How much leeway does Gannon have depending on our record?

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I am reading this thread for the first time tonight. I’m laughing at the takes calling this thread “ridiculous,” as we sit here at 1-3 with maybe one of the worst defenses the cardinals have ever fielded questioning everyone from players to coaches.

Rohinaz

All Star
Reaction score
Been a bit all, hope all is well, sorry to come in with a negative sounding thread after being away a bit. But, while we've put up pretty competitive and spirited performances in the past three weeks, I have to admit to being worried about Washington given our injury situation. Then it's on to SF who is also reeling, but very talented. Then Green Bay with Jordan Love presumably back in the fold.

At what record or point do you think Gannon ends up on the hot seat, or is he safe no matter what happens?

I'd lean towards thinking he should be safe regardless of record, given that we haven't provided him with enough to turn things around yet, but wondering what you all think might be the line. Obviously if we're 2-2 going into SF this isn't even really that big of a consideration.
we are neck deep in a rebuild. Next year we will have lots of $ to spend and we better spend it on the right players.

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score
Worst game of the season by a mile.

I thought through three games the defense had actually been over-performing a little based on the talent level, but they really didn't seem very interested in playing today. Scary.

And we're the only team in the NFL to score a touchdown on it's opening drive in all four games, but then we can't break the 50 for the final three quarters? That doesn't make any sense.

JG/NR/DP are going to take some heat for this one.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
I am reading this thread for the first time tonight. I’m laughing at the takes calling this thread “ridiculous,” as we sit here at 1-3 with maybe one of the worst defenses the cardinals have ever fielded questioning everyone from players to coaches.
It's ridiculous in that Bidwill would pay multiple coaches again.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
That may be the only reason it’s ridiculous.
I would argue this franchise needs consistency at HC and GM so 3 years is probably the minimum for me. The tough part is when the GM feels the heat and starts signing bad contracts that impact the future regime.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I would argue this franchise needs consistency at HC and GM so 3 years is probably the minimum for me. The tough part is when the GM feels the heat and starts signing bad contracts that impact the future regime.
I don’t think it matters. I think they’ll get three years. Might be a really awful 3 years. But they’ll get 3 imo.