How could there even be talk of not re-signing Hudson?!?!?!?!?!?!

sundevil04

AZ Cardinals Mortgage Guy
Reaction score
Big contract or not we have plenty of dough to spend on Hudson AND WE BETTER! Randy and his 15 mil contract will come off the books next year, even WITH Randy's 15 mil on the books our total payroll this season is 66 mil which ranks 23rd in the majors. He's our best fielder (one of the best in the majors) and our most consistant hitter constantly floating around .300 not to mention a leader/mentor in the locker room for the young guys

Evil Ash

Henchman Supreme
Reaction score
Big contract or not we have plenty of dough to spend on Hudson AND WE BETTER! Randy and his 15 mil contract will come off the books next year, even WITH Randy's 15 mil on the books our total payroll this season is 66 mil which ranks 23rd in the majors. He's our best fielder (one of the best in the majors) and our most consistant hitter constantly floating around .300 not to mention a leader/mentor in the locker room for the young guys

$$ That's what the problem is. The team is still players for the 2001 season so while our payroll for this season is low, they are still paying a lot of money.

I'd love him back but I'm not in charge of the finances

Reaction score
$$ That's what the problem is. The team is still players for the 2001 season so while our payroll for this season is low, they are still paying a lot of money.

I'd love him back but I'm not in charge of the finances
thats wat i was thinking, this team does not like to spend money (besides crazy byrnesy). so if they're not gonna re-sign him might as well just trade him now.

green machine

I rule at posting
Reaction score
thats wat i was thinking, this team does not like to spend money (besides crazy byrnesy). so if they're not gonna re-sign him might as well just trade him now.

The money was going to go to either Byrnes or Hudson, and the team (or fans, really) chose Byrnes.

As for trading him, probably makes as much sense to just let him leave as a FA and get the draft picks for him.

JS22

Say Vandelay!
Reaction score
Looking at it, signing Byrnes resulted in the Dbacks losing Quentin and eventually Hudson.

coyoteshockeyfan

Fool In The Rain
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well if its true that Hudson is asking for something close to Chase Utley money, then he's gone, Eric Byrnes or no Eric Byrnes.

Reaction score
Hudson is a damn good player, and valuble to us, but Chase Utley money is too much money. he's good but not that good

Last edited:

DWKB

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Hudson is fairly old for a 2B. The amount of $$ he's requesting is not a wise investment at this point in his career. Whether you've seen it with your eyes or not, his defense is slipping and will continue to do so. We just don't have a backup option right now though.

AZZenny

Reaction score
Sure we do. Move Drew to second, put Upton at SS where he wants to be and has been all his life until we ****ed with him (after promising not to... they do that a lot).

Gaddabout

Plucky Comic Relief
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sure we do. Move Drew to second, put Upton at SS where he wants to be and has been all his life until we ****ed with him (after promising not to... they do that a lot).

First, I thought I read Upton had issues when he played there. Second, now that he's moved, I can't see moving him back. The kid hasn't put it all together yet. Returning to SS would be yet another challenge for him.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05