How come people think Golden State owns us now?

slinslin

Welcome to Amareca
Reaction score
I think I heard this about 100 times on ktar today.

Are we forgetting that Golden State owned Dallas because they were a slowdown team without any kind of offensive inside presence?

Lets see the Warriors trying to pull this off against the Suns when we have Amare and Shaq because I don't see Chris Webber guarding Shaq and Stephen Jackson guarding Amare.

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
The Suns could have beaten the Warriors in a seven-game series without Marion, so, if necessary, they can win a series entirely without O'Neal.

The Warriors should be nowhere near the top of the list of anyone's concerns. They're irrelevant.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score

Are we forgetting that Golden State owned Dallas because they were a slowdown team without any kind of offensive inside presence?

Lets see the Warriors trying to pull this off against the Suns when we have Amare and Shaq because I don't see Chris Webber guarding Shaq and Stephen Jackson guarding Amare.
I think you are exactly right Slinslin! Shaq and Webber kind of equal each other out in speed, but Shaq is bigger and can wear C Web out. No way Stephen Jackson can guard Amare. Now that Amare is accurate with his jumper, he can pop all night long on Jackson, because as soon as Jackson comes out to guard the jumper, it's dunk city!

mojorizen7

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
With Shaq on the bench the SUNS can still run. Not as effectively without the Matrix to be sure but it's not like we all of a sudden are gonna be a Pistons carbon copy.
We've got less versatility man on man but more versatility in tempo IMO.

Griffin

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
The West is as strong this year as I've ever seen. A lot of teams (or fans of those teams) think they can beat all the other teams. It used to be just the Spurs and Mavs, now everyone thinks they can beat us. We shall see.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

They'll probably play Biedrins and Webber in that situation but yeah it's still not a great matchup for the Warriors. All of course if Shaq is healthy enough to get downcourt.

The_Matrix

Jump Program
Reaction score
We'll hit the post with the Amare/Shaq combo vs Biedrins and Webber every possession. Hopefully we score almost every trip on an inside hoop or open kick out jump shot.

When Shaq comes out we revert back to the fun and gun and trade baskets. Our perimeter D is weakened without Matrix so the Warriors probably have a smallball advantage unless Amare is dominating.

They need Biedrins in there to have any sort of defense against Shaq so we can have Shaq guard Andris who's only offense is on putbacks and pick/rolls. All Shaq's got to worry about is blocking shots and rebounding. Amare will have to follow Webber out of the paint.

Overall, I say the Suns are decent favorites in this matchup. The one X factor is that eternal X factor, Baron Davis. Nash is gonna have to spend at least some time guarding him, and that's just not a good situation.

young tone

5 TIME SUPER BOWL CHAMPS!!!!!
Reaction score
People are forgetting Al Harrington, who has played well on defense this year. He is a big body for us to can run and hit the jumper. C Webb coming back (I still wont forgive what he did to us back in 94), I have to see what he can do but I didnt think we needed to jump up and sign him. Brandon Wright will be a star for us but needs some time to develop. He is not getting PT under Nellie.

All in all, the Suns are a better team than us, no we dont own you guys but for someone to say we're irrelevant is an ignorant comment. The Warriors can play with anybody in the west and will be tough competition

French Fries

Mangaworm
Reaction score
We'll hit the post with the Amare/Shaq combo vs Biedrins and Webber every possession. Hopefully we score almost every trip on an inside hoop or open kick out jump shot.

When Shaq comes out we revert back to the fun and gun and trade baskets. Our perimeter D is weakened without Matrix so the Warriors probably have a smallball advantage unless Amare is dominating.

They need Biedrins in there to have any sort of defense against Shaq so we can have Shaq guard Andris who's only offense is on putbacks and pick/rolls. All Shaq's got to worry about is blocking shots and rebounding. Amare will have to follow Webber out of the paint.

Overall, I say the Suns are decent favorites in this matchup. The one X factor is that eternal X factor, Baron Davis. Nash is gonna have to spend at least some time guarding him, and that's just not a good situation.

against a team like gs, nelly would probably employ hack a shaq. i don't know about you but that sounds good to me. baron davis will likely get past nash, but will think twice knowing that a big wall is standing in the middle (i for sure won't see baron dunking on shaq like he did on ak47, it's ak47 right?)...

make no mistake about it, shaq will get fouled. the rest is up to the guys to exploit those foul troubles...

Bufalay

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
The Warriors own the Suns because Nash can't guard anyone on that team and because he turns it over 100 times per game against them. He's just like Dirk against the Warriors.

LoyaltyisaCurse

IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...
Reaction score
when the difference between being 1st and 10th in the West is a mere 5 games, it is a severe mistake for any team to think they own the other.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05