I can not root for the Rockies if they make the World Series

Folster

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I respect the Rockies. We are losing fair and square to a superior team. Our lack of hitting is finally catching up to us. I'll have no problem rooting for the Rocks in the WS. I'd love to see a NL team win it to shut-up all of the "experts".

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
It would actually show as an accomplishment for the D'backs, to be eliminated by the team that wins it all.

Of course I'd root for the Rockies in the World Series. I would never root for an American League team. Never.

And I think they'll be playing the Indians, rather than the Red Sox.

Heucrazy

Pretty Prince of Parties
Reaction score
It would be nice for the NL to win and get some respect. Even after the Cardinals won it all last year everybody talks about the NL as the AL's bastard little brother.

Stallion

Cats, Cards, Bax, Suns
Reaction score
I respect the Rockies. We are losing fair and square to a superior team. Our lack of hitting is finally catching up to us.

Second that. When a team goes 4-0 on the road in the first 2 rounds of the playoffs it's playing great baseball no matter how you slice it. Their pitching has been great and they're getting the big hits with men on base.

My rooting interest the rest of the way looks like this:

1. Arizona
2. Cleveland
3. Colorado

Win Game 4!

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I can't root against Todd Helton - dude almost burst from joy getting that last out. He's been the perfect loyal player on what's been an AWFUL team for a long time and he deserves to end his run with a title. Believe me, our fans (me and the other 40 family members and friends of the D-Backs) were just as obnoxious in Wrigley as their fans were in our stadium.

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I guess ill change mind it would be cool to see Helton win a ring hes been a class a player and deserves it, imo but if the tribe win it I wouldn't be upset eaither :)

Diamondback Jay

Psalms 23:1
Reaction score
I'd rather root for the Russian Bomb Squad than those bastards.

Put it to you in a light-- I hate, hate, HATE the Yankees and I'd root for them over Colorado. Tells you how lightly I think of the Rockies.

AZZenny

Reaction score
Helton was almost in tears during the interview (can TBS possibly find a worse interviewer?) and Colorado is a pretty clean club. I understand those who can't root for them, though -- I could never, ever root for the Giants. (To the extent that Yorvit Torrealba's presence on the Rockies is almost enough to make me root against them if they play Cleveland.)

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
Terrific story. Amazing run... I HATE the Sox and Indians so this is a no-brainer for me...

Go Rockies!!!

:thumbup:

Shane

Comin for you!
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Rockies all the way. Twice on Sunday's.

MigratingOsprey

Thank You Paul!
Reaction score
i could live with either the rockies or cleveland

I hated the blake street bombers and always thought of them as the expansion rival (love my marlins, hate the rockies) - but I really like how this team plays, I was just up in denver last week and the city is going nuts - just a good vibe going on with them

gamblinjonny

Reaction score
I cannot and will not root for any Denver area teams. They have treated the people of Phoenix with scorn and contempt, especially the sports teams, but they move here for a better life and better weather. The Broncos fans continually degrade us Cardinals fans for failures of the Cards, but they choose to ignore the failings of their teams (i.e. the Nuggets and Rockies for many years.) Denver will never be the great city that is Phoenix. If Denver was a better city, it would be in the top 5 in population, the top 15 in metro population, and would be a thriving tourism area, amongst other items. So I will root for the AL champ, whomever that will be, but I have very little interest in the World Series. My interest is with the Cards, ASU, Coyotes, and the Suns.

Phxchris1989

Registered
Reaction score
I cannot and will not root for any Denver area teams. They have treated the people of Phoenix with scorn and contempt, especially the sports teams, but they move here for a better life and better weather. The Broncos fans continually degrade us Cardinals fans for failures of the Cards, but they choose to ignore the failings of their teams (i.e. the Nuggets and Rockies for many years.) Denver will never be the great city that is Phoenix. If Denver was a better city, it would be in the top 5 in population, the top 15 in metro population, and would be a thriving tourism area, amongst other items. So I will root for the AL champ, whomever that will be, but I have very little interest in the World Series. My interest is with the Cards, ASU, Coyotes, and the Suns.

Agreed. For the World Series only, I'm a American League fan.

Pariah

H.S.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
...but they move here for a better life and better weather. ...Denver will never be the great city that is Phoenix. If Denver was a better city, it would be in the top 5 in population, the top 15 in metro population, and would be a thriving tourism area, amongst other items...
Beat up on Denver sports fans all you want, but the city itself is a beautiful place to live--even considering the weather (you don't want to live in Denver in the winter, I don't want to live in phx in the summer...each have nice springs and falls. I've lived both places).

As for population as a measure of nice places to live...come on. Do you really want to live in an overpopulated city? By this measure Tokyo must be a paradise.

I don't have a list in front of me, so I could be wrong, but I would think Colorado and the surrounding communities is a bigger tourist draw than Phoenix, if for nothing else than the skiing.

I realize it's subjective, but you make it sound like Colorado is a hell hole, when in actuality it's a fantastic place to live. How many times have you been here?

MigratingOsprey

Thank You Paul!
Reaction score
i love denver - had a blast up there last week and got to enjoy temps in the low 80s and sunny - even up in the mountains it was around 70

i've also lived there for a winter - really not that bad at all

i imagine I could very well be living there 5 years from now and at that time my moving days would be done

population as a measure of a city is a joke - all hail mexico city!

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
By this measure Tokyo must be a paradise.

Tokyo is freaking amazing.

As long as you are on an air force base. Can't say living in the city is good or bad, but it is a FANTASTIC, clean, beautiful city. Honestly have to say it is one of the best places I've ever visited.

(colorado is nice too)

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Tokyo is freaking amazing.

As long as you are on an air force base. Can't say living in the city is good or bad, but it is a FANTASTIC, clean, beautiful city. Honestly have to say it is one of the best places I've ever visited.

(colorado is nice too)

I hate you for visiting Tokyo and keep rubbing it in. Gee hates you too. He said hi.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05