I can not root for the Rockies if they make the World Series

Lefty

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I don't like their team and their fans, period.

coyoteshockeyfan

Fool In The Rain
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Gotta love how TBS was showing the same couple of Rockies fans over and over again tonight. Ok, we get it, all seven of their fans flew out to watch the game.

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
boston will kill the rockies if they make it to the world series

TucsonDevil

Good to be back!
Reaction score
I will root for the Rockies for several reasons...

I like Todd Helton as a player. He never demanded trades when he was 'stuck' in Denver, other selfish players do that all the time *cough-Schilling*.
The reside in the NL West and not named Padres or Giants.
They are a National League team.
I hate Boston as much as I hate the Yankees... probably more.
I like the state of Colorado.

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I hate the Red Sox.

A friend of mine is a Rockies scout so if they won it all he'd get a World Series ring.

So, I'd go for the Rockies if they beat the Dbacks.

JCS

Reaction score
i don't have hate for the team, but i don't like the city and their fans after talking crap about phx and our fans...i duno, if cleveland wins alcs and colorado wins nlcs, ill root for the tribe, but if bo sox wins and the rox do too, ill root for the rox as a team...if dbacks make it, obvouisly go dbacks...

AZZenny

Reaction score
I have no problem with the Rockies fans at the games. They don't shove it in your face like LA or Giants fans, they are exhilerated at getting this far, and are understandably high as kites -- like we were in 2001. They smell blood, but we've cut our own throats. The players never put us down, they are courteous and respectful. They are playing rings around us, and that's OUR fault. Clint Hurdle sounds like a genius compared to Bomel, and very generous and complimentary.

Boston doesn't know Coors, and if I recall, Schilling hated to pitch there. Can they beat Boston? Yes, they have a shot at it, and I would LOVE to see the NL West push its success up some east coast noses.

MaoTosiFanClub

The problem
Reaction score
I don't like their team and their fans, period.

Um, how are they worse than the Red Sox? The Sox have detestable figures like Curt Schilling and two nimrods who show up the pitcher whenever possible in Ortiz and Manny. Plus the d-bag Red Sox Nation has become the most obnoxious in all of sports.

Phxchris1989

Registered
Reaction score
Um, how are they worse than the Red Sox? The Sox have detestable figures like Curt Schilling and two nimrods who show up the pitcher whenever possible in Ortiz and Manny. Plus the d-bag Red Sox Nation has become the most obnoxious in all of sports.

I don't know, Cubs fans are worse than Red Sox fans IMO.

OP
OP
Lefty

Lefty

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Everyone has their opinions and I don't like the Rockies. I went to their board and they are giving the Diamondbacks no respect.

AZZenny

Reaction score
No one in the country is giving the DBack's any respect, and right at the moment, they're looking totally vindicated.

You are quite right, you can detest any team you want, and for any reason, logical or otherwise. That's part of being a fan. I don't hate the Red Sox; I grew up a Red Sox fan. However, the organization has begun to merge stylistically with the MFY, and all of that is East Coast elitism, and AL elitism, so those are the fault lines for me this year. That said, I could never, ever root for the Giants.

overseascardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Their offense would be a better matchup against Schilling & Beckett. I also like the fact that they are playing with home grown talent and don't have the bank busting roster like the Yankees or Red Sox. Anyone think we have a shot at signing Schilling until guys like Scherzer, Anderson, & Parker are ready. Schilling seems willing to accept a 2 or 3 yr deal as he will retire after it expires. Johnson & Schilling together again w/ Webb would be a impressive rotation assuming Johnson remains healthy.

dogpoo32

meh
Reaction score

:yeahthat: The Red Sox are the most disgusting team in MLB. I would have to cheer for the Rockies, even though I hate Colorado.

Shane

Comin for you!
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
boston will kill the rockies if they make it to the world series

Boston will kill the D-backs as well..... Who are currently getting killed by the rockies who are on a freight train to the world series.

Nash2Amare

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I'm fine with them winning a title, but just 1 until we win a couple more ;) . LA, SD, and maybe SF, I really never wanna see win another or win one in SD's case.

TucsonDevil

Good to be back!
Reaction score
After seeing Boston blow such a game yesterday to the Indians, I'm not so sure the Rockies would lose in the next round.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05