I, for one, am looking forward to next week.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I never really expected for us to beat the Falcons in Atlanta, so this loss is not as gut wrenching as last weeks debacle. I am REALLY thankful that we lost in the manner that we did.
Warner suddenly looks like an old man playing a young mans game who stayed in the game a little to long. We saw the same mistakes again. Fumbles, interceptions and the most glaring mistake of holding the ball way to long.
By the way, our play calling sucks. When we should be tryng to take some time off the clock we pass. When we should be conserving the clock we stroll around like we had all the time in the world.
We had a 10-9 lead with around 4:00 left in the first half. If we would have attempted to run the ball 3 times and ended up punting we would have eaten up at least a minute and a half. Instead, we throw 2 incompletions, ended up punting and gave Atlanta the ball back with just under 4 minutes to play in the half. They ended up kicking a FG with 9 seconds left.
Back to my point. Matt Leinart will breathe some life into this team. I'm not saying he is going to turn this season around single handedly, but he will be a refreshing change.
His first play? A quick pass to Fitz. Five yard gain. That play was open a dozen times and we never threw it. Did you notice the zip on his throws? Did you notice his quick release?
The last thing I wanted to see was Leinart in there when we fell behind by 20 pts. THATS feeding him to the wolves.
He's going to make mistakes, but I can live with the growing pains of rookie mistakes. I can't tolerate Warner doing it.
One thing I am fairly certain about...with Leinart at QB we WILL score more that 3 pts.
K.C doesn't know what their in for.

mesacardsfan

Veteran
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
KC looked pretty damn good today! Think we will be getting our butts handed to us once again next week! Sorry to be the negative but if you saw any of the KC game they are gonna have a field day against us. Hope our D comes to play next week as they did NOT today!

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
KC looked pretty damn good today! Think we will be getting our butts handed to us once again next week! Sorry to be the negative but if you saw any of the KC game they are gonna have a field day against us. Hope our D comes to play next week as they did NOT today!

THeir defense looks better but honestly they simply beat up a bad team today. Unfortunately, we're also a bad team.

OP
OP
slanidrac16

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I agree with you to some degree. The defense held Atlanta to 3 fg's after they had GREAT field position. Not only that the D gave us our only lead of the day.
Somewhere along the line the offense has got to contribute a td or 2 so as to pick up the defense. The Falcons came out to start the second half and used up 7 minutes of the clock only to settle for yet another field goal. When we got the ball back we were in a 3rd down situation an dhtought w eREALLY needed a first down to give the D a blow. Troy Walters got the first down by and inch. The next play , Warner threw the pick 6. That inessence was the ball game.
How many games are we going to win while scoring just 3 points on offense?

mesacardsfan

Veteran
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Sorry but this D got burned all day so what if you held them to FG a few times. How about the long pass plays and horrid run D that allowed over 400 yds offense, and about 260 or more on the ground? We had one solid defensive play and the rest well think the numbers say it all. Our D is overated period, we seem to look good on first and second downs then just forget how to do anything right. We give up so many third and longs all year its sickening!

moklerman

Rise from the Ashes III
Reaction score
I wonder if inserting Leinart is going to be enough to keep the psyche and attitude of the team positive? It will either galvanize the locker room or polarize it. I don't think they believe in Denny any more and will view inserting Leinart as giving up on this year. One or two more losses before the bye and it's going to get ugly. I think that Warner is an easy scapegoat right now but what happens to the team if the struggles continue with Leinart? Will the players just write it off as him being a rookie or will the D start calling out the O and the skill guys start calling out the line?

Leinart will be an instant hero if he looks good and helps the Cards beat KC but that seems like the only scenario that the Cards come out of this, headed in the right direction. Leinart struggling or getting hurt at home will be disastrous on many levels. What effect will it have on the team to have empty seats in the new stadium? Man, this could get real ugly, really fast.

Evil Ash

Henchman Supreme
Reaction score
I wonder if inserting Leinart is going to be enough to keep the psyche and attitude of the team positive? It will either galvanize the locker room or polarize it. I don't think they believe in Denny any more and will view inserting Leinart as giving up on this year. One or two more losses before the bye and it's going to get ugly. I think that Warner is an easy scapegoat right now but what happens to the team if the struggles continue with Leinart? Will the players just write it off as him being a rookie or will the D start calling out the O and the skill guys start calling out the line?

Leinart will be an instant hero if he looks good and helps the Cards beat KC but that seems like the only scenario that the Cards come out of this, headed in the right direction. Leinart struggling or getting hurt at home will be disastrous on many levels. What effect will it have on the team to have empty seats in the new stadium? Man, this could get real ugly, really fast.

