Hunter Re-signing?

jlove

AZ Born and Bred!!!
Reaction score
Rumor from Sports Xtra...

Suns have offered 1.7 million for two years, first Suns option, second is a Player option.

He is considering but his agent is telling him to wait for other offers.

Hopefully he'll take our offer. We could tell him that if he takes the offer, we'll sign him to an extension next summer for a longer deal.

**Edit**
Funny how the Bell, Padgett, Burke signings haven't been made official yet. Could we possibly be talking to Utah about a S&T with Bell to use the exemption rather than spending the MLE money for him? I sure hope that's what's going on. If that's the case, then we could use part of the MLE to re-sign Hunter, say $1.8-$2.2 mil/year for 4 years? Then use the rest of the MLE the $1.7 mil LLE and the $1.9 mil trade exemption to aquire a free agent big man and role players to fill out the roster?

I'm sure the Suns are waiting on the trade with Atlanta to go through before the other signings start becoming official. It would be nice to see them talking with Utah on the S&T though. It would give us more flexibility.

Last edited:

redsox

Reaction score
None of the deals get announced until the NBA Office approves the paper work. The NBA needs time to go through all the paper work. I think that is why all of the deals were not officially announced all at once this morning when the signing period begun. Even the suns official website has still not announced the JJ trade because the paperwork is in the process of being approved.

thegrahamcrackr

Reaction score
I still haven't decided if I like the idea of using the exception for Bell instead of the MLE.

I think I would rather try and use the exception in a trade at this point.

Maybe 2 weeks ago I would have liked the MLE better but the talent pool is getting pretty small.

The Commish

youknowhatimsayin?
Reaction score
thegrahamcrackr said:
Maybe 2 weeks ago I would have liked the MLE better but the talent pool is getting pretty small.

So are the options for using the trade exemption...

thegrahamcrackr

Reaction score
RedStripe27 said:
So are the options for using the trade exemption...

But there is better talent there. And we can use the exception anytime with a year, so who knows what comes up.

We can also use picks to get players still on their rookie deals.

At this point in the game I think the options are better with the exception