How did you find out about ASFN message board?

LoyaltyisaCurse

IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...
Reaction score
I used to work with Cardinal Bob's sister and knowing that I was a huge Cardinals fan she told me that her brother was a member of this board and that I should check it out.

So, I did...

BTW, CB has not posted in a while, I wonder where he is...:D

azdad1978

Championship!!!!
Reaction score
There was another board prior to this board where a lot of cardinals diehards huddle up but Skkorp made his own board and a lot followed them here since it was made NEM free.

KingofCards

My Hero
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
LoyaltyisaCurse said:
I used to work with Cardinal Bob's sister and knowing that I was a huge Cardinals fan she told me that her brother was a member of this board and that I should check it out.

So, I did...

BTW, CB has not posted in a while, I wonder where he is...:D

I wrote the first article ever put up on the front page. Since then, my bitterness and alcoholism have diminished me to barely tolerated, but at least I am able to post on all forums currently.

:thumbup:

Brian

PANEM ET CIRCENSES
Reaction score
KingofCards said:
I wrote the first article ever put up on the front page. Since then, my bitterness and alcoholism have diminished me to barely tolerated, but at least I am able to post on all forums currently.

:biglaugh:

Redheart

Stack 'em up!
Reaction score
KingofCards said:

:biglaugh:

NEZ baby, NEZ.

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score
Cards Corner on Aol...

then to AzProSports...

then here when Skkorp started up.

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
The trail (same one Jeff Gollin and others followed I believe):

Prodigy removes Cardinals message board page so move to a Cards board on AOL where Zeno turns me on To AOL Cards Corner, which eventually fades away as no more links provided by AOL To AZProSports which dies from lack of funds/interest to ASFN.

In just 8 years have gone from getting Cards info 4 days later from my mail sub to the Republic to getting it 4 days before it happens on ASFN.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
cheese intro'ed me to azprosports.com where i thought skorpp was a petulant little child (i really thought you were a teenager skorp . . . how funny is that?) who was figuratively taking his ball and going home with it when he started asfn. i quickly realized that most of the posters that i most respected (including, eventually even skorp!) followed skorp to asfn and the rest was history. of course, i posted much earlier than cheese, but he made up for his tardiness with repetition and explosive anger.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I started posting with most of this group on the Rivals board which I found out about from my first board (Cardfanatic's RIP). That then morphed into azprosports and then this board. IIRC, I think it was at the end of the 98 season.

TruColor

Trombonist in Roger Goodell's Wedding Rcpt.
Reaction score
Duckjake said:
In just 8 years have gone from getting Cards info 4 days later from my mail sub to the Republic to getting it 4 days before it happens on ASFN.

I'm my own grandpa!!

Oh wait.

I used to post on the AOL Cards Corner. I think. I may have slept since then, so all bets are off.

My original posting habits were started on the OLD (old, old) USA Today BBS. Pre-internet. Can't remember what the heck I was talking about on that BBS - I think it was mostly NBA stuff. I used to help out Basketball Digest and Inside Sports with their NBA roster information, so getting information on teams was from phone calls and what I could scrape up from BBSs.

Yeah, AZProSports was how I got here too. Maybe.

maddogkf

You think KFCs still open
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sun Devil Stadium, Sect 27, Row 34, Seat 8
1st I found Rivals Cardsinsider.com when Phoenix Mike & Alan ere there. After a few months, that closed down & then Bob Chebat & the others founded azprosports.

Then I met Skkorp face to face finally at the Mesa Riverview stadium rally where he told me about the new site. Around the same time, Bob found new interests & didn't have the time to host azprosports.

Soo after the migration started over here.

What other boards are you guys active in?

I go to ASUDevils.com & DevilsDigest.com for my ASU fix. I sometimes read up on the "official" Cards board, but to many trolls over there.

Last edited:

Kel Varnsen

Supporting Member
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
TheCardFan said:
Cards Corner on Aol...

then to AzProSports...

then here when Skkorp started up.

Me too, but I skipped AzProSports. AOL Cards Corner...ahh, the memories! :D

40yearfan

DEFENSE!!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was a frequent poster on the Cards "official" board when some of the ASFN posters came over there and let us know about this board. There are some really great guys posting on that board, but the trolls are so frustrating, it just insn't worth the aggravation.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
azcardinals.com started to suck as soon as the season ended, here i am

Goldfield

Formally known as BEERZ
Reaction score
Azcardinals board was my first. I was Pittman_Fan.

