How Does Edge Feel Right Now?

LoyaltyisaCurse

IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...
Reaction score
All those years on the cusp with the Colts and the exact year he leaves, they go to the Super Bowl...

BullheadCardFan

Go for it
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm sure its on his mind .. but he made the decision to move on and chase the dollar .. now he should be determined to get our team to the SB ..

azdad1978

Championship!!!!
Reaction score
The Colts can't sign him anyways. With the money tied up to Peyton,Marvin and Reggie and soon to be FA Freeney; the Colts made the decision not to match the Cards offer.

Brighteyes

Super Bowl!
Reaction score
I read Edge quoted as saying he was really pullling for Indy this year. So I felt free to root for 'em to go all the way.

He'll get his rings with us. Really.

vinnymac

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
i don't think edge was going to be resigned by the colts. that is why he took the money and ran. do you think he wished he could have stayed with the colts then hell yeah he does.

blindseyed

I'm saying you ARE stuck in Wichita
Reaction score
He's gonna have some sort of gut tension if the Colts win. He won't ever say it out loud but he'll have alittle jealousy and who wouldn't! That being said, he won't let it effect him outside of his $7 mill mansion..

Skkorpion

Grey haired old Bird
LEGACY MEMBER
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I really don't care how he feels. He made a choice. So did we. Who came out better? Cards or Edge? I say Edge. We didn't get our money's worth.

vince56

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Considering the class Edge showed this entire season, I think he's definitely happy for Indianapolis to get to the Super Bowl. The team, the city, and his friends and former coaches.

Remember, this is the same guy that never badmouthed the team all season, never badmouthed his offensive line, and requested Marcel Shipp go in the game on goalline to get his fellow man some TD stats.

The dude is class personified, IMO. At least, he's showed that so far since being here, I haven't followed him closely that much before this year. The only negative peep I've heard from him was back when he openly said he needed more carries early in the year. But I can't blame him, he just wanted to take the game in his hands, that's the sign of a pro IMO.

nurnay

whatever
Reaction score
Considering the class Edge showed this entire season, I think he's definitely happy for Indianapolis to get to the Super Bowl. The team, the city, and his friends and former coaches.

Remember, this is the same guy that never badmouthed the team all season, never badmouthed his offensive line, and requested Marcel Shipp go in the game on goalline to get his fellow man some TD stats.

The dude is class personified, IMO. At least, he's showed that so far since being here, I haven't followed him closely that much before this year. The only negative peep I've heard from him was back when he openly said he needed more carries early in the year. But I can't blame him, he just wanted to take the game in his hands, that's the sign of a pro IMO.

:stupid:

devilfan02

Registered
Reaction score
I really don't care how he feels. He made a choice. So did we. Who came out better? Cards or Edge? I say Edge. We didn't get our money's worth.

Wow, it's been one year. Once Loney got the line working, he rushed for nearly 5 YPC. If Thomas somehow finds his way to us and we can sign/draft a better center, Edge will be worth every penny.

All coming from the same guy who thinks Leinart isn't the QBOF (but Quinn is the next coming of Jesus) and also the one who thinks Joe Thomas isn't top-10 pick worthy. :bang:

Skkorpion

Grey haired old Bird
LEGACY MEMBER
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wow, it's been one year. Once Loney got the line working, he rushed for nearly 5 YPC. If Thomas somehow finds his way to us and we can sign/draft a better center, Edge will be worth every penny.

All coming from the same guy who thinks Leinart isn't the QBOF (but Quinn is the next coming of Jesus) and also the one who thinks Joe Thomas isn't top-10 pick worthy. :bang:

1. I have never expressed any opinion at all about Thomas. (Show us a link.)
2. Anquaan Boldin is the second coming.

john h

LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Money

I continue to be astounded by the money sports stars are making and the fact they want more. Zambrano the Cubs star young pitcher will probably end up making around $18 million dollars a year. That is for pitching once every five days. Some of the everyday players are signing 7 year deals for $120 - $130 million dollars. I cannot imagine how you spend that much money yet they continue to want more. I often wonder if these players even appreciate the fans. Say hello to Barry Bonds and he will look at you like your were dirt. If they are giving a large portion to the poor or some other charities I can get it somehow. When I was young I sat in the bleachers in Wrigley for $.50 and the grandstands for $.75. Now days you have trouble getting a ticket. Ring side seats a major boxing matches can cost $10,000 and up. It seems like a world gone mad. Ultimately we the fans pay the price. I must pay around $400-$500 for season pass to NFL and MLB. As a 1st Lt pilot I made $300 take home. Can a middle class family of 5 take their family to an NFL game? Can they afford it? I used to see 50 games a year at Wrigley. Do not have the bucks to do that these days.

Executives get $300 - $400 mil golden parachutes even though their company earnings may have sucked.

What does one do with a billion dollars? I cannot wrap my brain around all this?

john h

LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Whats worse is if the Cardinals draft Adrian Peterson

If Adrian ends up running like Bush he will be a steal. If he runs like our 2nd round RB pick then someone will get taken for a ride. I have not watched him enough to make any judgements but from listening to gurus he sounds like a top 5 pick. I remain a Jamal fan as I have watched almost all of his games and he is the real deal in college in the SEC. Also a good guy.

vinnymac

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
If Adrian ends up running like Bush he will be a steal. If he runs like our 2nd round RB pick then someone will get taken for a ride. I have not watched him enough to make any judgements but from listening to gurus he sounds like a top 5 pick. I remain a Jamal fan as I have watched almost all of his games and he is the real deal in college in the SEC. Also a good guy.

you rather the cardinals draft jamal anderson rather than gaines adams. i know you are die hard razorback fan, what do you think about that cornerback coming early. are you glad monk decided to stay.

JC_AZ

JC_AZ
Reaction score

AP minus JJ = Cardinals RUNNING GAME ala New Orleans!