How did you find out about ASFN message board?

Shuesters2

Wind Breaker
Reaction score
I was sleeping with Stoney Case's ex-super model girlfriend... what was her name, Landry or something... and in the throw of passion she starts moaning "ASFN! ASFN!". Well anything that good I had to check out.

Shuesters

SunCityCarl

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I'm here via the "AOL" Cards Corner board & Jeff Gollin! Skorp has a beautiful site here doesn't he? :notworthy

O

LD @ F.O.H.
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Shuesters2 said:
I was sleeping with Stoney Case's ex-super model girlfriend... what was her name, Landry or something... and in the throw of passion she starts moaning "ASFN! ASFN!". Well anything that good I had to check out.

Shuesters

:biglaugh:
Now, that's funny.
Me, I came from azprosports.

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Do you still have the AOL addresses for those guys? They would be great additions to this board...if they're not already here.
Actually, I do (although I'm sure a lot of the addresses are obsolete).

The ones you're probably familiar with on this board include: [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], (Carl), [email protected], [email protected].

Those who have either changed their screen names or dropped out of sight includ: [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], (aka Tumbleweed), [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected]. Also The Phantom (my "***********" - so I won't divulge his e-mail address).

If I missed anyone, chime in.

daytripper

All Star
Reaction score
THe old AOl board was great. The tone was mostly civil with few trolls. It was too bad the way it faded though, it could have been handled better.
And who would have guessed that this board would be this successful. KUDOS to Skorp and others. THe Cards owe you for helping to build a solid fan base.

Hasta la Vista
DT
aka southforte

GBR 40

Reaction score
Lurked at azcentral, on to azprosports, when Skkorp opened this site I figured it was about time to jump in. I don't know how I have managed to keep my job since...

I'm hooked!!! :(

Mike Olbinski

Formerly Chandler Mike
Supporting Member
Reaction score
DeAnna said:
I still have my CardinalsInsider.com T-shirt!! Thanks Chandler Mike! :thumbup:

But I do remember the old AOL board also - Skkorp, Jeff Gollin, and a few others.

You're welcome...

Maybe I should find those images again, and have someone on here make some shirts ???

As for me...

Started the Rivals.com site for the Cards, Suns and Dbacks...then when it went belly up, Bob Chebat and I started AZProSports.com and it did well...then we started a paper, then 9/11 happened and things changed in my life and I decided to go back to work full time.

Skkop asked for my help in building this site, and so I did...and now run it for him basically.

Amazing how far we've come, and how we've followed along through every change that's come our way.

Mike

Capital Card

The Kobayashi of Kool-Aid
Reaction score
DeAnna said:
I still have my CardinalsInsider.com T-shirt!! Thanks Chandler Mike! :thumbup:

But I do remember the old AOL board also - Skkorp, Jeff Gollin, and a few others.

I still have my shirt as well, but it is in such bad shape that I don't wear it public much anymore. I'm not sure I'll ever be able to throw it away.

Is it possible to do another printing of it with the ASFN logo instead of the old Rivals one?

I found the Rivals website when I was working for MCI/WorldCom during their merger. They moved me into a position that required about 1 hour of work each day, so I spent the rest of my on the Rivals site, where I was originally CardFan_N_DC. Someone else was DC_CardFan and I would often confuse their posts with my own, so I switched to Capital Card and have used it ever since.

It is funny how long some of us have been together. Nice memories...for the most part :p

Go Cards!!!

Last edited:

TruColor

Trombonist in Roger Goodell's Wedding Rcpt.
Reaction score
I've still got my shirt...I still wear it with pride...

:raccoon:

RedStorm

Next NY Gov
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Chandler Mike said:
You're welcome...

Maybe I should find those images again, and have someone on here make some shirts ???

As for me...

Started the Rivals.com site for the Cards, Suns and Dbacks...then when it went belly up, Bob Chebat and I started AZProSports.com and it did well...then we started a paper, then 9/11 happened and things changed in my life and I decided to go back to work full time.