Could get ugly? Did you miss the last 3 games?

I'm not sure it can get much uglier

mesacardsfan

Veteran
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Never say never Evil Ash its the Cardinals, they could find a way to get uglier!

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

again, if Kurt were playing pretty well and we made the switch, yes I'd agree it looks like Green is giving up on the season and morale will suck. But thats NOT the case at all, Warner is giving away the ball at an alarming rate I seriously doubt if the team is thinking crap why did we bench that guy?

Now if Matt does it too then yeah morale is going to head south quickly and you'll see a lot of guys sitting out with mystery pulls and stuff like that, but Matt's a natural born leader, give him time this team will follow him.

Kurt's a great guy and in his prime was as accurate as any QB in history but he's not a real lead me into the trenches kind of guy, players respect that he will take a hit to deliver the ball, but I guarantee you the OL in STL, NYG and now here gets tired of hearing how bad they are because he holds the ball forever.

AZ Shocker

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Originally Posted by AZ Shocker
Leinart or no...I'm still selling my tickets.
That's stupid.
No it's not. :p
Getting ripped off and still showing up is stoo-pid! :mad:

I don't care if the Cardinals lose...it's "how" they lose. They look unbelievaly under-coached and retarted out there. For a veteran NFL coach now in his third year...I expected better. Not necessarily a winning record, but at least some resemblence of improvment. :rolleyes:

jefftheshark

Drive By Poster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I guarantee you the OL in STL, NYG and now here gets tired of hearing how bad they are because he holds the ball forever.

Do you remember a single holding call yesterday by the o-line? At a certain point don't you think that they would hold, just to not get Warner killed? I'm not saying that they intentionally let the other side through, but they didn't look like they were breaking their necks for him either.

IMHO, Kurt lost the o-line after he threw them under the bus after the Rams game.

The Shark

AZ Shocker

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Man...I guess I'm just still pissed! I just want this franchise (my home team) to do good for once!

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Man...I guess I'm just still pissed! I just want this franchise (my home team) to do good for once!

I know. I know. It's frustrating, but for God's sake don't sell your tickets...the joy of being a Cards fan lies somewhere in the agony.

NEZCardsfan

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I know. I know. It's frustrating, but for God's sake don't sell your tickets...the joy of being a Cards fan lies somewhere in the agony.

It becomes a huge excuse to destroy your liver. As the season gets worse and worse my beer consumption gets higher and higher.

"Hey what's up D-Bomb and A-Dogg"

AZ Shocker

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
the joy of being a Cards fan lies somewhere in the agony.
So true...
Okay, I'll reconsider. I grew up with the Chiefs so maybe that will be my saving grace, but I got to draw a line with these Bidwills somewhere damn-it!

The under 10.7 million really bothers me. Honestly...I just learned about that a few weeks ago. I didn't realize we were that far under the cap. I figured we had done all we could to be the best we could in this grand opening new season.

Thanks for trying to talk me off the ledge D-Dogg. I'm sure by Wed. I'll feel better. :)

NEZCardsfan

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
So true...
Okay, I'll reconsider. I grew up with the Chiefs so maybe that will be my saving grace, but I got to draw a line with these Bidwills somewhere damn-it!

The under 10.7 million really bothers me. Honestly...I just learned about that a few weeks ago. I didn't realize we were that far under the cap. I figured we had done all we could to be the best we could in this grand opening new season.

Thanks for trying to talk me off the ledge D-Dogg. I'm sure by Wed. I'll feel better. :)

There is a grieving process to this.

Sunday--Just stunned and speechless, mostly
Monday--Filled with total rage.
Tuesday--Try to ignore the problem
Wednesday--You finally stop cussing when the Cards are brought up
Thursday--Realize there is another game on Sunday
Friday--make ridiculous predictions that the Cards will win
Saturday--brag to all your friends that we will win
Sunday--Be tortured.....repeat for 16 weeks

AZ Shocker

Hall of Famer
Reaction score

lol...That's about it. :lol:
Fan since moving here in '91. In my best Nancy Kerrigan impersonation...
Why? Why???????????

JC_AZ

JC_AZ
Reaction score
I'm just thankful that I posted my extra $10 seats on Stub Hub and sold them all in a week for $40 each...I kept my ROH seats but the others I had to unload before they became $5 seats :)

bigredjane

& amp; quot ;Car d s Crazy
Reaction score