How important is the QB in DG's system?

Ryanwb

ASFN IDOL
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
(I really don't want vikesfan's opinion :trout: )

Just interesting that DG had 7 QB's in 10 years up in Minnesota and from the sounds of it, you could put a football throwing chimp back there and he would be successful. Does this mean if Josh McCown becomes an All Pro QB we will let him walk during FA because there is no reason to pay him big dollars?

Can we expect the Cardinals QB during DG's tenure here to be one of the lowest paid players because he is one of the least important pieces? Are we going to have the same revolving door, become a QB farm for the rest of the league?

How important is the QB in DG's system?

vikesfan

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Well DG drafted a Franchise QB when he got the chance he didn't want to have the revolving door. The revolving door worked but he had no choice.

The QB in the DG system is not supposed to try and do too much and try and win the game himself. The QB is there to give the team the chance to win by not making mistakes.

Assface

Like a boss
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Pretty important. Without a QB the center is hiking to no one and that would cause mass confusion. Plus, someone has to throw the ball.

Is this upcoming season the last year of McCowns contract? Did he sign a 3 or a 4 year deal? If he has a good year I hope we keep him. Most of the guys DG had in Minny were retreads up untill Culpepper. I really don't want a revolving door at QB, I just don't think that can continue to work year in and year out.

azdad1978

Championship!!!!
Reaction score
Assface said:
Pretty important. Without a QB the center is hiking to no one and that would cause mass confusion. Plus, someone has to throw the ball.

Is this upcoming season the last year of McCowns contract? Did he sign a 3 or a 4 year deal? If he has a good year I hope we keep him. Most of the guys DG had in Minny were retreads up untill Culpepper. I really don't want a revolving door at QB, I just don't think that can continue to work year in and year out.

This is Josh contract year, If I'm not mistaken.

vikesfan

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
It is not like DG wanted to have the revolving door. Some guys had to go cause they were headcases like George and Gannon. Others simply weren't effective enough like McMahon. B Johnson was too injury prone and the main thing is he demanded to be made a starter. Moon was at the end and Cunningham lost the magic.

I think DG hopes Josh will be his Culpepper. A high drafted QB (ranked iirc 3rd among the QBs that year) who can be the team's QB for 8 or so years. If he does well he will stay not go. If he does bad then he will be let go.

dopleganger

Veteran
Reaction score
vikesfan said:
Well DG drafted a Franchise QB when he got the chance he didn't want to have the revolving door. The revolving door worked but he had no choice.

The QB in the DG system is not supposed to try and do too much and try and win the game himself. The QB is there to give the team the chance to win by not making mistakes.

:biglaugh: :biglaugh: :biglaugh:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05