Skkop asked for my help in building this site, and so I did...and now run it for him basically.

Amazing how far we've come, and how we've followed along through every change that's come our way.

Mike

Same here...Been around since Rivals....That was when I first stumbled onto that site...I can't remember what I was searching for but found it somehow and been lurking ever since.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I somehow discovered azprosports which lead to here. There was a guy on azprosport named Jim who seemed to give way to Bob Chebet(sp). Does anybody remember the "Jim" guy I'm refering to?

Anyway, Thank God for this site. To Skorpp, the moderators and members. Each and every one of you help me keep me informed right up to the minute on anything about my beloved Big Red.

maddogkf

You think KFCs still open
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sun Devil Stadium, Sect 27, Row 34, Seat 8
slanidrac16 said:
I somehow discovered azprosports which lead to here. There was a guy on azprosport named Jim who seemed to give way to Bob Chebet(sp). Does anybody remember the "Jim" guy I'm refering to?

Anyway, Thank God for this site. To Skorpp, the moderators and members. Each and every one of you help me keep me informed right up to the minute on anything about my beloved Big Red.

Jim Richards?

CQ

Recovered WoW-aholic
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think I have the weirdest story as to how I found ASFN! :wave:

I turned my back on sports years before (long story), but had made a few new friends who were really into different AZ sports. I started going to a new dentist and we got to talking about how I can find anything/anyone I want to online. He challenged me to try to find him. 15 minutes of online research, I found not only his home address, but also this site, where his brother, MadCardDisease is a mod. Gotta love those uncommon last names, makes for easy searching! Anyhow, I lurked around here for awhile out of boredom, then started posting. I quickly got to know these people and nearly a year and a half later, I'm still hanging around here, not out of boredom anymore, but because of the friendships I've made through this site. Oh, and my back is no longer turned against sports! My husband laughs because I now pay closer attention to baseball, basketball & football than he ever has! LOL!

DeAnna

Just A Face in The Crowd
Reaction score
CQ said:
My husband laughs because I now pay closer attention to baseball, basketball & football than he ever has! LOL!

:thumbup:

Good girl!! Yeah, I'm the one that has to keep hubby updated on everything that goes on in AZ sports!

DeAnna

Just A Face in The Crowd
Reaction score
Capital Card said:
IIs it possible to do another printing of it with the ASFN logo instead of the old Rivals one?

Yeah, we should! Mine are tattered also.

marathon_mom

Bring it on!!!
Reaction score
CQ said:
I think I have the weirdest story as to how I found ASFN! :wave:

I turned my back on sports years before (long story), but had made a few new friends who were really into different AZ sports. I started going to a new dentist and we got to talking about how I can find anything/anyone I want to online. He challenged me to try to find him. 15 minutes of online research, I found not only his home address, but also this site, where his brother, MadCardDisease is a mod. Gotta love those uncommon last names, makes for easy searching! Anyhow, I lurked around here for awhile out of boredom, then started posting. I quickly got to know these people and nearly a year and a half later, I'm still hanging around here, not out of boredom anymore, but because of the friendships I've made through this site. Oh, and my back is no longer turned against sports! My husband laughs because I now pay closer attention to baseball, basketball & football than he ever has! LOL!
It's all her fault. I'm here cuz CQ kept sending my links to hilarious posts. Maddog was on a roll one day about someone stealing his identity. I about died laughing. So...here I am. Took CQ to her first Cardinals game last year. She was so confused. And so freaked out by KoC. I had season tics in section 38 for 8 years. Gave em up, then found this board. Sick to my stomach now thinking of all the fun tailgates I could be going to now. Gonna try to get tics again this year. :thumbup: Go Cards! :newcards:

marathon_mom

Bring it on!!!
Reaction score
KingofCards said:
Yeah, for some reason, you telling a man that he was a ***** father, in front of his kids, because he was a Seahawks fan...well? I just don't think CQ had experienced that type of Cardinal rage before. :D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Broncosfan