner yelling at you about his arm going forward, and the refs do nothing to slow the thing down, take no steps to see it again, just let Pittsburgh's offense walk up there, and do all the things like it was just a routine 3 yard run by the Steelers on the previous play.

Last edited:

MigratingOsprey

Thank You Paul!
Reaction score
definitely should of reviewed it - that one looked more like a pass attempt than the first one

krispydude

\_ \_ \_ \_ \_ \_ \_
Reaction score
i'm still shocked how that play wasn't reviewed. the ball was jarred but it kinda rotated in kurts hand when his hand was going forward.

i say there's a 50/50 chance of it getting overturned, then we have 1 last play from the 29. would have been a great ending.

inexcusable for a major play in the biggest game of the year to not be reviewed, especially with all the ref screw ups this year.

LVG

Supporting Member
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
After tossing and turning all night, I remember one tidbit - the NFL is supposed to have a "rules expert" in the booth. Meaning, that's all he does. Scuttlebutt around the league (at least, from what I heard) is that the vast majority are lawyers paid to sit there and judge (or escalate - which is a possibility in critical games in case some super weird scenario happens) how the rule applies - and that they are the final authority.

They are (again, from what I understand) also supposed to see the big picture.

How the hell did this "expert" not step in and say "Guys, we have to review this. Even if it's going thru the motions, we have to review this!"

Rivercard

Too much good stuff
Reaction score
I keep hearing from people how it was so obvious it didn't need to be reviewed.. never before have I been so pissed off about a call, and thats saying something. The refs messed up by not reviewing it.. and stupid Philly fans are just making it all the more worse

It's really a shame there was no serious review. Think about it - the ball was freaking jetting forward as though it was thrown. It did not look like a typical fumble created by contact. If they are saying Kurt sorta just lost the ball, how bout the famous tuck rule?

SteelersDave

Reaction score
Reports on NFL radio today are they did review it in the booth, just didn't mention it on tv...wish they did.

anks106

Registered
Reaction score
Reports on NFL radio today are they did review it in the booth, just didn't mention it on tv...wish they did.

you saw it with your own eyes (I'm assuming), did a ref go into the booth? No. Have you ever seen a review conducted in 15 seconds? I doubt it. There was no official review of that play.

conraddobler

I want my 2$
Reaction score
you saw it with your own eyes (I'm assuming), did a ref go into the booth? No. Have you ever seen a review conducted in 15 seconds? I doubt it. There was no official review of that play.

I think what he's saying is that the booth did review it and found it unworthy of the officials going under the hood on it.

Thus he's technically correct it was reviewed just not like they do almost all other important plays, although again if it happend to them they'd be squealing to high heaven no doubt about it.

SteelersDave

Reaction score
Just reporting what they said...wish they did review it for all to say just to put to rest any speculation.

wierwolf

Koolaid Guzzler
Reaction score
I can see how that could have gone either way. But what I am mad about is that Holmes used the ball as a prop. Doing a Lebron james thing.... But never got flagged for it. Should have been a 15 yarder.... Don't know if it would have meant anything on the outcome. But shuld have been called as well...

Preacher

Rookie
Reaction score
What I also noticed, was the refs holding up the play until the review came back. That ref standing over the ball usually waits until both are on the field with the change of possession. BOth teams were on the field and standing around waiting before the ref walked away.

Which meant that it WAS reviewed.

BTW-- congrats to Whiz for using his reviews VERY well. Many over on the Steeler board were yelling for Tomlin to challenge Fitzgeralds first TD catch as it looked like the nose of the ball hit the ground and it was still moving in his arms. BUt Tomlin didn't challenge it. Whiz was right on top of it.

conraddobler

I want my 2$
Reaction score
Just reporting what they said...wish they did review it for all to say just to put to rest any speculation.

The win wasn't tainted.

The refs didn't decide the game and honestly every teams fans see it through their own colored glasses but there were no horribly blatant scaring calls, a few close ones that were crucial didn't go our way but every holding I saw called on us was holding, it was ticky tack IMO but again we came to play and played well enough to win, so did the other team, someone had to win and they did, good game.

wierwolf

Koolaid Guzzler
Reaction score
Agree wholeheartedly Conrad. I don't think it was tainted. It was a great game down to the last play.... What a turn around for this franchise to be in position to win the Super Bowl from a few years ago. Thanks Cardinals for a great year!!! The loss hurts as a fan but it was an awesome accomplishment..

dylanbw

Registered
Reaction score
Just came on here since the loss.

That was no fumble. The ball arm was going forward right at the time it was jarred, but during the throwing motion he got control of it, and threw it forward. Thus no fumble. (The part where he got ahold of it you can clearly see it changes direction on where [the angle] it was to be thrown while in his hand after the bobble.) Which means he had a grip on it. DUH!

Also remember this guys. There was a 15 yard penalty on the Steelers. That would have placed us around hail mary zone with guess who able to jump out of the gym. Warner to Fitzgerald hail mary pass to win the game, oh but we never got the chance. All the world's football fans got jobbed out of seeing what might have been the best ending of the superbowl ever.

They'll say whatever now, but that wasn't a fumble, and they didn't review it.

And if they did, it would have been overturned.

I will go to my grave thinking we got jobbed, no iff's, and's, or butt's.

True we might not have won, if we really wanted to win, stopping the Steelers would've done that. But you review that freaking play.

Which makes this loss the worst, because win/lose I just wanted it to be 'for sure'. This wasn't, and I can't feel good about victory or defeat, because I'll never know, we'll all never know...if the best team won.

You'd think they'd review it after we got two horrible calls put our way overturned beforehand. Don't you think after screwing up twice, you might want to have them look at it?

There better be 100 more fumbles next season, because I'm sure that's how many of those weren't called in the regular season this year. Except the Cards, in the superbowl. Replay is a joke.

I don't feel it was intentional, but I do think they were incompetent and let the game end instead of stopping it and going to the replay. It was almost as if the refs subconsciously let the thing end, not wanting to know what happened, just let it be over. Like even the refs felt it was over, and didn't think anything could happen, so just end the game. Weird, but true. You have Warner yelling at you about his arm going forward, and the refs do nothing to slow the thing down, take no steps to see it again, just let Pittsburgh's offense walk up there, and do all the things like it was just a routine 3 yard run by the Steelers on the previous play.

I just saw this thread and had posted the following in another thread:

"Agreed that the ball was BRIEFLY dislodged from Kurt's hand on the hit, HOWEVER, Warner was STILL able to "shot-put" that ball forward under his own power about 5 feet. While not a text book "pass", there is ZERO evidence of the classic "empty hand" they look for on QB fumbles. The laws of physics will tell you that there is no way that ball shoots out at a 90 degree agle solely from the hit. Kurt regained enough control of the ball to intentionally throw it forward. They just HAD to review that play, not to do so was an utter disgrace.

So many bad calls really taints that game. I can handle losing, as a 30 year Cards Fan I've had plenty of practice at it....and I would still rate being at that game as one of teh greatest experiences of my lifetime, but it sure does suck to have the refs miss two grounding calls on ben (and too compound the one blown call with the weak PF on Dansby), that easy facemask call on Holmes (NOT DRC!), and the very last play.

Damn I love this team."

I agree with your point about it not being intentional, but the refs were just completely incompetent. Do you get mad at a baby for pooping it's pants? No, it is incapable of anything better. How the NFL expects full time school teachers and insurance salesmen to properly officiate this bazillion dollar industry they have on their hands is simply beyond my comprehension. They need at least some Full Time Officials.