I didn't realize

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
Since 2002, the Cards have played Carolina every year except 2006. We are 1-4 against them. If you haven't eaten lunch yet look at our QB's against them, :barf:.The only time there was a decent one, the Cards won.

2002-Plummer, win 16-13
2003-McCown, loss 17-20
2004- The ole Denny Green switcheroo, Shaun King :eek: :shock: :help: loss 10-35
2005-McCown again, loss 20-24
2007- Rattay :pullhair:, loss 10-25

there seems like something weird happens every time we play them. They may be our bad karma team.

2003-Mike Minter returns a int for a TD, Kasay gw FG with 4 seconds left
2004-DG names King the starter out of the blue the night before,Nick Goings runs for 121 and 3TD's, 4 to's by the offense
2005-McCown throws for almost 400 yards,and they have almost 500 yard offense but muster only 20 points. 4 turnovers including 2 int's by Marlon McCree in the end zone.
2007- Warner gets hurt in the first quarter and the Cards have to use Rattay.They get beat by a 78 year-old Vinny Testaverde,who, coincidentally, turned down the Cards earlier in the week to sign with Carolina.

That's some bad mojo right there.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
I was at ESPN Zone in Anaheim during that 2005 game with one of my buddies. I remember telling my buddy "we have this game, this game is ours" Then the Panthers start opening up a can of whoop as and I'm dropping F-Bombs and screaming in the restaurant. Not my proudest moment

OP
OP
Cbus cardsfan

Cbus cardsfan

Reaction score
i also didn't realize that Josh McCown is now the backup QB for Carolina.

rayzor

Rookie
Reaction score
i'm actually glad we have mccown as a backup. believe it or not....there are much worse. we learned that last year.

josh mccown >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> david carr

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
What that means is that if Carolina isn't playing any backups at QB or RB the Cards will have a good chance to win. If some no name is starting we're history.

pnthrfan

Reaction score
What that means is that if Carolina isn't playing any backups at QB or RB the Cards will have a good chance to win. If some no name is starting we're history.

If you change QB's on us for our game, we lose. The Viqueens did it replacing T Jackson with Gus, and of course the Bucs ripped us a new one replacing Griese with Garcia. And they didn't neccesarily pick us apart passing on us, but just somehow gave their team the spark. Which is what they're suppose to do.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Cbus cardsfan

Cbus cardsfan

Reaction score
That's what us Panther fans have realized also. If you change QB's on us for our game, we lose. The Viqueens did it replacing T Jackson with Gus, and of course the Bucs ripped us a new one replacing Griese with Garcia. And they didn't neccesarily pick us apart passing on us, but just somehow gave their team the spark. Which is what they're suppose to do.
I cam hear Mitch calling for St. Pierre as i'm typing this :D.

RedViper

Registered
Reaction score
The 2003 game is when I became convinced that McCown could actually be a starting QB in the NFL. The 2005 game, during the last pathetic drive was when I became convinced McCown should never have been and would never be a starting QB in the NFL.

Ed Burmila

Registered
Reaction score
Thanks for making me remember the game Shaun King started. I'm choking to death on my own barf. Like Hendrix.

football karma

Michael snuggles the cap space
Reaction score
that 2005 game personified Josh:

good enough to keep you in a game, bad enough to lose it