Someone posted a link to Azprosports and it was alot better. Then Skkorp lead us all to the best board of them all!

This board truely does kick ass!

Goldfield

Formally known as BEERZ
Reaction score
BEERZ said:
Azcardinals board was my first. I was Pittman_Fan.

Someone posted a link to Azprosports and it was alot better. Then Skkorp lead us all to the best board of them all!

This board truely does kick ass!
Wow great thread by the way. I havent thought about this in along time... (sniffle, sniffle)

arthurracoon

The Cardinal Smiles
Reaction score
I started off on the azcentral board, but someone (I think it was Section 11) posted the link for this site there.

coyoteshockeyfan

Fool In The Rain
Supporting Member
Reaction score
There was a link on one of the Diamondback websites, now here I am.

green machine

I rule at posting
Reaction score
Former AZProSports poster. That board went down the toilet, this board was on the rise, so I joined. Talk about being a bandwagon poster! :stupid:

EDIT: Looks like this was my 2500th post. Hooray for me!

BACH

Superbowl, Homeboy!
Reaction score
From the Republic's message board on azcentral.com to AZprosports to here.

Pretty easy actually. I just had to "Find Waldo (Walter)" then I ended up right here. :)

BTW. Somebody hacked into AZprosports and turned it into a US out of Iraq propaganda site..

WisconsinCard

Herfin BIg Time
Reaction score
arthurracoon said:
I started off on the azcentral board, but someone (I think it was Section 11) posted the link for this site there.

Me too... its all section 11's fault. He led me here and now my wife and kids have become widows and orphans. Just kidding I work third shift and read and post all night long. Management ya know we have that kind of time... :thumbup:

Cards Czar

The Bird is the Word
Reaction score
Started at the Rivals site as Zona98 but when that died went to the azprosports.com as Zona 98 or Navy Mike. I site loved that site except for NEM and Tango. Skkorp started his new site and we all were like a flock of seagulls and flew over to the best Cardinal site on the net. I have used these names on ASFN site. Zona98, Zona99, Snausages, and now Cards Czar. Will be changing the name in a few day. booooyaaaaa!!

Navy Mike

CaptTurbo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I was at Cards Corner with zeno and eventually helped him out with the site for a short time writing articles. Then after that disappeared I kind of wandered aimlessly until a few posters here remembered me from cards corner and invited me to come take a look.

Bet they regret that now!!! :D

BigRedFan

Registered
Reaction score
I used to visit the AOL Cards Corner and another one I forgot the name of.

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
AOL Cards Corner; then following the Skkorp trail which wound up here.

I do miss some of the old Cards Corner crowd (both the good and the bad; mostly good) - Dave Baker, NazDrew, Reino, NetSport, the Prices and others.

For those of you of more recent vintage - Several years back, there was this movement, started by Dave B, to "take back our stadium" on opening day when we played the Cowboys (aka "Team Felon"). Hard core Cardinal fans were sick and tired of seeing more Felon blue in the stands than Cardinal red.

A massive advanced effort was made via the Internet and other channels to sell tix and fill the seats with Cardinal fans. I flew in from NJ (my only trip to a Cardinal game). A bunch of us - including Zeno, Karl, Bill Price, Rowland Price, Naz, Reino, Maddjack and PDon and NetSport got together the night before at a local steak joint to hoist a few and talk Cardinal football.

The next day featured tailgating on the mid floor of a parking deck courtesy of Reino followed by the Cardinals' come-back win against the Felons (off Butthead's OT bankshot). And, yes, there was more red than blue in the stands - even moreso after the game as many fair-weather Felon fans ditched their jerseys for more "appropriate" apparel.

I flew home sweat-filled that night on the red-eye, still wearing Cardinal tee shirt, cargo shorts, sandals and my Buddy Ryan plantation hat. I fell asleep on the plane, looking no doubt like a homeless person. There was a stopover in Detroit. Much to my embarrassment, I got a lot of cross-eyed looks from a bunch of advertising "suits" from the auto industry who boarded the plane to visit their ad agencies in NYC.

But screw the embarrassment. We won!

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Broncosfan