I hate the Yellow Beak Color on the Helmets

TruColor

Trombonist in Roger Goodell's Wedding Rcpt.
Reaction score
Redheart said:
can you give me the no-beak bird with a yellow-gold face mask?

Stay with me folks...I think we have a new helmet design here...

If you're referring to have a Red helmet with just the eye and the Black "mask" portion, along with a Yellow facemask...well, apparently the Cardinals looked at something like that and rejected it.

Personally, I hate the idea.

OP
OP
JPlay

JPlay

JPlay
Reaction score
Everyone likes the yellow beak because they are used to it. I prefer a light grey shade on the beak

OP
OP
JPlay

JPlay

JPlay
Reaction score
or white. i don't think it looks unfinished. Throw it on the helmet

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
JPlay said:
I prefer a light grey shade on the beak ... or white. i don't think it looks unfinished. Throw it on the helmet

:barf:

Let me guess, you like the look of this car.

You must be registered for see images attach

football karma

Michael snuggles the cap space
Reaction score
PANTONE194C said:
If you're referring to have a Red helmet with just the eye and the Black "mask" portion, along with a Yellow facemask...well, apparently the Cardinals looked at something like that and rejected it.

I thought it would be interesting to see a Cardinal helmet in the same vein of the Eagles, Rams and Vikings -- i.e

Take the Eagles "wing" element, replace it with a red "crest" -- the crest would have part of the black "mask" in it -- the eye and the beak are gone entirely. Helmet could be red or white.

vince56

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
JPlay said:
The color doesn't match the outfit and should have been changed to white or Dark Grey. It looks like crap. Anyone else think so?

Pants. You do want players to keep wearing pants, right? How about helmets?

Maybe the 49ers shouldn't have gold in their helmet?

Next you'll be saying some team should have blue lions in their logo or something rediculous like that.

:D

TruColor

Reaction score
JPlay said:
Everyone likes the yellow beak because they are used to it. I prefer a light grey shade on the beak

No, we prefer it because it is CORRECT. Gray is not.

(Gray facemasks aren't correct either - in my book - but that's a whole other story)

TruColor

Reaction score
Oh, and if you're going to go after a team with color issues, try THESE guys instead:

You must be registered for see images

They're the biggest mess in sports today...

Redheart

Stack 'em up!
Reaction score
PANTONE194C said:

OK. My attempt at it. Maybe I see why they rejected it...

Attachments

• Logo-Helmet.JPG
    Logo-Helmet.JPG
    13.1 KB · Views: 410

Shane

Comin for you!
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I love the yellow!

Redheart

Stack 'em up!
Reaction score
bratwurst said:

It's starting to grow on me...

...somebody pull it off, please.

Now I would like to see it 3-D...beyond my beer-skills however.

Redheart

Stack 'em up!
Reaction score
You know something Norm...

...many species in the wild have natural colorings that mimic the appearance of huge, malevolent, eyes.

It acts on the subconscious-fear of the observer by giving the impression of a very large predator.

Hit me again, Sammy.

:cliffclavin:

BigRedMO

Registered
Reaction score
My opinion a white or grey beak on a a white helmet would blend with white helmet and look like a beakless bird at a distance.

Then again I like the old logo and old uniforms. You can see old highlights of the Bears, Colts and Packers, etc from the 60s to now and you see the same uniform. Love the tradition. You know they are teams that are here to stay and confident about who they are. Changing uniforms makes a team look like an expansion team.

Love the baseball Cardinals birds on the bat. They have had that for decades, back to the 30's. No doubt who is on the field when you see the birds on the bat. It is a team with a long tradition that honors its past. St. Louis would riot if the birds on tha bat was removed.

New uniform designers insist on ignoring impact of color contrast in uniform and logo visisbility. Football Cards logo on white helmet stands out unlike a lot of new helmets like Texans, Seahawks or Ravens that blend into the helmet. One of the football magazines I saw lamented the uniform Cards change becuase they thought the uniforms were some of the best in the league.

Codeofhammurabi

Cards Fan Since 1971
Reaction score
JPlay said:

The key being "Everyone likes the yellow beak" KEEP IT YELLOW!!

wembley88

A Grand Old Team
Reaction score
All those poor little cardinal birds out there. Hope they're not reading this or they'll realise we think they'd look better with yellow beaks.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Broncosfan