I didn't realize this before, but Freddie Jones was hosed for the Pro Bowl!

Jim O

Reaction score
Starter
Alge Crumpler:

Catches: 6th (44)
Yards: 1st (552)
TD's: T-3rd (3)

Reserve (Injured)
Jeremy Shockey:

Catches: 2nd (48
Yards: 2nd (535)
TD's: T-4th (2)

Injury Replacement for Shockey
Bubba Franks:

Catches: 9th (30)
Yards: 15th (241)
TD's: T-2nd (4)

Did Freddie Get Hosed? Here are the numbers
Freddie Jones:

Catches: 1st (55)
Yards: 3rd (517)

Conclusion:

Freddie was hosed. He clearly had a better year than Bubba Franks!

Dammit! We need to win more games to get our deserving guys to Hawaii!

You must be registered for see images

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Bubba Franks makes millions of fantasy players happy every week, as well as gets a ton of exposure on nationally-televised games, MNF, SNF, etc. He also looks the part. The guy is huge.

Freddie Jones was an AFC player for a long time, and so player voters might not know him as well, and doesn't (at least to me) seem to be as integral a part of the Cards' offense as Franks is to the GB Red Zone team.

I'm a big Bubba Franks fan, so I'm glad to see him go. I'm mystified that Shockey was sent; he's the most overhyped player that I've ever seen. I'm frankly just happy that Cumpler was sent to the Pro Bowl. He's truly the best TE in the NFC, and he's really young. What an athlete. And he has one of the best names in the NFL.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Originally posted by kerouac9
Bubba Franks makes millions of fantasy players happy every week, as well as gets a ton of exposure on nationally-televised games, MNF, SNF, etc. He also looks the part. The guy is huge.

Freddie Jones was an AFC player for a long time, and so player voters might not know him as well, and doesn't (at least to me) seem to be as integral a part of the Cards' offense as Franks is to the GB Red Zone team.

I'm a big Bubba Franks fan, so I'm glad to see him go. I'm mystified that Shockey was sent; he's the most overhyped player that I've ever seen. I'm frankly just happy that Cumpler was sent to the Pro Bowl. He's truly the best TE in the NFC, and he's really young. What an athlete. And he has one of the best names in the NFL.

That's funny. One of our resident Packer fans, FischerKing, said that Franks was one of the most overrated players in the league.

Southpaw

Provocateur aka Wallyburger
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Jim Omohundro
Starter
Alge Crumpler:

Catches: 6th (44)
Yards: 1st (552)

Reserve (Injured)
Jeremy Shockey:

Catches: 2nd (48
Yards: 2nd (535)
TD's: T-4th (2)

Injury Replacement for Shockey
Bubba Franks:

Catches: 9th (30)
Yards: 15th (241)
TD's: T-2nd (4)

Did Freddie Get Hosed? Here are the numbers
Freddie Jones:

Catches: 1st (55)
Yards: 3rd (517)

Conclusion:

Freddie was hosed. He clearly had a better year than Bubba Franks!

Dammit! We need to win more games to get our deserving guys to Hawaii!

You must be registered for see images

Crumpler from Atlanta - 5 wins
Shockey from NY Giants - 4 wins

Might be some other criteria.:D
If you want a Pro Bowl TE, draft Kellen Winslow.:eek:

DevonCardsFan

BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Cards always get hosed for the Pro Bowl, remember when Kwame had all those picks and they selected Brian Dawkins. Cards just need to earn more respect, because they could have all the stats, but without name and team recognition, they will continue to get snubbed

Ryanwb

ASFN IDOL
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I am still trying to figure out where Quan comes off thinking that Adrian Wilson should have been in the Pro Bowl. I know I risk going to hell for questioning Quan....but come on.

vikesfan

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Franks is and has always been overrated.

F Jones should get even better in the DG system. He loves a pass catching TE.

Maybe Quan is wrong on Wilson but he was right on F Jones and more important he is standing up for his teammates not focusing on himself. That is what you want from your superstar - team committment. Gotta love that!

Last edited:

Ryanwb

ASFN IDOL
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Originally posted by vikesfan
Franks is and has always been overrated.

F Jones should get even better in the DG system. He loves a pass catching TE.

Maybe Quan is wrong on Wilson but he was right on F Jones and more important he is standing up for his teammates not focusing on himself. That is what you want from your superstar - team committment. Gotta love that!

Dude, just admit that you are a Cardinals fan and get it over with.

vikesfan

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I guess we will have to agree to disagree. I think Franks is nowhere in the class of players like Gonzalez, Heap etc. I have seen lots of drops from him. No way he is a worthy #1 pick. Sorry man I don't think he is that good a player at least not close to what the hype says he is like.
He is okay he is not great.

Ryanwb

ASFN IDOL
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Originally posted by vikesfan
I guess we will have to agree to disagree. I think Franks is nowhere in the class of players like Gonzalez, Heap etc. I have seen lots of drops from him. No way he is a worthy #1 pick. Sorry man I don't think he is that good a player at least not close to what the hype says he is like.
He is okay he is not great.

Actually, I misread what you typed and deleted it, I ment to say that I think FREDDIE JONES is a top 5 tight end. I think Franks sucks ass

WisconsinCard

Herfin BIg Time
Reaction score
Bubba Franks makes millions of fantasy players happy every week,

I had him on my team this year, after about 3 games he rode the pine and I started Freddie the rest of the year. He didn't do squat in my fantasy league, so make that 999,999 players. :D

Loyal Card 17

Veteran
Reaction score
i read somewhere before the playoffs that freddie jones and lenard davis were pro-bowl alternates. did jones decline to go to the pro-bowl, or did he accuatly get snubbed. jim can you answer this question.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Originally posted by Loyal Card 17
i read somewhere before the playoffs that freddie jones and lenard davis were pro-bowl alternates. did jones decline to go to the pro-bowl, or did he accuatly get snubbed. jim can you answer this question.

They were second alternates. Bubba Franks was a first alternate.

CardinalChris

Big Man Himself
Reaction score

Franks is slop!! He's an extra tackle who, if he doesn't cathc a TD will get you 1 fantasy point on his two catches.

AzCards21

BANNED BY MODERATORS
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
Freddie got screwed. There is no way you can justify it. He was the best TE all season and got passed over. Then got TOTALLY passed over as an alternate. That was just wrong. Franks doesn't deserve to be anywhere near Hawii.

I would vote him off of the island.