How do I get there

PopToosweet

The Birdman
Reaction score
Hey I have a serious question....I am a new fan.....1 year now, and my question is how do I get to the stadium from San Diego CA. Also tickets, how do I get hold of them.......One more question is there a certain spot to hang when I get there....Don't want to be sitting somewhere by myself.....

KingofCards

My Hero
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
PopToosweet said:
Hey I have a serious question....I am a new fan.....1 year now, and my question is how do I get to the stadium from San Diego CA. Also tickets, how do I get hold of them.......One more question is there a certain spot to hang when I get there....Don't want to be sitting somewhere by myself.....

Here are directions from the San Diego Zoo to Sun Devil Stadium:

Start: Depart Start on Local road(s) (East) 0.1 < 1min
1: Turn LEFT (North) onto Zoo Dr 0.3 0:01
2: Turn LEFT (North) onto Park Blvd 1.1 0:02
3: Turn RIGHT (East) onto El Cajon Blvd 1.3 0:03
4: Take Ramp (LEFT) onto I-805 [Inland Fwy] (I-805) 0.9 0:01
5: Turn RIGHT onto Ramp (I-8 / Beaches / El Centro) 0.2 < 1min
6: Take Ramp (RIGHT) onto I-8 [Mission Valley Fwy] (I-8 / El Centro) 280 3:54
Entering Arizona
7: At exit 115, take Ramp (LEFT) onto I-8 Bus (AZ-85 / Phoenix / Ajo) 3.4 0:05
8: Keep STRAIGHT onto SR-85 33.7 0:31
9: Turn RIGHT onto Ramp (I-10) 0.3 < 1min
10: Take Ramp (RIGHT) onto I-10 (I-10 / Phoenix) 34.0 0:32
11: Keep LEFT onto SR-202 Loop Hov Ln (AZ-202-LOOP HOV) 0.7 0:01
12: Road name changes to SR-202 Loop 3.3 0:03
13: At exit 4, turn RIGHT onto Ramp (52nd St / Van Buren St) 0.4 0:01
14: Turn RIGHT (South) onto N 52nd St 0.3 < 1min
15: Turn LEFT (East) onto E Van Buren St 1.1 0:01
16: Road name changes to (N) Mill Ave 1.5 0:02
17: Turn LEFT (East) onto Local road(s) < 0.1 0:01
18: Road name changes to E Rio Salado Pky 0.5 0:01
19: Turn RIGHT (South) onto Local road(s) 0.1 < 1min
End: Arrive End < 0.1 < 1min
Total Route 363 mi 5 hrs 20 mins

OP
OP
PopToosweet

PopToosweet

The Birdman
Reaction score
preciate it, now is there a certain thing that yall do over there in AZ before the game, or is there a certain part of the stadium I should it in?

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We're pretty much all over the place as to where we all sit, but many of us (except Ryanwb and CardTrader - who always come up with lame excuses) meet up at the top of the North Endzone (by the white truck) for every halftime.

There are often others coming from Cali (Cheesebeef, etc) - maybe in the future you guys could get a carpool of some kind in order and all pitch in for gas. Just an idea. Rent a van or something. Road trip! :cool:

OP
OP
PopToosweet

PopToosweet

The Birdman
Reaction score
thanks For The Advice.....i Have To Hookup With Them....okay What Do The Players Usually Do After The Game.....i Gotta Holla At One....if I Can Get To Him....oh Yeah Do Yall Have A Chance To See The Players, Or Is It Like Their In Play Then They Are Outty

KingofCards

My Hero
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
PopToosweet said:
thanks For The Advice.....i Have To Hookup With Them....okay What Do The Players Usually Do After The Game.....i Gotta Holla At One....if I Can Get To Him....oh Yeah Do Yall Have A Chance To See The Players, Or Is It Like Their In Play Then They Are Outty

The players all exit into the parking lot on the North Side after the game and I know they are accesible. I haven't ever waited for them.

I know some others have come out and posted a bunch of photos meeting the players as they exit.

Also the North End Zone is where they enter the field and you can yell at them easily. ;)

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
PopToosweet said:

Go to training camp. The players are all around, hanging out with fans, signing autographs. It is really cool to hang with these guys, most of them are pretty chill. Plus, Flagstaff at that time of year is awesome. Birdcall, holla!!!!

Last edited:
OP
OP
PopToosweet

PopToosweet

The Birdman
Reaction score
ASUCHRIS said:
Go to training camp. The players are all around, hanging out with fans, signing autographs. It is really cool to hang with these guys, most of them are pretty chill. Plus, Flagstaff at that time of year is awesome.

HEY THAT IS A GOOD IDEA.....AND BETTER YET MINI CAMP, WHERE IS THAT HELD, AND IS IT OPEN TO THE PUBLIC? IF SO EXACTLY WHERE IS IT BEING HELD?

azdad1978

Championship!!!!
Reaction score
PopToosweet said:
HEY THAT IS A GOOD IDEA.....AND BETTER YET MINI CAMP, WHERE IS THAT HELD, AND IS IT OPEN TO THE PUBLIC? IF SO EXACTLY WHERE IS IT BEING HELD?

It is being held in Flagstaff AZ, in the campus of NAU. Yes it is free to the public and you can watch the team practice. I'm going this year with my fiancee.

OP
OP
PopToosweet

PopToosweet

The Birdman
Reaction score
azdad1978 said:
It is being held in Flagstaff AZ, in the campus of NAU. Yes it is free to the public and you can watch the team practice. I'm going this year with my fiancee.
I UNDERSTAND THE TRAINING CAMP IS, WHAT ABOUT THE MINI CAMP GOING ON THIS WEEKEND? AND IS THAT LOCATED?

azdad1978

Championship!!!!
Reaction score
PopToosweet said:
I UNDERSTAND THE TRAINING CAMP IS, WHAT ABOUT THE MINI CAMP GOING ON THIS WEEKEND? AND IS THAT LOCATED?

opps my bad. That is being held in Tempe in their practice facility. I don't think its open to public, only with press credential can attend.

KingofCards

My Hero
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
azdad1978 said:
opps my bad. That is being held in Tempe in their practice facility. I don't think its open to public, only with press credential can attend.
I think they have like one day open to the public.

There was a sticky about it.

AzCards21

BANNED BY MODERATORS
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
KingofCards said:
I think they have like one day open to the public.

There was a sticky about it.

Fan appreciation day. :thumbup:

I'm going to go be appreciated again this year.

AzCards21

BANNED BY MODERATORS
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
PopToosweet said:

Pop, Is that you in the pics? How did you become a new Cards fan? If that is you are you in SD just for the military? When are you buying lunch?

Just a few questions for the new guy.

nidan

Oscar
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Go to training camp, mini camps are not open to the public. The Cars do hold special events from time to time though.

Cardinals training camp is probably one of the best for fans in the NFL. The sceanery is great, the weather is great and the treat fans very well.

Their idea of seperation is a white line on the grass 6' from the field. It is very fan friendly.

Last edited:
OP
OP
PopToosweet

PopToosweet

The Birdman
Reaction score
AzCards21 said:
Pop, Is that you in the pics? How did you become a new Cards fan? If that is you are you in SD just for the military? When are you buying lunch?

Just a few questions for the new guy.
:

YEAH I JUST BECAME A CARDS FAN AND I AM ONLY HERE IN SD FOR THE MILITARY.....SO ABOUT THAT LUNCH THING....I CAN DO THAT.. :hulk:

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05