How to make everyone happy!

Chris_Sanders

Not Always The Best Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Okay, I am a PhuckifIknow...

But I think I know at last.

Right now, the Jaguars want to take Leftwich at #8. The Ravens really want him as well and there is talk that they are willing to move up to secure him.

The Cardinals trade the #6 pick to the Ravens in exchange for the #10 pick, a third rounder this year and a second rounder next year.

The Ravens select Leftwich.

The Vikings select Jimmy Kennedy to play next to Hovan

The Jaguars select Marcus Trufant or Kyle Boller

The Panthers take Jordan Goss

The Cardinals take Terrell Suggs.

The Cards still get there man AND they acquire another third rounder and a decent pick next season.

Even if Suggs somehow went ahead of them, they would end up with Trufant or Kennedy.

This seems to be a realistic trade (Baltimore doesn't give up a second rounder this year) and everyone gets what they want.

We get Suggs at a lower pick, which means we pay him less money so the risk on him is less.

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If Graves could pull that off, it would go a little ways towards redeeming the Cards rep.....

Although I don't care for Trufant in the first.

RedStorm

Next NY Gov
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Dback Jon
If Graves could pull that off, it would go a little ways towards redeeming the Cards rep.....

Although I don't care for Trufant in the first.

I agree with you. Likewise on Trufant. We need a pass rush not a CB.

OP
OP
Chris_Sanders

Chris_Sanders

Not Always The Best Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The big advantage here is

That the Jaguars don't have a pressing need at end and Carolina definitely doesn't need an end.

Nor do they need a DT.

That means that either Kennedy or Suggs would make it to the Cardinals at 10.

Cardinals.Ken

That's Mr. Riff-Raff to you!
Reaction score
Re: The big advantage here is

Originally posted by Chris_Sanders
That the Jaguars don't have a pressing need at end and Carolina definitely doesn't need an end.

Nor do they need a DT.

I like your logic...

AZCB34

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Originally posted by RedStorm
I agree with you. Likewise on Trufant. We need a pass rush not a CB.

Actually we need both...unless you believe in Barrett which I don't. IMO, the Cards need both and since DL (thus pass rush, generally speaking) is significantly deeper than CB, if they get the chance they should scoop up one of the top 2 CBs and then address pass rush in rounds 2 & 3.

hef

Veteran
Reaction score

Nor do they need a DT.

confucios say good thinking:thumbup:

RedStorm

Next NY Gov
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by AZCB34
Actually we need both...unless you believe in Barrett which I don't. IMO, the Cards need both and since DL (thus pass rush, generally speaking) is significantly deeper than CB, if they get the chance they should scoop up one of the top 2 CBs and then address pass rush in rounds 2 & 3.

You just articulated my very fear. I hope it does not come true.

BACH

Superbowl, Homeboy!
Reaction score

I thought about this too, either Trufant, Kennedy or Suggs would be there at #10 and it would be an ideal scenario. My only concern is Carolina.Baltimore takes Leftwich, Vikings Kennedy, Jax either Trufant or Suggs. If Suggs or Trufant is there at #9 I would expect Carolina to trade down. What then??

Do we take Kevin Williams at #10. Sullivan?

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
I think of those teams, Minnesota especially, might take Suggs and/or Trufant. Carolina needs a corner as well as a tackle. Minnesota needs a pass rushing end as well as a tackle. Minnesota very well could see Suggs slide to them and take him over Kennedy.

If I'm Minnesota, I would look at the overall quality of good DTs, but the lack of talent at DE and take Suggs. Minnesota can answer DT with their high second rounder, or their high third.

Goldfield

Formally known as BEERZ
Reaction score
your right Krang the VIKES WILL snag Suggs if we dont...

Cardiac

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
No doubt trading down has it's pitfalls but, we have a big need at every position that a top ten player will still be available. I think you can and must get more than a 3rd rd pick this year from the Ravens. A franchise QB that they love is worth a 2nd rd pick this year and now we have some terrific options in rd 2.

The concerns are if the Vikes take Suggs or trade down as they seem very likely to do. Red Combs is trying to sell the team and doesn't want to spend a great deal of money. Getting out of the top ten seems to be a priority for him. Vikes could trade down with the Saints or Pats who would love a DT or CB but neither wants Suggs.

The Panthers may take Boller(doubtful) or Gross, this would allow one of our best options to fall to us.

With an extra 2nd rd pick I don't care if we get Kennedy, Trufant or Suggs with our 1st rd pick. Consolation prize of Williams would be just okay but when we get 2 players in the 2nd rd I will feel much better.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05